Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
texasfalconfan

We are stuck with matt Ryan and Julio Jones until 2023

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Cutting 5 players to free up cap space to sign  5 replacements?

If we would trade back in the draft and pick up extra picks we could easily replace them with low cap starters. My point about TD is he trades away valuable picks to move up to get players that every draft expert out there has ranked way lower. Ideally we could trade back and pick up 2 or 3 extra players on rookie contracts. Then when they get to free agency make a favorable deal or trade them for more draft picks and more rookie contracts. That’s how you keep yourself out of cap trouble, and New England has been doing it for years

3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Wait... Decline?!?? Lmao. Neither of them has declined, the team they are on has fell off a cliff, but not them. 

Even though i was totally against giving Julio that contract and still believe it was a huge mistake.  Being stuck with two great players isn't a bad thing . It's done now, live with it. We just have to build our team different or try.

Great players sure, but worth 46mil a year, no way

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

If we would trade back in the draft and pick up extra picks we could easily replace them with low cap starters. My point about TD is he trades away valuable picks to move up to get players that every draft expert out there has ranked way lower. Ideally we could trade back and pick up 2 or 3 extra players on rookie contracts. Then when they get to free agency make a favorable deal or trade them for more draft picks and more rookie contracts. That’s how you keep yourself out of cap trouble, and New England has been doing it for years

New England also has great coaching. I don't get why you folks love to bring up New England all the time as if there's really a comparison. This scenario would be horrible unless coaching improves

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

New England also has great coaching. I don't get why you folks love to bring up New England all the time as if there's really a comparison. This scenario would be horrible unless coaching improves

The nfl is a copy cat league. Why not copy cat the winningest team in history when it comes to team building.

Matt Ryan won't have a drop-off, he can probably play at a high level until 40. But Julio, I can see having a Roddy White type dropoff next year or the year after. That's why I like the Patriots / Belichick way. Don't fall in love with your players, be cutthroat.

28 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

I’m not saying they weren’t great players. My argument is that they are starting to decline. Julio is always injured in some way usually his foot but I think his shoulder is messed up now. And Ryan does not have the killer instinct of a brees, wilson, or brady. He is more of a Phillip rivers, Great regular season stats  but when the game is on the line he chokes. And we’re stuck paying what 46 million or more for the two of them. We can’t build a team around them because we have no cap left and these two are the reason. 

Lol!

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

The nfl is a copy cat league. Why not copy cat the winningest team in history when it comes to team building.

There is no comparison. There's not a single coach in the league that can duplicate BB. If there was we would have seen it by now. 

15 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

I was looking at over the cap and saw that there is no way we can afford the dead money from either matt Ryan or Julio Jones either trading or cutting until 2023. When AB said they would be falcons forever he wasn’t lying. My thing is however they are already starting to decline now and we have three more years of them. Anyone thinking about a new start with a tua or a burrow, or even a Herbert can forget about no way we bench a 30 million dollar man to give some youth  chance.

On a different note. This is why I think TD should be fired too. Why would any GM let themselves get stuck with such crazy contracts. Get into our current cap situation. Not to mention his, always reaching for players that can be had later. Trading up unnecessarily giving up valuable picks on players with lower contracts forcing us to pay higher ones with free agents and never having the depth we need to overcome Injuries. 

Anything can happen yes. But you said TD FIRED.  100 LIKES

I would say that having them around for 3-4 more years ALONE won’t guarantee a title. It’s a chunk of kaep space but a talented and creative GM and an owner not wanting to reward for past performance (FFL) would be able to work around it. Yeah, these two are all-time greats but most likely nearing the end of the contracts we might wish we were done with them. Especially JJ. He is valuable but not at the expense of having the basic building blocks (defensive front 7, running game). It’s like having Ferraris but not being able to afford the gas. 

2 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

I would say that having them around for 3-4 more years ALONE won’t guarantee a title. It’s a chunk of kaep space but a talented and creative GM and an owner not wanting to reward for past performance (FFL) would be able to work around it. Yeah, these two are all-time greats but most likely nearing the end of the contracts we might wish we were done with them. Especially JJ. He is valuable but not at the expense of having the basic building blocks (defensive front 7, running game). It’s like having Ferraris but not being able to afford the gas. 

Something tells me we'll have jones longer than Ryan. I could see him bolting for a Northern team in the name of Money.

Wouldn't shock me.

14 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Something tells me we'll have jones longer than Ryan. I could see him bolting for a Northern team in the name of Money.

Wouldn't shock me.

Well I guess $30 million isn’t enough. Smh. Not arguing with you, just in disbelief of the money being tossed around. 

54 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Wouldn't shock me.

How is he bolting, still being under contract for many more seasons?

What Ryan has ever done to lead anyone to believe he would hold the team hostage is beyond me. Argue all you want how good he still is or isn’t, but he has shown to be nothing short of a stand up player/person since the day he was drafted.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

How is he bolting, still being under contract for many more seasons?

What Ryan has ever done to lead anyone to believe he would hold the team hostage is beyond me. Argue all you want how good he still is or isn’t, but he has shown to be nothing short of a stand up player/person since the day he was drafted.

Never said he wasn't stand up. I've always liked him! But if you don't think this league is money driven....Don't know what to say. I'm tired of defending him personally. Please, I'm tired of hearing about our offensive line.....I bet Rodgers could play behind it. Vick, Jackson...Lexington Steele.

Yes.(breathing hard)....I'm Darth Pappy Falcon now 

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*

20 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

Plenty of teams have tried, which is why we have TD, and why so many people get plucked from the BB tree...but there is obviously only 1 BB.

11 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Never said he wasn't stand up. I've always liked him! But if you don't think this league is money driven....Don't know what to say. I'm tired of defending him personally. Please, I'm tired of hearing about our offensive line.....I bet Rodgers could play behind it. Vick, Jackson...Lexington Steele.

Yes.(breathing hard)....I'm Darth Pappy Falcon now 

Vick tried and did far less than Ryan. I often wonder how another QB would play on this team for the sake of comparison.

that though has no relevance on saying he will bolt for more money, when he is under contract and never done anything to lead you to believe he would.