2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

Carter

2 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

And that was a mistake. 

sorry i don't see that as being a mistake no matter what fields is doing this year.. if he had told fields you got the job even though you didn't earn it kirby wouldn't have had any respect in that lockerroom.. no coach worth his weight is going to do that.. you think nick saban promises a kid a starting job who hasn't earned it?  oh come on man that's just ridiculous.  plenty of things to be upset with, but that isn't one of them IMO. 

Yeah, Kirby isnt going to publicly say anything else. He'll do some stuff in private first. Coley told media in Miami he was willing to an OC for Richt even if Richt was calling plays. Of course he ended up leaving for UGA when Richt didnt retain him. I would imagine some discussions might happen about being co-OC. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

you can't promise fields the job over fromm when he didn't earn it last year while at uga.. you earn playing time in practice and fields didn't do that.  i know you are a huge fan of fields, but let's not pretend he was ready last year.. this year he clearly is ready and has had a terrific year.  if fields had stayed he would have beaten out fromm IMO this year, but he didn't so that doesn't matter.  just enjoy his success this year.

Never said the word promise - someone else may have.    No use in the merry go round again - Fields was mishandled and wasn’t played in enough meaningful snaps to make him feel he would be given the shot - with big programs like Ohio State calling and a more wide open offense - I guess it worked out for Justin - it didn’t work out for UGA.   It is what it is.   I will say this - Fields was more deserving than what he got - maybe he had a sucky attitude- but he wasn’t done right by the staff.

sorry i don't see that as being a mistake no matter what fields is doing this year.. if he had told fields you got the job even though you didn't earn it kirby wouldn't have had any respect in that lockerroom.. no coach worth his weight is going to do that.. you think nick saban promises a kid a starting job who hasn't earned it?  oh come on man that's just ridiculous.  plenty of things to be upset with, but that isn't one of them IMO. 

Dabo Swinney won a God dam National Championship by telling a veteran QB to go pound sand in favor of a rookie. Nick Saban beat us twice by changing QBs. You're grasping brother.....Kirby ****** up.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I just cannot believe Kirby will be that stubborn.

Three undefeated teams.   All have dynamic offenses and a very good trigger man.   All can beat you in a variety of ways.

You can still have a huge offensive line, dominant running game - you just have to be multiple and diverse.

the key though is we don't have to be a dynamic offense.. we need to be a competent and effective offense with a great defense.. we aren't close to being an effective offense.. regarding kirby being stubborn.. you realize how long it took saban to change?  saban was whining about how hurry up offenses were horrible for player's safety and all these high play counts in games is wrong and how rules should be passed to stop it.. him and bret b from arkansas were whing about that for a few years.. then after losing to ohio state and other spread offenses nick saban saw that what he was doing wasn't working anymore so he changes.. i thought kirby would have learned from that, but obviously he didn't. 

you can't promise fields the job over fromm when he didn't earn it last year while at uga.. you earn playing time in practice and fields didn't do that.  i know you are a huge fan of fields, but let's not pretend he was ready last year.. this year he clearly is ready and has had a terrific year.  if fields had stayed he would have beaten out fromm IMO this year, but he didn't so that doesn't matter.  just enjoy his success this year.

To be honest, I don’t think he would’ve. I think we would’ve seen the same thing as last year. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

Sac I think part of the problem is how Dabo handled the Lawrence situation compared to Kirby's Fields situation. I'm no expert but I just saw them run Justin in the wildcat 3 or 4 times a game. Dabo actually had a qb competition. Justin can't read defense but he's out here throwing 3-4 tds a game. IDK man

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

the key though is we don't have to be a dynamic offense.. we need to be a competent and effective offense with a great defense.. we aren't close to being an effective offense.. regarding kirby being stubborn.. you realize how long it took saban to change?  saban was whining about how hurry up offenses were horrible for player's safety and all these high play counts in games is wrong and how rules should be passed to stop it.. him and bret b from arkansas were whing about that for a few years.. then after losing to ohio state and other spread offenses nick saban saw that what he was doing wasn't working anymore so he changes.. i thought kirby would have learned from that, but obviously he didn't. 

Exactly.  Kirby should be able to learn from Nick.   If he cannot then something is wrong.

Just now, Skip Dawg said:

Sac I think part of the problem is how Dabo handled the Lawrence situation compared to Kirby's Fields situation. I'm no expert but I just saw them run Justin in the wildcat 3 or 4 times a game. Dabo actually had a qb competition. Justin can't read defense but he's out here throwing 3-4 tds a game. IDK man

37 TDs

1 interception 

Whatever the critics want to say about Fields, there is no denying that is an AMAZING stat.

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

You think Saban would sit a more talented QB for sentimentality like your boy Kirby?   Tua would indicate otherwise.  No matter what your secret sources at the practices say, Fields is an obvious superior talent.  If Kirby had actually given him enough meaningful snaps and plays last year, he would've shown it then too.

20 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

kirby couldn't do that.. not with the results they saw last year.. you can't promise a kid a starting job who hasn't earned it.. 

Fromm got the gig because Eason got hurt.  Folks ignore the fact that Eason beat out Fromm for the starting gig.  When Fromm got the gig and managed it without turning the ball over and letting Kirby RUN the ball, thats what Kirby wanted.  Kirby never wanted a big armed quarterback to carry that team.  It works until they play in the post season...

Edited by Spts1

1 minute ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Dabo Swinney won a God dam National Championship by telling a veteran QB to go pound sand in favor of a rookie. Nick Saban beat us twice by changing QBs. You're grasping brother.....Kirby ****** up.

it's apples and oranges man.. dabo swinney already lost with bryant and knew that kelly was not good enough to win the title and lawrence was outplaying bryant in practices and it wasn't even funny.. if fields was doing the same thing outclassing fromm everytime he could you can bet kirby would have given him more of a shot, but he didn't.. nick saban never told a qb he had a starting job without earning it.. we saw year after year where saban made guys compete and then gave a qb the job.. heck tua was out performing hurts in practice for most of the season and i remember posts on bama boards talking about why isn't tua starting or playing more that entire year before he got to play at halftime against us in the natty.  like i said the end result wasn't great, but kirby did the right thing with the situation he had.  

2 minutes ago, judas yeast said:

You think Saban would sit a more talented QB for sentimentality like your boy Kirby?   Tua would indicate otherwise.  No matter what your secret sources at the practices say, Fields is an obvious superior talent.  If Kirby had actually given him enough meaningful snaps and plays last year, he would've shown it then too.

you don't pay attention very much to teams that don't reside in south carolina.. nick saban sat tua the entire season when he was outperforming hurts in practices often and it wasn't until the natty game at halfimte did tua get the shot he needed.. nick saban would never give a job to a player who hasn't earned it.. fields was not ready last year.. he is this year and good for him. 

I  kinda hate that all of the discussion always goes back to Fields and other stuff that has already in the past.  I'm more interested in what are we going to do going forward.  We will have an elite defense next, should be better than this year.  How are we going to get to the top of this mountain?

4 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

I  kinda hate that all of the discussion always goes back to Fields and other stuff that has already in the past.  I'm more interested in what are we going to do going forward.  We will have an elite defense next, should be better than this year.  How are we going to get to the top of this mountain?

I agree for the most part, but Fields talk makes sense here because it is about what should’ve got us to the top. 

Edited by mike teevee

3 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

I thought the defense was a bright spot. Funny we might become what LSU has been for years. A team with a really good defense and a weak offense with talented players. Remember LSU had OBJ playing wr and had trouble scoring.

2 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

yeah that stuff is ridiculous to continue bringing up.. it's like that dead horse.. it was dead in the offseason, but some fans can't let it go.. getting back to your point that is a great question.  we won't know until a few weeks from now to see if we make any staff changes.. i want to see if we bring in a qb coach.  also do we take 4 wrs?  we need to add some big talent.  also what do we see in the bowl game..