Spts1

1978 Atlanta Falcons trading card

33 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, Refried Beans said:

I got a beer bottle signed by Rankin Smith from Maloof's Tavern off of Memorial Drive. Manual Maloof plast from the past. Old Art Blank gotta remember the joint his 1st Home Depot was up the street across from the Dekalb County Jail in an old Tresure Island building. Back when Memorial Drive was the place and Central Dekalb (CD)  football reigned supreme, old Falcons receiver Terrance Mathis played his high school ball for Redan Raiders out of Memorial Stadium off Memorial Drive where Terrnce was the QB. 

Oh wow! I love this piece of history! I love hearing about the past.

On 11/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, SirCzah said:

That signature definitely diminishes the value.  :D

Mark off Rankin and write Mike on it. You will get more ri$e up out of it. Then again, it could be like the camouflage condom bully, you might never see it coming 

On 11/22/2019 at 2:31 AM, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

How much are Eugene Robinson's auto going for now?

bout tree-fiddy in Monopoly money.  :lol:

On 11/23/2019 at 2:09 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

H ow old are.your boys?

38 years old ,, I'm 62 ,, My identical twin  boys are 38 and my youngest son is 35,, he is the one who likes to dig history with me. WE metal detect for Civil War relics,, Been digging for 40 years... Friday I found an Eagle I button and a rare Bullet and a couple of 58 cal.. Mini Balls dropped which means , not shot. Drops .. I probably have over 200 lbs of Dropped bullets , not shot. 

On 11/22/2019 at 8:13 AM, Refried Beans said:

Octo- I played for Central Dekalb Cardinals. Practice fields used to be back behind the Starvin Marin and the games were played over by Clarkston.  We used to play the Sandy Springs Saints and the North Atlanta Colts, Redan Red Raiders and the Stone Mountain Pirates. Great times. Had a Turtles right there on corner of Memorial Drive used to go buy Cassette Tapes. Memorial Drive was the place to be. 

You're talking the old GYFC. I played for the NE Mustangs. Had some tough battles against the SS Saints, but man, we HATED the Atlanta Colts. Finally beat them once.