Schwarzwald

Grady Worth Every Penny

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I wasn’t a Dorsey guy, but you’re absolutely right. This place was all on that guy’s jock. 

Seems like an age ago.

I bought into the Dorsey hype.

Daron Lee > Debo

Yep been guilty of that over the years.

9 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Jarrett might be HOF when all is said and done, but yes when you factor in value I think he's arguably TD's best pick. 

Yet he hasn’t even been named a pro bowler yet.

3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I wasn’t a Dorsey guy, but you’re absolutely right. This place was all on that guy’s jock. 

I wasn't either but I wasn't thrilled with the Ryan pick. After his first regular season pass I was a little more optimistic.

thanat0s and FalconJim like this

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Yet he hasn’t even been named a pro bowler yet.

Should have gone in last year and definitely going in this year. On the trajectory he is on - if he keeps posting close to double digit sacks for the next 4/5 years he'll be in the ball park

Grady was the perfect weapon vs Aints........No Hall of fame Center to deal with. Glad that Joker retired, and I knew they would suffer for it.

Brees don't like that pressure up front...never has.

FalconJim likes this

9 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Man if we can just get one more guy that’s even close to Grady’s  talent on that Dline, we’ll be on fire.

I do like having Davison around, he’s stout .

Hash, That's what I was sayin to Ya Boi J. We'd be almost unstoppable with that up front. Would turn soo many things around on this defense in itself!!!

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Perspective needed.....

He’s a beast on the football field. Among the best at his position. But a pro athlete isnt worth millions of dollars. They deserve about $500,000 a year max. 

Edited by Skott Lee

I had Ryan as our pick that year....even before the coin flip. This franchise was hurting after Vick. I knew we'd get him.

No matter what fans think of him......I'm thankful for him.

FalconJim likes this

1 hour ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Hash, That's what I was sayin to Ya Boi J. We'd be almost unstoppable with that up front. Would turn soo many things around on this defense in itself!!!

Grady Jarrett might be the single biggest draft steal of the entire NFL.  
When we called his name I literally jumped into the air!  
Hoping to be so fortunate again this upcoming draft too. :)

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

Grady Jarrett might be the single biggest draft steal of the entire NFL.  
When we called his name I literally jumped into the air!  
Hoping to be so fortunate again this upcoming draft too. :)

Me too bubba Hash!!! We can get this right!!! Might take another season, but I ain't given up!!!!!

RING OF HONOR and HASHBROWN3 like this

Favorite play of all time was that TFL from a few years ago when before a half a team was attempting a fake FG with an odd TE end around, and he recognized it somehow(because Ive never seen that play design in my life) and slammed the TE to the ground like a rag doll.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:59 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Also, he is still #2 among all DTs for ESPN’s pass rush win rate.

No doubt!  Worth every penny!!!  Now, we need to draft somebody to compliment him on the other side ---- perhaps, Chase Young???  Or are we going to continue on this Winning Spree, and have no chance of drafting him, without giving up the bank?!?!?! 

Edited by FalconJim
RING OF HONOR likes this

15 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Perspective needed.....

He’s a beast on the football field. Among the best at his position. But a pro athlete isnt worth millions of dollars. They deserve about $500,000 a year max. 

How do you figure that.

Jarrett and others are worth every penny.There careers are short they have to get what they can when they can.

Its a multi billion dollar industry in which the players are thee commodity.There worth every penny.The fact thee NFL makes as much as it does bares there worth out.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, kschreck said:

I wasn't either but I wasn't thrilled with the Ryan pick. After his first regular season pass I was a little more optimistic.

Man we could have had Dorsey and Brohm!!! The best defensive player in the draft with our first pick and an unreal talent at QB in Brohm :lol:

Edited by LouDog

On 11/21/2019 at 3:19 AM, Smiler11 said:

Should have gone in last year and definitely going in this year. On the trajectory he is on - if he keeps posting close to double digit sacks for the next 4/5 years he'll be in the ball park

It’s criminal he hasn’t gone. I agree he likely goes this year...depending on the dumb fan vote. 

On 11/21/2019 at 6:11 AM, Skott Lee said:

Perspective needed.....

The only perspective that's needed is market value.  Don't like it?  Don't consume the product.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Geneaut said:

By draft position value certainly. JJ and Matt might have an argument for greatest pick over-all though. At least one of them is going to the HOF.

Both.