Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

1 minute ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Georgia is a 4 loss team next year

Assuming the defense doesn't replicate this performance next season and the offense remains the same with Swift gone, yeah. Those losses would probably be Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and a surprise team on our schedule we never thought we'd lose to. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Assuming the defense doesn't replicate this performance next season and the offense remains the same with Swift gone, yeah. Those losses would probably be Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and a surprise team on our schedule we never thought we'd lose to. 

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Take your pick between Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky or who ever else. It might even be time for GT to get their obligatory once a decade win. 

I certainly think lsu 100% the better team but either the drop by Simmons or hitting Roberson in stride both could’ve been tds and starting off w that confidence could have definitely changed the game a lot.. could’ve believe down 14 we ran on 3rd and long to set up fg. Kirby

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

After this I'll never believe the team was behind Fromm this year. They sure as **** didn't play like it.

The players on the field know the deal. There's a reason we saw half the offense leave early when they knew they wouldn't be drafted very high. Fromm sucks and they know he sucks. And he's gonna suck next year, too. Everybody is trying to compare Fields to Fromm and that's kinda silly. Fields is obviously a much better QB and he's a first year starter, not 3rd year. Even Eason is only a second year starter and he's running probably the most complicated offense in college ball with no talent around him. Fromm makes Joe Cox look like Joe Montana. He's by far the worst QB I've ever seen at Georgia and I'm old as dirt. He would be on the bench at Georgia Southern but we're gonna have to watch one more year of 3 yard passes to the sideline and 9 men in the box. Pickens will have a meltdown at some point next year and everybody will act like he's not a team player or whatever. There are still people that think Fromm is going to the NFL this year. I have absolutely no idea what people have been watching for the last 3 years. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but that doesn't mean much in an athletic competition. I'm a pretty nice guy but I don't think anyone wants to see me playing QB for Georgia. 

4 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What was the throwing grenades at fromm, he gone part? Cooley directly blaming Fromm or agreeing w someone who was? And he gone? Meaning going pro?  Don’t understand can someone explain that 

I think he was saying Fromm needs to see a head shrink.  And Coley skipping out on meeting with the press seems like he is gone

41 minutes ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Georgia is a 4 loss team next year

I think they luck up and win a couple of tough games so if I had to predict.... 2-3 losses in reg season and miss the sec title game. But that’s based on right now. Things can and hopefully will change in a positive fashion. But there’s glaring changes needed that a lot of us started chatting about earlier this season. I’m in no way surprised by yesterday’s game. 

43 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The defense will replicate this performance next year though. Florida loses a lot, and apart from Auburn and Alabama, I don't see any teams to challenge us. The problem is that we will continue to only have one or two losses in the regular season, in that may allow Kirby to continue the delusion that this offense is working.

17 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What was the throwing grenades at fromm, he gone part? Cooley directly blaming Fromm or agreeing w someone who was? And he gone? Meaning going pro?  Don’t understand can someone explain that 

When your Wikipedia page is savagely trolled by the UGA fanbase and now looks like this, the writing is on the wall (I still blame Fromm more than Coley  who called a very good first half)

“James Coley is an American football coach. He tries his hardest to be the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Georgia and was the former offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Miami, but at Georgia, his efforts aren't enough."

56 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

After this I'll never believe the team was behind Fromm this year. They sure as **** didn't play like it.

I understand your point but that happens everywhere and in all sports

4 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Looking at UGA's schedule next year. It won't get any easier. Virginia to open the season. Alabama in Tuscaloosa as our SEC opener (lost 5 straight to Bama and Saban is undefeated vs assistants). Auburn earlier in the year unlike previous years. Trying to get 4 straight on Florida in Jacksonville, that won't be easy because since 2008, it's been 3 game win streaks by Florida, Georgia, Florida again, and now Georgia again. No one has gotten 4 straight on each other in that stretch. UGA hasn't gotten 4 straight on Florida since 1980-1983. Tennessee has only gotten better and might give us a battle since the last 3 games were blowouts. Georgia teams who win the SEC title start 7-0 or better. UGA teams who get a 1st loss in their first 7 weeks don't win the SEC title. That didn't work in other years we've won the East including this year or last season. Part of starting 7-0 or better would have to be wins over Bama in Tuscaloosa and Auburn at home, YIKES. Winning the East division 3 years straight isn't easy, 4 in a row, will be even tougher. 

Can we lose 2?  sure we can, but florida is losing a lot.  auburn is as well as well and will be in athens.  alabama is a toss up game.  we will beat uva.  I know it's easy to be doom and gloom after a loss, but we return a lot on defense.  now if we don't improve offensively then it's hard to really guess how many losses we have.. if put out the same crap offense as we did this year we can lose 4 or more, but I don't think that happens.  kirby while stubborn is also very competitive and wants to win.. we will load up on more top tier freshman while our counterparts in the east don't improve much at all..

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

so i guess when a bama qb and center get into it on the field they are competitve, but when swfit gets angry it means the team isn't behind fromm?  that's baloney.. you are really reaching to be negative. 

2 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

I understand your point but that happens everywhere and in all sports

i don't understand his point at all. he has no point.. it happens all of the time and it was explained clearly what happened and it's meant nothing.. just uga fans wanting to be pile on because we are an angry bunch.. plenty of issues to be mad about, but no reason to make crap up. 

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

no one was throwing grenades.  smh

2 hours ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

The defense will replicate this performance next year though. Florida loses a lot, and apart from Auburn and Alabama, I don't see any teams to challenge us. The problem is that we will continue to only have one or two losses in the regular season, in that may allow Kirby to continue the delusion that this offense is working.

the defense will be better next year.. a number of our playmakers were true freshman or guys coming back from injury last year.. this defense will improve especially on sacks and turnovers.  we will lost at most 2 games.. if our offense improves a little we can win out.  

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think he was saying Fromm needs to see a head shrink.  And Coley skipping out on meeting with the press seems like he is gone

that was not what he was saying at all.. i wish our fans wouldn't make comments if they don't know the situation at all.  trevor who is working with wilson has worked with UGA and our athletic department.  coley is just retweeting articles about the success.  

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

I am sorry but this is just ignorant.

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I certainly think lsu 100% the better team but either the drop by Simmons or hitting Roberson in stride both could’ve been tds and starting off w that confidence could have definitely changed the game a lot.. could’ve believe down 14 we ran on 3rd and long to set up fg. Kirby

we had missed opportunities for sure, but LSU was by far the better team and has shown that all season long.  you add in our injuries and we had a struggling offense missing our top 4 wideouts and literally were stuck with 3 guys at WR (2 of which stink horribly) and we had zero shot.. you also add in swift who was either hurt or checked out I don't care but there was nothing we could have done to win that game.  We just lost to the better team, but I am very happy we got the Sugar Bowl hopefully against Baylor.  The next few weeks will tell us a lot IMO. 

3 hours ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

It's hard to have a historical defense like Georgia did this year, that was their best defense since 1981. That won't happen again anytime soon. No different than how historical the 2016 Falcons offense was. You don't get a historically great defense or offense every year. You must have balance. 

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Coley has been retweeting this stuff all year. Trevor Moawad has been working with Smart and UGA for a few years now. Went to a leadership conference with them a few months ago.

Seems an odd thing to tweet when your “A type” personality QB  just had another miserable performance...and you sneak out without addressing the media (at least that’s the report Ive seen)