• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gmen dont need a QB.

Did Daniel Jones get kidnapped?

And what magical fairy comes and takes away the $45M cap hit???

37 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

problem is the draft lacks good des. Going to have to get those in FA. 

There are 3-4 I like in round one...not overly familiar with the depth at the position though. Depending who is speaking, you hear of top 10 possibilities for Young (obviously), Epenesa and Gross-Matos. YGM as a top 10 candidate surprised me, but they discussed in The  OSU-PSU pregame, and said coaches love his hustle, motor and measurables and some think he could be a top 10 pick. As a PSU fan I thought he was more a 20-40 range pick, but who knows...

most drafts push out a handful of good ones, we just need to finally land one!

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

This is the right year to trade down,

Pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. Go Center in the first (Tyler Biadasz), go Lber in the second (Kenneth Murray), and Rb with the extra seconds (Keshawn Vaugn), and Kristian Fulton (Cb). This isn't the year to take another DE as those are crap after Young and Epenesa are gone. Take DE in FA.  

blech.

This is how you end up w/ a bunch of draft picks and hopes but no fulfillment.   More picks isn't always better - tons of times it is worse - the above would be a good example.

Falcons likley have the following picks in the top 100:

#7, #39, #63, #71 - there are 4 starters right there and #7 and #39 could be impact players and #7 could be an anchor player.   Falcons need another anchor player on defense - dont' trade it for two mediocre starters.  If you want to get cute with #63 or #71 and trade down for more lottery tickets, then fine but leave those two early picks alone.

6 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

As of now we have the 6th pick. Cincy, GMen are 1 and 2 in need of a new QB. Washington has Haskins and if they decide to ride the Haskins train I’m sure this is where Chase Young  goes.

I’m sure we are gonna win at least 1 more game. So this won’t matter but the redskins play the g men so someone has to win that game. Also the g men play the dolphins. And the dolphins play the bengals, g men, and the jets again. So someone in this mix will end up with 4 wins.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Falcons always a day late and two or three picks short. <_<

Missed Khalil Mack by one spot but coulda drafted Aaron Donald there - Falcons coaching staff had Donald for a week at Senior Bowl where he impressed - but locked themselves into LT spot with blinders on.

5 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

I’m sure we are gonna win at least 1 more game. So this won’t matter but the redskins play the g men so someone has to win that game. Also the g men play the dolphins. And the dolphins play the bengals, g men, and the jets again. So someone in this mix will end up with 4 wins.

Believe Falcons have toughest SOS of all the bad teams so we will have worst draft position of any team we are tied with for same record - unfortunately.

Agree Falcons win at least one more game and most likely will be the Jacksonville game.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I remember at the time the conventional wisdom is Falcons had to take a LT because didn’t have legit one on roster - and maybe that is defensible.

However, I would say this - when you see a player that just looks super special - maybe you just bite the bullet and do it.   I know it is easy to say this now - both Mack and Donald had that “it” quality with no red flags off-field and warrior mentality on it.

Don’t ever wanna pass on a player that I would be that excited about if I was a GM.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I remember at the time the conventional wisdom is Falcons had to take a LT because didn’t have legit one on roster - and maybe that is defensible.

However, I would say this - when you see a player that just looks super special - maybe you just bite the bullet and do it.   I know it is easy to say this now - both Mack and Donald had that “it” quality with no red flags off-field and warrior mentality on it.

Don’t ever wanna pass on a player that I would be that excited about if I was a GM.

Agree 100 percent. You have to pick the guy with the "it" factor. Every time.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Believe Falcons have toughest SOS of all the bad teams so we will have worst draft position of any team we are tied with for same record - unfortunately.

Agree Falcons win at least one more game and most likely will be the Jacksonville game.

That would be the worst one because the way I see it in order to stay at 6 we need Detroit, Jax, ari, jets, and tb to win at least one more game. 

Detroits best bet is against den

Jax  plays us and tb. 

The jets play Mia again

Ari best chance will be against cle, or Pitt so they may not win again.

3 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

That would be the worst one because the way I see it in order to stay at 6 we need Detroit, Jax, ari, jets, and tb to win at least one more game. 

Detroits best bet is against den

Jax  plays us and tb. 

The jets play Mia again

Ari best chance will be against cle, or Pitt so they may not win again.

Jets have won three straight already so they are on a mini-roll and have Miami again - Arizona has like 4 home games left and Cleveland is terrible.   Kyler Murray will win at least one more game - and Falcons already have a half-game lead on Arizona.

So I see both Jets and Cards behind Atlanta for those reasons.

6 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree 100 percent. You have to pick the guy with the "it" factor. Every time.

shout out to @Psychic Gibbon who (I don't agree w/ him on much - LOL) but he was on Aaron Donald like white on rice - back when everyone wanted to draft Donald in 2nd round, PG said he was a top 20 player - when everyone wanted to trade backup into 1st round to draft Donald (after good Senior Bowl and Combine) - PG said "take him at #6". 

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

shout out to @Psychic Gibbon who (I don't agree w/ him on much - LOL) but he was on Aaron Donald like white on rice - back when everyone wanted to draft Donald in 2nd round, PG said he was a top 20 player - when everyone wanted to trade backup into 1st round to draft Donald (after good Senior Bowl and Combine) - PG said "take him at #6". 

Yep. He and I are also mostly on opposite sides of the fense, but props to him on wanting to draft Donald. He nailed it.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

blech.

This is how you end up w/ a bunch of draft picks and hopes but no fulfillment.   More picks isn't always better - tons of times it is worse - the above would be a good example.

Falcons likley have the following picks in the top 100:

#7, #39, #63, #71 - there are 4 starters right there and #7 and #39 could be impact players and #7 could be an anchor player.   Falcons need another anchor player on defense - dont' trade it for two mediocre starters.  If you want to get cute with #63 or #71 and trade down for more lottery tickets, then fine but leave those two early picks alone.

Its highly unlikely to get 4 starters from a draft, but even so you can still trade down and get a starter. We can still trade down from #7 and end up with the best center in the draft, a Kamara like RB, a great LBer, and a good cb. That's actually a really good haul. 

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

There are 3-4 I like in round one...not overly familiar with the depth at the position though. Depending who is speaking, you hear of top 10 possibilities for Young (obviously), Epenesa and Gross-Matos. YGM as a top 10 candidate surprised me, but they discussed in The  OSU-PSU pregame, and said coaches love his hustle, motor and measurables and some think he could be a top 10 pick. As a PSU fan I thought he was more a 20-40 range pick, but who knows...

most drafts push out a handful of good ones, we just need to finally land one!

Gross Matos doesn't scream like a great pick, and doesn't fit our scheme. he is a 3-4 outside LBer and IMO we need to be done running the 34. It doesn't suit the players we have. 

6 hours ago, octoslash said:

Forget Young.  He's already too rich for our blood, and we need more than one hotshot d lineman to fix this team.  

Over the next two drafts we're going to need a left tackle, guard, a center (maybe you could move Lindstrom over but then that spot would still need filling), safety, linebacker, running back.  I sure never thought we'd be so weak at linebacker this soon, but here we are. 

I mean, this is not a one-draft fixit scenario.  This is a team with holes in every area.  

The Saints went from 7-9 to winning the Kamara draft. It can absolutely be done if we have another 2016 draft. Offense has playmakers. Just have to get the same for defense.

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Its highly unlikely to get 4 starters from a draft, but even so you can still trade down and get a starter. We can still trade down from #7 and end up with the best center in the draft, a Kamara like RB, a great LBer, and a good cb. That's actually a really good haul. 

If Falcons could draft DERRICK BROWN at #7 and we trade down and take a Center (Tyler Bidawz- sp?) or a CB (Kristian Fulton) I will be highly perturbed.

9 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Gross Matos doesn't scream like a great pick, and doesn't fit our scheme. he is a 3-4 outside LBer and IMO we need to be done running the 34. It doesn't suit the players we have. 

Gross Matos is 265lbs NOW and could easily carry 275 while growing and getting stronger - he is/will be a true 4-3 DE.   Disagree w/ your assessment.

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

We absolutely have to address DT, DE, iOL, and Seconday with our first four picks. Grab Clyde Edwards-Helaire in the fourth. 

Dobbins in the second would be VERY enticing. Dude would immediately fix our run game. Would only do it if we got a defensive playmaker with our 1st. 

14 minutes ago, stizz said:

Dobbins in the second would be VERY enticing. Dude would immediately fix our run game. Would only do it if we got a defensive playmaker with our 1st. 

I love Dobbins, but I feel like our interior OL needs improvement before we can touch RB. If we address OG in Free Agency, I’m totally for it. They just struggle to create openings. This is a great RB class as well.