Refried Beans

Tampa Bay Going to be Tough Game

77 posts in this topic

I’m a Bama fan. Even there I see every game as one that we can lose or win. That’s why the game has to be played. You can’t predict a game. The ball bounces, 22 different personalities with different lives, and injuries kept in the complete dark. Games are unpredictable.

We don’t like mantras and old fashioned outlooks anymore. Now all of these magical numbers are in use, but I still look at football as football. It’s how you play the game. Not my preferences or stats or anything. This game is as winnable as any and as easy to lose as any, but if this team leaves it all on the field then we’ve won no matter the score or outcome.

Stop thinking it boils down to personnel, staff, plays called, stats, metrics, and over/unders made for gambling and Fantasy Football. It boils down to the game. Can we get out there and play with controlled intensity, or do we give up when adversity strikes? That’s the only question in football.

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’m a Bama fan. Even there I see every game as one that we can lose or win. That’s why the game has to be played. You can’t predict a game. The ball bounces, 22 different personalities with different lives, and injuries kept in the complete dark. Games are unpredictable.

We don’t like mantras and old fashioned outlooks anymore. Now all of these magical numbers are in use, but I still look at football as football. It’s how you play the game. Not my preferences or stats or anything. This game is as winnable as any and as easy to lose as any, but if this team leaves it all on the field then we’ve won no matter the score or outcome.

Stop thinking it boils down to personnel, staff, plays called, stats, metrics, and over/unders made for gambling and Fantasy Football. It boils down to the game. Can we get out there and play with controlled intensity, or do we give up when adversity strikes? That’s the only question in football.

Knight, you also remember in the 80's and early 90's......" Dang they lost, But they got my respect! "  That phrase was thrown around a bunch back then.

We're too 24/7, commercialized and watered down from those times. I miss that Football man! But it would hurt people's "Feelings" if we played like that Today.

I promise all of yall on the board......even the losers back then we're wayyyyy tougher than teams of Today.  Guess what also.....wayyyyy less injuries unlike today.

Vandy and Knight of God like this

13 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Knight, you also remember in the 80's and early 90's......" Dang they lost, But they got my respect! "  That phrase was thrown around a bunch back then.

We're too 24/7, commercialized and watered down from those times. I miss that Football man! But it would hurt people's "Feelings" if we played like that Today.

I promise all of yall on the board......even the losers back then we're wayyyyy tougher than teams of Today.  Guess what also.....wayyyyy less injuries unlike today.

Facts!!!

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

11 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

^  ^  ^ Agree  ^ ^ ^     What has changed?  Why are teams less tougher?  Anyone ?

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

36 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

If the same Falcons defense shows up at MB tomorrow, the Bucs are going to have a bad day. Falcons 27 - Bucs 13

If Matt can connect to Julio early in the game and get out front with points they won't have to look back. Bucs will fold like a lawn chair playing in MB.

13 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Probably because the athletes of today are way way way more athletic than back then.  Overall much stronger, faster, ie more strain on joints and ligaments which results in more injuries.

Players of old were big ole bear men, now we have de's running 4.4 40s and benching more than they did back then.  Sure you had some freaks back then but those freaks are now the norm and the freaks of today are out of this world freaks.

Vandy likes this

2015: 

Bucs 23 vs Falcons 20 (home)

Bucs 23 vs Falcons 19 (road)

2016:

Bucs 31 vs Falcons 24 (home)

Falcons 43 vs Bucs 28 (road; Thursday night)

2017: 

Falcons 24 vs Bucs 21 (road; Monday Night)

2018:

Falcons 34 vs Bucs 29 (home)

Falcons 34 vs Bucs 32 (road)

I’ve just listed all of our games against Jameis Winston. For some reason Jameis Winston plays his best games against the Falcons. IDK why. We lost the first 3 to Jameis Winston, and now we’ve won the last 4 against Jameis Winston (home game in 2017 was against a backup). But our last 3 wins were nail biters. Let’s not act like this won’t be a tough game for us, despite our last 2 performances on the road vs the Saints and Panthers.

21 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Bump

Knight of God likes this

Honestly, I'm just at the point where I know we aren't going to the postseason, so I'm just enjoying every game.  If the Falcons play well, great.  If they don't, I'll go find something else to do.

I'm actually enjoying it, but I also can't wait for next season.

Vandy likes this

15 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

^  ^  ^ Agree  ^ ^ ^     What has changed?  Why are teams less tougher?  Anyone ?

Big Dog, I'll take a shot at it. I believe rule changes, Technology and overly safe conditions are a part of it. I also believe off the field lifestyle, is a lot different from back in the day. They weren't on computers, phones, gaming systems,TV like today.

If anything, they were partying when they could, But i believe in my heart, a lot more focused on the game. Hated certain teams, payback was always a bioootchhhh for a lot of games.

That was the sole Job!!! Be ready every dang game!!! More working out, and  my honest belief .....CARED MORE!!!!

Big_Dog likes this

12 hours ago, athell said:

Probably because the athletes of today are way way way more athletic than back then.  Overall much stronger, faster, ie more strain on joints and ligaments which results in more injuries.

Players of old were big ole bear men, now we have de's running 4.4 40s and benching more than they did back then.  Sure you had some freaks back then but those freaks are now the norm and the freaks of today are out of this world freaks.

I see what you mean, but I gotta disagree on some. Who's Lawrence Taylor, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Ronnie Lott, Mark Bavarro , Deion Sanders, Joe Green, John Elway....you know this list could go on and on........I haven't seen that power, speed, SMARTS, Loyalty in this league yet.

If I had Dan Marino on the Buffalo Bills from the 90's......They'd win every super Bowl 10 years straight!  These are the LOSERS from then.

Yes, we had freaks..........That will never, ever be matched in this NFL.

On 11/21/2019 at 0:25 PM, vel said:

Falcons will lose this one if they start looking forward to the Thanksgiving game. The Bucs can score points. They better focus on this game. 

Slight benefit of Koetter probably hammering this game home for ‘revenge’

Edited by Wjcorner

3 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Big Dog, I'll take a shot at it. I believe rule changes, Technology and overly safe conditions are a part of it. I also believe off the field lifestyle, is a lot different from back in the day. They weren't on computers, phones, gaming systems,TV like today.

If anything, they were partying when they could, But i believe in my heart, a lot more focused on the game. Hated certain teams, payback was always a bioootchhhh for a lot of games.

That was the sole Job!!! Be ready every dang game!!! More working out, and  my honest belief .....CARED MORE!!!!

Makes good sense, thnx.

6 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

I see what you mean, but I gotta disagree on some. Who's Lawrence Taylor, Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Ronnie Lott, Mark Bavarro , Deion Sanders, Joe Green, John Elway....you know this list could go on and on........I haven't seen that power, speed, SMARTS, Loyalty in this league yet.

If I had Dan Marino on the Buffalo Bills from the 90's......They'd win every super Bowl 10 years straight!  These are the LOSERS from then.

Yes, we had freaks..........That will never, ever be matched in this NFL.

That's my point tho, those guys stood out in the league because they were head and shoulders above everyone else due to their athleticism AND skill.  Now, those guys are everywhere in the league with that athleticism and then some.

I'm not talking football skill either, just talking raw athleticism and how it correlates to injury.  The human body is not designed to be under the constant strain, force, torque etc. these guys put it under on a daily basis.  That's why we see more hammies, acl's, achilles, etc than the guys of old who a lot of which look like they were running and cutting in mud compared to the players of today.

I believe we will win OR lose by 20+ points.

If Winston throws 3 or more picks, we wipe the floor with them.

If Winston throws 3 or more touchdowns without turnovers, then they can big-play us to death.

I don't see it as close either way.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:16 PM, Knight of God said:

Now this is a great post!!! You sound like an old school NFL head coach telling his team like it is before a game. . . . 

Knight of God likes this

Anyone who thought that we were going to come out and dominate the Bucs need to get their heads examined , Bucs are always playing hard 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:26 AM, falcons007 said:

I wouldn’t call owned. Very close wins with Winston as QB. He has always given enough problems for Falcons D. 

Winston has best Rating against falcons with more TD and less Interceptions. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, falcons007 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tampa wins the game. Falcons have tendency to win big ones and lose the games they should win.

Falcons are who we thought they were, we didn’t let them off the hook.