Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Kick the tires on Jason Garrett

19 posts in this topic

This thread is clearly calling my name. So as a Cowboys fan (who of course also frequents my 2nd-fav team's community), I know I HAVE to make this post. What I have to say:

WHY DO PEOPLE WANT HIM. Does nothing but hold very talented teams back, predictable as ****, outdated scheme. Did you not see after the Jets game (Cowboys lost to a then-undefeated Jets team), he wanted to shake hands with his players and then a bunch of them refused. Jerry made critical comments about Garrett after the Pats game (not that we can really read too much into them), and then Witten of all players defended Jerry's comments and expressed disappointment with the coaches underperforming. This shows how bad the situation is. At least the Falcons players still seem to like Quinn, Cowboys players are no longer in if for Garrett. Mediocre, can never win Divisional Round games.

All a team gets from Garrett is just a puppet who just stands there, CLAPS, and draws up the same ol' predictable set of plays. Yes yes, he has 3 rings as Aikman's backup, grew up around the game (his dad was a scout for the Cowboys), so that means he has to have a high football IQ, right? Well yes he does, but that doesn't mean jack sh*t if it's 90's football IQ. Trying to win with an antiquated scheme that's been figured out by everyone a long time ago, and he never adjusts. He's been on at least some sort of hot seat since 2012 (second full year as HC), but he's always had at least some defenders. Now, EVERYONE in Cowboys Nation wants his head. He's been given many chances, with many different OC's and DC's, and two different franchise quarterbacks. Guy shouldn't be a HC in the NFL ever again. I think there is a place for him in the NFL, just probably as a spokesman for Jerry Jones LOL.

NYG is rumored to be looking to hire him surprisingly LOL. Makes sense given he's a North Jersey native (but grew up a DAL fan because of his dad) and a Princeton grad.

3 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Might as well.  Quarterback coach, offensive coordinator... :(

Just stop making threads, this is worse than our blocking.