Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texasfalconfan

We are stuck with matt Ryan and Julio Jones until 2023

Recommended Posts

If my concern over Matt’s contract could be registered in negative integers, it would be. He’s a top flight player at the most important and coveted position in sports, and he easily has 5-6 years left. 

Julio is a different story. Paying an oft-injured, over 30 wr insane amounts of money is criminal. We could’ve traded him and retooled a lot of our roster, and replaced him with a competent 7-8 million per receiver. (Steelers anyone?)

Every time I think of that, it makes me curse... loudly. :argh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Let’s say Burrow is available when we pick.  If you draft him, sit him behind Ryan for a year and then trade Ryan for a 1st round pick, you’d free up 1 million in CAP despite the dead money.  Then by cutting Ty, Brown, Carpenter, Freeman and Rico you Fᵣₑₑ up nearly $40,000,000 for 2021 and $70,000,000 for 2022

Too bad Burrow wont fall that far. Herbert perhaps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Vick tried and did far less than Ryan. I often wonder how another QB would play on this team for the sake of comparison.

that though has no relevance on saying he will bolt for more money, when he is under contract and never done anything to lead you to believe he would.

Let's say he doesn't win the big one for us in the next 2 years......Would you be tired as a fan? Want to change it all up?

Would you advocate him going to "another" team to get his "Ring?"

I'm like this now......I only care for my Team! I don't give a **** about any other team!

Let's stop wasting our time and efforts, and simply ......WIN!

Nobody on that team is bigger than the team itself! And I'm tired (extremely) of the waiting game! I just don't see us winning anymore with him.

All I heard before the season is Money, Money, Money......I knew we we're gunna suffer!

When he goes, and he will go one day.....I see him going to Bears, Philly or Pats. Maybe Steelers.

He is one of the "Most" neediest QB I've ever seen! We can't blame everyone around him, but him! That's getting old!!

And yes, he'll want more money in a few years......we gunna pay him? I hope not! I'd rather have a great Defense! Defense wins championships ...we've seen that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flying Falcon said:

We will never win a title with Ryan. NEVER.

We won't! And a Toast to you, and others that feel like this! We need a change or we'll be sitting here next year again depressed and watching Robert Tilton reruns, While ole' Matty Robot explain why he didn't "Get the freakin Job done again"  Geezus H. Christ......I'd be fired and at the unemployment office if I hung around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

We won't! And a Toast to you, and others that feel like this! We need a change or we'll be sitting here next year again depressed and watching Robert Tilton reruns, While ole' Matty Robot explain why he didn't "Get the freakin Job done again"  Geezus H. Christ......I'd be fired and at the unemployment office if I hung around him.

Exactly!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, athell said:

Nah, they are.

No there not. And you saying they are doesnt make it so. Do you know the playing span for the different positions in NFL? 

Outside of RBs, QBs have the shortest behind them. Why? Age, OL, Schemes, Violent Hits. Just check the records. 

 

Matt and Julio windows have closed. They have peaked and are on their down trends now. One, injuries have caught up to. The other, body is failing and just doenst have any gas left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

No there not. And you saying they are doesnt make it so. Do you know the playing span for the different positions in NFL? 

Outside of RBs, QBs have the shortest behind them. Why? Age, OL, Schemes, Violent Hits. Just check the records. 

 

Matt and Julio windows have closed. They have peaked and are on their down trends now. One, injuries have caught up to. The other, body is failing and just doenst have any gas left.

Yes.  They are.  And you saying they aren't doesn't make it so.

Some of y'all need to find a new team.  Your brains are broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, athell said:

What are you basing this on?

Watching their performances and knowing athletes and the playing span of them.

Here's alittle info. We like to say Julio is a beast (in which he is) and compare him or his body to the likes of T.O. because of his workout. Well, do you know how many injuries T.O. suffered in his career? And how many had Julio suffered? Striking difference, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Watching their performances and knowing athletes and the playing span of them

Specifics.  I want specifics.  Plays from games that showed you that the current iterations of these players failed where a younger iteration would not have.

Be very specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, athell said:

Specifics.  I want specifics.  Plays from games that showed you that the current iterations of these players failed where a younger iteration would not have.

Be very specific.

The last 8-9 games, Julio has shown me that he cant out run some DBs anymore. He has lost his "Burst" to shift into another gear. That's usually the 1st to go with a WR with speed. Like an old race car that shift into another gear, but all it does now is make noise but dont produce anymore power to pull away.

Same thing happened to Roddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

The last 8-9 games, Julio has shown me that he cant out run some DBs anymore. He has lost his "Burst" to shift into another gear. That's usually the 1st to go with a WR with speed. Like an old race car that shift into another gear, but all it does now is make noise but dont produce anymore power to pull away.

CF-ME2-XIAAOb-3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of Julio Jones biggest fans and defenders on this board.  At this point, even I feel like the Falcons should move on from their big contracts and start that thing over from scratch.  If I can move on from Julio, then Fans of Ryan should be able to move on from Ryan.  The Falcons had their Superbowl championship and lost it.  They are not going back with this crew.  Tear it down and build the team the correct way in the trenchs, up the middle on defense,  bring in a rookie quarterback they don't have to pay anytime soon, etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

The last 8-9 games, Julio has shown me that he cant out run some DBs anymore. He has lost his "Burst" to shift into another gear. That's usually the 1st to go with a WR with speed. Like an old race car that shift into another gear, but all it does now is make noise but dont produce anymore power to pull away.

Same thing happened to Roddy.

 

Image result for backfire car gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...