2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

3 hours ago, brdu4 said:

Could Fromm feel that he doesn’t feel threatened of someone else taking over as a starter. Freshman year Eason could have and last year Fields could have, but this year there’s no one that’s putting that pressure on him 

i believe it's always better for starter to have to fight off a challenger even if they are an entrenched starter.. i believe what we saw last year in the florida game and on was fromm sending a message that this was his job after his poor performance against LSU.. i do not believe it helped him at all to not have a young gun shooting for his job in the offseason.  it also doesn't help at all that he lost the top 6 or 7 pass catchers in the offseason..   that is a ton and there are very few teams who could lose that much production and still be okay.. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully this will be the pre-game speech Ed Ogeron delivers to the LSU players prior to kickoff.

8-0. Since 2000, that's the record in the SECCG of the team with the number 1 rated defense in the SEC.   I like this!

I hardly ever watch ESPN at all unless it's to watch a game. Their "analysts" have been a joke for years. Remember how they used to set up a mock court room skit with Mark May and Lou Holtz to talk ab

Posted Images

I think Chase is LSU's slot receiver? That means no Stokes USUALLY because Stokes is a primary boundary corner. I remember talking about that with Lil'Jordan Humphrey and wouldn't you know, we saw McGhee on him at times last year and only really saw Stokes on Collin Johnson (also a talented receiver though, and Stokes did a good job on him).

Now McGhee doesn't really play anymore, but talking about the middle of the field/slot is a problem and it has been exploited at times. Mark Webb is a great tackler, but is poor in coverage, and you can look through the video and see it.

In our nickel/dime, Tyrique Stevenson is more likely to be tasked with Chase than Stokes probably. That's going to be dangerous since he's a freshman, but it could work out. He was the answer to Georgia's TE issues against Mizzou.

The worst matchup to me will be on Moss, their TE. Stevenson will likely draw that matchup as you said and it will be a tough one. We’ve been pretty bad against the TE for the majority of the year. We need a healthy secondary for this game. 

We saw Grant and N. Smith get beat in coverage late in the game against ATM against backs and TEs. Hopefully that doesn’t happen against LSU. 

Edited by UAB_DAWG
22 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

The worst matchup to me will be on Moss, their TE. Stevenson will likely draw that matchup as you said and it will be a tough one. We’ve been pretty bad against the TE for the majority of the year. We need a healthy secondary for this game. 

We saw Grant and N. Smith get beat in coverage late in the game against ATM against backs and TEs. Hopefully that doesn’t happen against LSU. 

Yeah we have struggled with TE coverage. I know it's easier said than done, but it's always amazing to see one the biggest guys on the team not being an OL and get that wide open at times. It's like, see the big tree, he might catch the ball! :lol:

4 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

Yeah we have struggled with TE coverage. I know it's easier said than done, but it's always amazing to see one the biggest guys on the team not being an OL and get that wide open at times. It's like, see the big tree, he might catch the ball! :lol:

Yep and on the flip side, we have no use for TE's in our "passing attack". 

5 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Dayne Young

@dayneyoung

·

24m

Point differential in conference games: Alabama +160 LSU +130 Georgia +118 Florida +113 Auburn +67 Texas A&M +21 Kentucky -15 Ole Miss -34 Tennessee -44 Missouri -46 South Carolina -62 Miss St -71 Vandy -167 Arkansas -170 Most scored: LSU (327) Fewest allowed: Georgia (84)

LSU fans will just say they gave up a ton of points in garbage time.

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

LSU fans will just say they gave up a ton of points in garbage time.

I think the defense for LSU just isn't all that worried because the belief is, their Offense can't be stopped so they get a little complacent. It would really be nice to see them challenged on that front. I'm really not sure how they can perform at this point, the offense always makes up for any lapse the "D" might have.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

UGA fans you need to read this twitter thread.. great read and film breakdown.. 

Very good watch! It confirms what I thought after the game, we left TDs on the field. I really think Coley has done a good job the last 3-4 games but our execution just hasn’t been there consistently. My prediction is we score 30+ verse LSU call me crazy but I think playing in a controlled environment will help a lot. 

3 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

through 4 quarters, the UGA offense managed 19 pts against A&M. Through 4 possessions, LSU has manged 4 TDs.

The D better be ready to play .....

Man this is going to be a very long day for our dawgs. I know if you don’t say all positives about our team your viewed as being a negative person, but, I don’t see us stacking up well against LSU. But kill some crows and make me a pie. I’ll eat eat it if you know how to cook! :lol:

5 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

through 4 quarters, the UGA offense managed 19 pts against A&M. Through 4 possessions, LSU has manged 4 TDs.

The D better be ready to play .....

Every game is different with matchups and dynamics. Our defense matches up with their offense pretty well, but as good as LSU is playing on offense we have to expect that they will have some success. I think people are really underestimating our defense and how creative we are on that side of the ball though.

The key to this game for UGA imo will be the offense being efficient, moving the ball, playing our style of game. If our offense has a string of short possessions that end with punts, that gives LSU more opportunities on offense, which will inevitably break down our defensive advantages. I think our offense can have success on their defense, but they lack consistency and confidence becomes visibly shaken when we get to 3rd down. 

Gonna take UGA's best effort on both sides of the ball... but it is the SEC championship, that is always the case. I think we have a great chance to beat LSU because of our defense. Our offense will have to move the sticks and put up 6 to get it done.