Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

Better Call Saul season 5

14 minutes ago, Serge said:

KFC is gonna sell people old chicken and donuts at 9 PM. Our country deserves less wealth than it has.

Every time I see that commercial, all I think is that looks and sounds disgusting. Even my kids said "who would buy that?"

:shrug:

1 minute ago, notthatcool said:

I thought the Mike scene yelling at Kaylee was the worst acting I've seen in the entire BB/BCS journey.  It was like an intern shot that scene. 

But I have enjoyed the two episodes.  Glad it's back. 

It was extremely out of character for Mike but it shows the depths to which the guilt over Werner is bringing back his guilt over Mattie. He’s having an existential crisis, and looks like he’s going on a bender next week to dull the pain. We know he winds up as Gus’ cold right hand man again, but he’s not hardened enough for that role yet. 

54 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The actor that plays Lalo is so charming and menacing at the same time. It’s what Jeffrey Dean Morgan wishes Negan was. 

He's already one of my favorite characters from either show.

57 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It was extremely out of character for Mike but it shows the depths to which the guilt over Werner is bringing back his guilt over Mattie. He’s having an existential crisis, and looks like he’s going on a bender next week to dull the pain. We know he winds up as Gus’ cold right hand man again, but he’s not hardened enough for that role yet. 

Yeah, I thought that scene was beautifully done.  It hurt my soul to watch it.

23 hours ago, Carter said:

I didn’t like that scene at the mall where he got noticed and “forced” to do the line from his commercials at all. The whole scene was forced, unrealistic and lame imo. Like who the **** is going to approach a fugitive eating a sandwich in the mall and try to intimidate them and pressure them to admit who they really are? I enjoyed the rest of the episode but that part irked me.

However, taken at face value, I don’t think he changed his mind about disappearing again because he’s tired of running. Jimmy’s fight or flight response is strong. To this point, he knows when to run and when to push it. I don’t know what will happen with the Gene storyline but to me this is right up Jimmy’s alley... when he sees an angle he goes all in for it.

Also, the more I think about it the more Kim dying would feel like bad writing. In Breaking Bad, Saul doesn’t ever even reference her if I’m not mistaken. Kim has become one of the most important people to ever be in Jimmy’s life... her dying would not add anything to the Breaking Bad story or Saul’s development from the guy we see now in BCS compared to in BB. He never acts like she died in BB. Something big obviously happens with her but it does feel like it will have to ultimately be somehow connected to the Gene storyline I think.

I think she ends up with Howard.  That's what the lunch is about.  He's the reason there relationship has been on the bricks like a Josh Smith 3 point attempt since last season.

Or not.

1 hour ago, notthatcool said:

I thought the Mike scene yelling at Kaylee was the worst acting I've seen in the entire BB/BCS journey.  It was like an intern shot that scene. 

But I have enjoyed the two episodes.  Glad it's back. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

24 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, I thought that scene was beautifully done.  It hurt my soul to watch it.

Well . . . there IS no bad acting in BCS, so we are supposed to know that Mike was putting on an act.  We just don't know why yet.  Maybe he was setting things up so he would no longer be the emergency baby sitter?  Except wouldn't he have come up with a better out?  Something that would NOT involve hurting Kayla?

Just now, HolyMoses said:

Well . . . there IS no bad acting in BCS, so we are supposed to know that Mike was putting on an act.  We just don't know why yet.  Maybe he was setting things up so he would no longer be the emergency baby sitter?

I don't think he was putting on an act.  He woke up hungover, but put on his usual (for that situation) chipper grandpa face to go take care of her, and after she HOUNDED him with questions about Mattie's death, coming off of his refreshed guilt over Werner, he snapped.

12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I don't think he was putting on an act.  He woke up hungover, but put on his usual (for that situation) chipper grandpa face to go take care of her, and after she HOUNDED him with questions about Mattie's death, coming off of his refreshed guilt over Werner, he snapped.

That's my take.  He's agonizing over what he did to Werner and she kept asking about Matt and he snapped.

Just now, JDaveG said:

That's my take.  He's agonizing over what he did to Werner and she kept asking about Matt and he snapped.

Was Werner his first kill?   It's hard to keep track.  If it was, it would certainly explain the snap, even from Mike.  

But have we ever seen Mike unintentionally lose it before?

Just now, HolyMoses said:

Was Werner his first kill?   It's hard to keep track.  If it was, it would certainly explain the snap, even from Mike.  

But have we ever seen Mike unintentionally lose it before?

I don't know if it was his first kill in that capacity (obviously, he killed the guys that killed Mattie), but Werner was his friend and a family man and Gus killed him for basically being a doofus when he was almost certainly harmless.

Mike fought to save his life.  Gus overruled it.  Mike felt a responsibility to do it himself to ensure it was humane.  But it's eating at him.

Especially in light of Kaylie asking questions about Matt.  That's what was getting to him.  He's looking in real time at what losing a loved one does to someone.  And he couldn't take it.

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I wasn't talking about the meaning of the scene.  I was talking about the actual acting.  He didn't sell his look off thinking about everything and then the yelling at her.  Thought it was a sloppy scene.  It just wasn't what I have seen from these shows.    

In BB Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to a hole buried in the desert, pretending they are going to kill him. Although they are wearing hoods, Saul recognizes Walt due to his terrible cough. But before this, when Saul is panicked due to his imagined impending death, he says something to the effect of  "It wasn't me, you've got the wrong guy, it was NACHO!". I've always wondered how they were going to tie that off, it appears Gus is setting Nacho up to off Lalo Salamanca. Or perhaps that is a feint, and it will go very badly another way.....the thing I am dreading is the ugly fight that is coming with Kim.  The tension is moving around like a shadow in the woods, the dam is going to burst and it is going to be difficult to watch. Back at the Cinnabon, you have to suspect Saul is going to do something violent. Perhaps he learned a lesson about poison from Mr White?

LOVE this show. HATE that at some point as it catches the BB timeline that it will inevitably end.

56 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

In BB Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to a hole buried in the desert, pretending they are going to kill him. Although they are wearing hoods, Saul recognizes Walt due to his terrible cough. But before this, when Saul is panicked due to his imagined impending death, he says something to the effect of  "It wasn't me, you've got the wrong guy, it was NACHO!". I've always wondered how they were going to tie that off, it appears Gus is setting Nacho up to off Lalo Salamanca. Or perhaps that is a feint, and it will go very badly another way.....the thing I am dreading is the ugly fight that is coming with Kim.  The tension is moving around like a shadow in the woods, the dam is going to burst and it is going to be difficult to watch. Back at the Cinnabon, you have to suspect Saul is going to do something violent. Perhaps he learned a lesson about poison from Mr White?

LOVE this show. HATE that at some point as it catches the BB timeline that it will inevitably end.

Saul mentions both Nacho and Lalo in that scene.  They're either both still alive, or Saul thinks they are, in BB.

XSvOA6G.png