ike barn87987

Falcons looked at as a spoiler team

45 posts in this topic

Current record: 3-7

2019 record vs. winning teams: 1-5

Number of upcoming winning opponents: 2

So, this team could be a real problem. During the Falcons’ Week 9 bye, Falcons head coach Dan Quinn made some changes to his defensive coaching staff, assigning first- and second-down defense to linebackers coach Jeff Ulbrich, and third-down defense to assistant head coach/defensive backs coach Raheem Morris. Before this move, Atlanta ranked 28th in the NFL in points allowed and 25th in total touchdowns allowed. The Falcons also were dead last in interceptions, and they had just eight sacks in eight games. Since the move, Atlanta ran over the Saints and Panthers by a combined score of 55-6. In that span, they haven’t allowed a touchdown, they’ve picked off four passes, added 11 sacks to their team total, and both of those wins are on the road.

It’s probably too late for the Falcons to do anything nearing a postseason run, but they have the Saints, Panthers, and 49ers before the season is over, and right now, this looks like a defense that could ruin a lot of hoped-for playoff seeds.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/11/22/the-spoiler-index-which-teams-with-losing-records-can-most-affect-the-playoff-race/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Emmitt likes this

In order for the Falcons to make the playoffs

1. They can’t lose another game 

2.  The Saints, Vikings, Seahawks, or 49ers would need to suffer complete collapses.  

Out of those teams the most wiggle room is the Saints.  If they win 2 games it’s over.  Any of the other teams win a game and it’s over.

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

In order for the Falcons to make the playoffs

1. They can’t lose another game 

2.  The Saints, Vikings, Seahawks, or 49ers would need to suffer complete collapses.  

Out of those teams the most wiggle room is the Saints.  If they win 2 games it’s over.  Any of the other teams win a game and it’s over.

Probably not going to happen but the 49ers could lose out.

vs Packers

at Ravens

at Saints

vs Falcons

vs Rams

at Seahawks

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

So, basically the Falcons are Randy Orton and everyone who plays us better be wary or get RKO'd.

always go  with the real thing

1 minute ago, vel said:

I'm actually not even concerned about the playoffs. If they end up 8-8, that'd be f*ckin crazy. Two weeks ago, I was more concerned about playing fetch with my pup during the games. Now I'm actually excited about them again. 

This is exactly where I am. The team is fun to watch again and doesn't make me dread Sunday afternoons anymore. 

The Saints would have to have an historic collapse, lose all but 2 and the Falcons would have to win out to win the Division at 9-7.

Stranger things have happened

Halcon-1, vel and arrogantBEAST like this

10 minutes ago, vel said:

I'm actually not even concerned about the playoffs. If they end up 8-8, that'd be f*ckin crazy. Two weeks ago, I was more concerned about playing fetch with my pup during the games. Now I'm actually excited about them again. 

Yea at this point im just interested in the improvements they can make through the end of the season. They dont control their destiny so it really does not matter. 

vel, Halcon-1 and kiwifalcon like this

35 minutes ago, Cole World said:

vs Packers

at Ravens

at Saints

vs Falcons

vs Rams

at Seahawks

Wouldn't that be FUN!!!  Payback for those plays Shanny called in our SB loss? 

Cole World and Wardog357 like this

13 minutes ago, Statick said:

So, basically the Falcons are Randy Orton and everyone who plays us better be wary or get RKO'd.

Were are more like Big E Langston. Bum wrestler on his own, but amazing sidekick who will throw a wrench in someone else's plans.

Statick likes this

37 minutes ago, Cole World said:

vs Packers

at Ravens

at Saints

vs Falcons

vs Rams

at Seahawks

They could lose a few but I predict they tear the Pack a new A-hole Sunday night.  Green Bay doesn't impress me against quality opponents...not a bit. 

21 minutes ago, vel said:

You can start doing the Previews again...sweet!!!!

vel, ATLskinjob and PokerSteve like this

17 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Yea at this point im just interested in the improvements they can make through the end of the season. They dont control their destiny so it really does not matter. 

I’m with this train of thought also just control what we can control see the team put its best foot forward and see where it ends up.

33 minutes ago, Statick said:

#outtanowhere

56 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

always go  with the real thing

Diamond Dallas Paige would like a word with this gentleman...

43 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’m pretty sure the Eagles, Saints & Panthers all had winning records when we played them.  But I digress

Perhaps they meant before the bye?

3 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Randy actually was given the move by DDP

Really???  Well okay then.  Carry on.