Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JG2008

After 2 weeks of euphoria the Falcons come crashing back down to reality at home VS Tampa Bay

33 posts in this topic

After 2 weeks of euphoria the Falcons come crashing back down to reality at home VS Tampa Bay

Our O-line looked horribly outmatched VS Tampa’s D-Line

Where did the Falcons pass rush go? 
we got no pressure on Tampa’s QB all day

1 Bright Spot was Calvin Ridley but rest of the offense looked pretty bad for most of the game

Just when we thought the new coaching tweaks had resurrected the Falcons and we were going to see good dominating football the rest of the season—the Falcons let us down big at home and show that they clearly have a long way to go to being a consistently good team

it was very disappointing to see this team play so bad at home against the Bucs considering how well we played the last 2 games  

Edited by JG2008

I stopped watching in the 2nd quarter cause the tendencies of the past few weeks were there. Glad I did. As soon as teams got some level of the adjustments on film we were going to be back to what we were. Quinn finger prints are all over this game. Hopefully he goes away soon. 

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

and yet again here nothing about Ryan slow lethargic *** gets mentioned

You're really going in on Ryan today. While I don't highly regard him like many on this board (some overly defend him imho), he is a top QB in this league. You have to give it to Tampa. They came out with a great game plan to attack Ryan. The way they did it is the way you defeat Ryan. It is Koetter's job to anticipate what Tampa's game plan will be and counter that (chess vs. checkers). Come game time, make adjustments along the way based on what they're doing. That doesn't seem like that happened today. I can tell Tampa got to Ryan because he was not seeing wide open receivers due to the pressure (or even when not pressured). Consistent pressure on the QB gets in the QB's head. At that point, it's a mental thing. . . .

2 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

You're really going in on Ryan today. While I don't highly regard him like many on this board (some overly defend him imho), he is a top QB in this league. You have to give it to Tampa. They came out with a great game plan to attack Ryan. The way they did it is the way you defeat Ryan. It is Koetter's job to anticipate what Tampa's game plan will be and counter that (chess vs. checkers). Come game time, make adjustments along the way based on what they're doing. That doesn't seem like that happened today. I can tell Tampa got to Ryan because he was not seeing wide open receivers due to the pressure (or even when not pressured). Consistent pressure on the QB gets in the QB's head. At that point, it's a mental thing. . . .

great points but he struggled today from first red zone possession and on! can you imagine if we score td off that to

Halcon-1 likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan needs protection to execute. The offensive line was atrocious today 

ryan needs an a all pro offense. ryan at some point has to be a leader and get out of plays and into them

Just now, UGABOZ said:

ryan needs an a all pro offense. ryan at some point has to be a leader and get out of plays and into them

He doesn’t need an all pro offense. And he’s physically unable to be a playmaker. And that isn’t because of age. That’s never been his game. He needs pass protection, that’s about it. 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He doesn’t need an all pro offense. And he’s physically unable to be a playmaker. And that isn’t because of age. That’s never been his game. He needs pass protection, that’s about it. 

matt has had all pro skill guys his whole career. put him in an avg offense he is marcus marroita

22 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

and yet again here nothing about Ryan slow lethargic *** gets 

Yeah cuz Ryan is why we got stomped into the ground today SMH.

If you want to bash Ryan, just go start your own Ryan bash thread.

Rings likes this

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Yeah cuz Ryan is why we got stomped into the ground today SMH.

If you want to bash Ryan, just go start your own Ryan bash thread.

He’s started plenty of threads today. Each thread had about one to two words each 

30 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

And nothing about the OL play or lack of lane discipline in the pass rush?  It got to a point I cringed every time Ryan dropped back...wondering if he'd get hurt.

octoslash and Halcon-1 like this

What really concerns me is the lack of development or gel in the OL ...  we invested heavy in the OL this offseason and still 10 games into the season we are still same as last year...

Schwarzwald likes this

looking at the falcons today, all I could think about is the song send in the clowns, all this so called investment in the offensive line yet we looked like an overdominated high school wrestler getting his face continually grinnded in the mat while being chickenwinged, on defense all I saw was good ole grady jarret. we should shoot for moral victories against the saints & sanfran but sit matt & maybe rest julio the rest of the season and seriously spend the rest of the season to evaluate the talent we have on the bench.

Kaleb looked awful today. Hoping by next season he comes around  and hopefully getting lindstrom back before the end of the year we can see how bad we are exactly before the Draft/FA

12 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

What really concerns me is the lack of development or gel in the OL ...  we invested heavy in the OL this offseason and still 10 games into the season we are still same as last year...

New coaching staff will go a long way towards fixing that.

Schwarzwald likes this

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan needs protection to execute. The offensive line was atrocious today 

Any pure pocket QB will need a better OL than today and/or OC that can compensate. Ryan can make some plays and some bad OLs look good; like 2018, but he can't cover 1) no run game 2) constant pressure and 3) inept play-caller all at once.

Dirk makes Sark looks like Kyle.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Any pure pocket QB will need a better OL than today and/or OC that can compensate. Ryan can make some plays and some bad OLs look good; like 2018, but he can't cover 1) no run game 2) constant pressure) and 3) inept play-caller.

Dirk makes Sark looks like Kyle.

Yea. Protection OR strong running game and Ryan can be deadly 

Schwarzwald and THEHEADCOACH like this

1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

Half the battle is getting Lindstrom back and McGary up to speed. Kaleb was set back basically all preseason; as 40 snaps in final preseason game was almost meaningless. Imagine if our right side rookies had not had injury setbacks...Brown or Carp would be battling at LG...but even still Matthews looks worse in Koetter's offense. His rookie season was bad and so far this year? His play is trending like that season. Think about it. Dude hasn't looked this bad since being a rookie.

Kyle's style of offense; even if not truly WC, and even Sark's WC made more guys look better than just the QB. Funny how that all relates when you have the right scheme for your personnel. Or the right playcaller...

gazoo likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea. Protection OR strong running game and Ryan can be deadly 

Titans game this year. We had good protection. Ryan had time. We had no one open. I knew the season was doomed right then. We've been laying turds at home.

Ryan's best games have been:

AT IND

AT HOU

AT ARI

MBS is basically a neutral field that demoralizes this team or something else...

JD dirtybird21 likes this

2 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

Nothing here about unicorns either. 

2 hours ago, JG2008 said:

Our O-line looked horribly outmatched VS Tampa’s D-Line

Where did the Falcons pass rush go? 
we got no pressure on Tampa’s QB all day

1 Bright Spot was Calvin Ridley but rest of the offense looked pretty bad for most of the game

Just when we thought the new coaching tweaks had resurrected the Falcons and we were going to see good dominating football the rest of the season—the Falcons let us down big at home and show that they clearly have a long way to go to being a consistently good team

it was very disappointing to see this team play so bad at home against the Bucs considering how well we played the last 2 games  

Yeah, the sugar high was fleeting, really disappointing to think we have to make wholesale coaching changes again.

Schwarzwald likes this