2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully this will be the pre-game speech Ed Ogeron delivers to the LSU players prior to kickoff.

8-0. Since 2000, that's the record in the SECCG of the team with the number 1 rated defense in the SEC.   I like this!

I hardly ever watch ESPN at all unless it's to watch a game. Their "analysts" have been a joke for years. Remember how they used to set up a mock court room skit with Mark May and Lou Holtz to talk ab

Posted Images

8 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Being completely objective here, GA has no problem getting to the championship game, they just have trouble winning the game. They have been 8 times and only won the title 3 times in 02, 05, and 17.

Alabama has been 7 times since 2000 and have won it 6 times, 09, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18.

I hope GA can win it, but how many times you get there isn't really important if you don't win it.

It's important how many times you get there and also what you do when you are there.  there is no way to win it if you can't make the game.  regarding trying to bring back bama up during this comparison is a bit ridiculous since no team can live up to what nick saban has done.. now that the run has slowed down it will be interesting to see what happens with bama.  Things have changed considerably for a bunch of other programs so the dominance has ended.  Now comparing to other SEC programs UGA compares favorably with 3 titles during that period  UGA is 3-4 and have 1 more title game to go.  Yeah I hope we can win, but like in 2011 when we lost to LSU we just aren't on LSU's level IMO.  I might be wrong on Saturday, but I just don't see it.. LSU offensively is on a different level and they got tons of talent on defense.  

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I just hope if we do bring our "A game" to start that Kirby doesn't make the same mistakes he did in the Natty and SECCG against Bama with two score lead in 2nd half.  When playing a prolific offense(like LSU now or Bama) - you cannot sit on the ball and hope to run the clock out.    You press on the gas - hard!

I think LSU's offense is a big reason wny that won't happen.  lsu is too prolific to sit on the lead and neither of bama's offenses the last 2 big games we played there were even close to what lsu is today so I don't see kirby making that same mistake.. a big concern i have is will he shutdown the offense like he did in 2017 after a freak play.  that was beyond ridiculous and we need rodrigo not to miss a field goal.. that miss in the sec title game last year changed the momentum in that game.. talk to anyone who was on the sidelines and they will tell you we make the field goal and that game ends differently, but we didn't.  i just don't see man how we keep up with them due to how bad our offense has been..  plus we are down our 2 best wrs (1 half we get the 2nd best back) and our rb is dealing with a shoulder issue and just fumbled 2x against gt.  i mean offensivley if we don't score and have some drives the defense will get gassed early and we won't be talking about holding onto a lead, instead we will be talking about keeping it respectable.  i pointed out one key regarding pressure up the middle, but also the start of the game.. can we withstand that initial wave from lsu?  bama was down 36 to 16 at halftime.. if we are in the same hole we have zero chance with our offense to come back and make it respectable. 

8 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

That's not just a UGA problem.

There's something in the water in GA as all GA sports have that same issue.

we are 3-4 in sec title games and in most of those losses we were not the better team.. the 2003 lsu team was a better team than we were and won a natty.. the 2011 lsu team was off the charts talent wise compared to us and the same with 2012 national title bama team.  in 2018 the fact that we even made the game shows how good this staff is, that was a dysfuntional train wreck of a team which i talked about often last year.  i thought bama was going to blow us out of the water.  if we were the more talented and better team and we lost to a lesser team then i would be quite upset, but sometimes you gotta tip the cap.  In the 4 losses we had 2 of them were 2 national title winners and 2 were to national title runner ups.  the one thing i will say is we were right there in 2012 and 2018 despite being far down the list when it came to bluechip ratios and talent so our staff did a very good job getting us ready to compete and we played up to our competition.  with how we are recruiting now with kirby and the guys were are taking who would have went to other programs like alabama, etc it's only a matter of time before we win the big one.  I just don't think it's this year with our struggles offensively.  It's really sad though we have the best defense in the SEC and one of the best in the nation and due to offensive ineptitude we might be wasting that defensive effort this year.. doom and gloom.. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

It's important how many times you get there and also what you do when you are there.  there is no way to win it if you can't make the game.  regarding trying to bring back bama up during this comparison is a bit ridiculous since no team can live up to what nick saban has done.. now that the run has slowed down it will be interesting to see what happens with bama.  Things have changed considerably for a bunch of other programs so the dominance has ended.  Now comparing to other SEC programs UGA compares favorably with 3 titles during that period  UGA is 3-4 and have 1 more title game to go.  Yeah I hope we can win, but like in 2011 when we lost to LSU we just aren't on LSU's level IMO.  I might be wrong on Saturday, but I just don't see it.. LSU offensively is on a different level and they got tons of talent on defense.  

The only reason I brought up Bama is because you did in comparing the number of appearances in SECCG.

You are right, we will see where Bama goes moving forward.  I think it is hysterical that Bama has a season when they were down, 2 losses, first time not in the playoffs,  and now we are doomed!

GA has the only defense to beat LSU this year. I don't think they can out score them like we had to do, but with maybe a turnover and strong defense,  GA will win.

5 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The only reason I brought up Bama is because you did in comparing the number of appearances in SECCG.

You are right, we will see where Bama goes moving forward.  I think it is hysterical that Bama has a season when they were down, 2 losses, first time not in the playoffs,  and now we are doomed!

GA has the only defense to beat LSU this year. I don't think they can out score them like we had to do, but with maybe a turnover and strong defense,  GA will win.

Oh yeah.. that was what they brought up in comparing sec title game appearances.  There is no comparison with bama during the run though.  No one is saying bama is doomed so don't exaggerate what is being said, but the reality is bama isn't the same program it was years ago and every great run has to end.  You guys will always be competitive with nick saban as your head coach, but everything runs in cycles.. i remember an article in 2008 about how there could be 5 to 6 straight sec title games with florida and bama playing each other because they were so far ahead of everyone else and that just didn't happen.  that is the one thing I love about college football is you have programs step up and compete at the highest level and right now clemson is at the top and the best program (i hate saying that because i can't stand them).  Bama has been hurt some with coaches elsewhere taking players who in the past would have landed there and nick saban has made some very poor coaching hires which has hurt him as well.  You add that with guys leaving early, not able to land the guys they used to in the past, poor coaching hires, and injuries exposing your lack of depth at spots and it leads up to what is going to happen this year and into the future.  Alabama is going to continue to be a contender due talent alone, but that's a big difference than being The Team every season everyone is shooting for.  

I think we need to be plus 3 in the turnover margin to have a chance at beating LSU and I just don't see that happening unless LSU helps us.  I really see no way we win, but like I said I hope I am wrong.  

36 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I feel like you do this doom and gloom on purpose on some superstition type thing 

i would love to say i am doom and gloom on purpose this time, but I am not.. I have rewatched lsu a few times this week and even with auburn's amazing defensive performance a big reason they didn't score 30 plus was due to lsu making mistakes and had very little to do with auburn's defense.. 

So watching College Football Live today with Vilma and Acho.  

They both said the 7 point line was too low and didn’t even know that Cager was out (just thought injured and could play).

Vilma said Fromm was “poo poo” - yes he said it - and was laughing and fanning his nose.

The media disrespect- everyone is trying to top everyone else.   When discussing 4th spot there is zero consideration that it could actually be Georgia.

Good Gawd I hope we win to shutup all these blowhards.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i would love to say i am doom and gloom on purpose this time, but I am not.. I have rewatched lsu a few times this week and even with auburn's amazing defensive performance a big reason they didn't score 30 plus was due to lsu making mistakes and had very little to do with auburn's defense.. 

If UGA had a good offense it wouldn’t matter.  While we all know the issues with receivers and loss of personnel - still believe without such a conservative approach that the offense could have been stronger than it is now.   There were so many games against weak opponents to develop the passing game  - and it just never happened.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If UGA had a good offense it wouldn’t matter.  While we all know the issues with receivers and loss of personnel - still believe without such a conservative approach that the offense could have been stronger than it is now.   There were so many games against weak opponents to develop the passing game  - and it just never happened.

Exactly! Forget not giving Fields garbage time to throw, we should have given Fromm garbage time to develop. 

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

So watching College Football Live today with Vilma and Acho.  

They both said the 7 point line was too low and didn’t even know that Cager was out (just thought injured and could play).

Vilma said Fromm was “poo poo” - yes he said it - and was laughing and fanning his nose.

The media disrespect- everyone is trying to top everyone else.   When discussing 4th spot there is zero consideration that it could actually be Georgia.

Good Gawd I hope we win to shutup all these blowhards.

i haven't seen anyone from the national media pick UGA and most i have seen laughing at our chances.. the good thing is many have no clue about our team..  some guys were talking about cager being suspended the first half..  huh?  they just don't follow UGA as they follow teams like LSU.  randy cross was the only one on cbs who picked UGA to win.. it's amazing how little of a chance we have been given. 

yeah the media is just bunch of idiots, just look how much they were rooting for Bama against LSU this year, apart ofcourse from the LSU guys at ESPN. I cant wait for this match up, as an LSU fan i cant wait to see our O go against the Dawgs D. The x factor for LSU will be Clyde E-H who has really played amazing this year, and made the opposing D pay when they drop 7 or 8 into coverage. We had trouble with Auburn's D in the first half because we didn't expect them to come out in a 3-1-7 scheme, but we gave the ball to Clyde E-H in the second half and he gashed them. I am just hoping for a great game and ofc an LSU win

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Our defense is better than the team with 2 mascots..im honestly tired of people mentioning their defense with ours because ours is flat out better and no LSU hasn’t faced a defense like ours.

19 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Our defense is better than the team with 2 mascots..im honestly tired of people mentioning their defense with ours because ours is flat out better and no LSU hasn’t faced a defense like ours.

I don't disagree there..  I hope our offense has that breakout game.. if we do then everything changes because we both know our defense can give lsu a lot of trouble.. 

Did not have a good feeling about this one two weeks ago.

Felt the same after last week.

The one thing I will say is, even with Cager out and Pickens out for a half, the Swift injury and how that plays out...most talking heads aren't giving us a chance.  It's like it's just a formality that UGA loses and who is going to take the #4 spot between Utah, OU, or Baylor.

I'll just say that bodes well for us.  Something about when the "experts" go with the "we know what's going to happen" attitude.  LSU is the best offense/QB we've seen but...we're easily the best D they've seen.  As good as Burrow is he's got about 20+ TDs that came against Georgia Southern, Utah State, Ole Miss, and Vandy.

No predictions but I feel a lot better about our chances tomorrow.