Mike McCarthy is probably watching our games and evaluating us knowing he could be our head coach next year.

40 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Why this dude name constantly brought up here? Aaron Rodgers made this mans HC career.he didnt even have a defense when he was there for rodgers.what would he change here? Aaron rodgers play out of shotgun 97% of the time.he passed nearly every down abandoning the run or even trying to get it started.he cant develop draft talent.what would mike McCarthy bring here?

Nothing.

Because he has a ring and we don’t, and for some that’s all they use to differentiate good and bad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he's been watching then he's probably stopped by halftime each week.

I both admire and pity anyone that watches our games this year. I stopped after week 4. I’ve seen this one too many times and life is too short to care about things out of my control. 2016 really hit

One HUGE advantage to hiring McCarthy is he MIGHT be <baseless speculation> and <more baseless speculation>  

12 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I both admire and pity anyone that watches our games this year. I stopped after week 4. I’ve seen this one too many times and life is too short to care about things out of my control. 2016 really hit me hard I’m not gonna lie

Same here, 16 placed a dagger in my heart,17 pushed it in to the hilt , twisted it and finished me off. The good thing is that I no longer have ANY emotional connection to this team like I used to. I could actually care less. You can't be beat down any further than those two seasons, mainly 16...It's healthier for me to not care anymore about this team like I used to. The flip of that as far as Blank and the NFL is concerned,I no longer spend ANY money on their product.

11 hours ago, AxManBigFan said:

We have had success in the WCO. We need a man who lives and breathes it, ol Mr. Blank it would be awesome if you hired Kubiak as HC/GM

This is the only other available head coaching candidate who makes any sense besides McCarthy. If you like to bet money, put it on those two guys. 

12 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I didn't hate Shanny for it. I was pissed at DQ for not overruling him. The guy is arrogant at times but he's an incredible playcaller.

And yeah, I thought DQ would turn the defense around and we'd simply change our identity. Oh boy was I wrong.

Exactly! No one can or should blame any OC for calling plays. The HC hears every decision, and it’s his JOB to overrule them, or call time out if it’s a critical situation and he isn’t sure. 

As for Quinn, I doubt he every did, or ever will, recover psychologically from his decision making in the SB, and the very public embarrassment of it all. 

3 hours ago, rogueleadersf said:

Same here, 16 placed a dagger in my heart,17 pushed it in to the hilt , twisted it and finished me off. The good thing is that I no longer have ANY emotional connection to this team like I used to. I could actually care less. You can't be beat down any further than those two seasons, mainly 16...It's healthier for me to not care anymore about this team like I used to. The flip of that as far as Blank and the NFL is concerned,I no longer spend ANY money on their product.

We’ve definitely been put through the ringer that much is for sure. 

4 hours ago, thanat0s said:

This is the only other available head coaching candidate who makes any sense besides McCarthy. If you like to bet money, put it on those two guys. 

I agree, Kubiak would be the man to hire. Just got to figure that defensive coordinator out. I would be ok with our LB coach or Morris remaining as the DC, but I think Mr. Blank is going to clean house on black Monday. He just respects Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff as men and won’t fire them mid season. That’s just my opinion though.

but the purge is coming.

Edited by AxManBigFan
18 hours ago, papachaz said:

since he's not working for a team right now, couldn't he go ahead and hire mccarthy if he wanted to, in some role or the other? I mean if his plans are to move dan out, he could go ahead and get him here if that's who he wants.

I wouldn’t be to quick to hire him.  Better than Koetter, but similar methodology.  Pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass

His last 17 years calling plays, the highest he finished in rush attempts is 14th.  Usually in the mid to late 20’s

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Weather you like Mike McCarthy or you don't like him one HUGE advantage to hiring Mike McCarthy is he is probably ahead of the game when it comes to evaluating our talent. He's probably watching our offense thinking of what he could do with all the talent. He's probably watching our defense thinking what he could do to improve it.  He probably hopes like crazy he gets the call to become our head coach. He has time to think of who he'd like to bring in as our coordinators. Weather or not he'd prefer to work with Thomas Dimitroff. I would not be surprised if Arthur Blank hasn't low key called Mike McCarthy telling him he's interested in him. All the other potential head coaching candidates are busy and will have to catch up on evaluating our roster. 

I will say this amidst all the speculation, I am not familiar enough w every coach/scheme and behind scenes scenarios to say “McCarthy is the best choice” but I certainly would feel better knowing we have enough to peak his interest and would be very interested to know what he would recommend as the long term plan.  So, yeah, if I’m AB, I’m for sure picking his brain at very very least and most likely inviting him to show me his plan/sales pitch if interest were mutual.  He’d be nuts not to hear from MM.  

18 hours ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Why this dude name constantly brought up here? Aaron Rodgers made this mans HC career.he didnt even have a defense when he was there for rodgers.what would he change here? Aaron rodgers play out of shotgun 97% of the time.he passed nearly every down abandoning the run or even trying to get it started.he cant develop draft talent.what would mike McCarthy bring here?

Nothing.

1. Has 1 title.

2. Aarod played his best under him.

3. Aarod is a diva and would be cut if he wasnt Aarod. 

4. Aarod has regressed without him. 

5. Gave Matt Flynn a career.

6. Is a QB whisperer. 

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I wouldn’t be to quick to hire him.  Better than Koetter, but similar methodology.  Pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass

His last 17 years calling plays, the highest he finished in rush attempts is 14th.  Usually in the mid to late 20’s

Sure I agree but his running backs were atrocious. He is usually a late teens run kind of guy. My first choice is Harbaugh or Riley, but he would be ok as well.