Carter

2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

1,504 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I was really surprised to hear Kirby say that, I think it was just in the heat of the moment thing and protecting Fromm. Wasn't it at his post game? You have to think he was really upset after that loss, he is an emtional guy, one of the things I like about him.

The truth of the matter is, every team has injuries, look at us this year from spring training on to Tua, and every team loses guys by tranfer, juniors going to NFL, or graduation. I think this year it hurt GA more than it has in the past and when it does, it is hard to take as a fan and I can imagine as a coach.

As far as GA goes, there is not 1 thing or player to blame. Like Bama this year, it was a series of unfortunate events that just piled on until the team couln't hold.

Everyone wants to say Bama is done, I don't believe it anymore than I believe that GA is done. Both teams just need to regroup and will come out strong next year!

I definitely think it was heat of the moment and trying to protect Fromm who's taking a ton of criticism.  It still left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm hearing this "Bama is done" talk and that's just silly to me.  However, I will say that Saban has earned the benefit of the doubt to me.  After what I feel were two of the more epic choke jobs in the NC and SECCG last year against Bama...and then an SECCG this year where it looked like you had no business on the field with your opponent...I'm starting to get the feeling that UGA is just the launch pad for the "big boys".  Kind of like a slightly better Wisconsin.  Good team every year but in the end they'll come up short to the team that is going to represent the SEC in the playoff or win the National Championship.

Hope to God I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

sdogg and mqg96 like this

I'm thinking I'm going to take a break from UGA after this bowl game.

Hopefully, they'll take this one seriously and put in some effort after getting tiger-raped this past week.

slamee101 likes this

27 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I definitely think it was heat of the moment and trying to protect Fromm who's taking a ton of criticism.  It still left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm hearing this "Bama is done" talk and that's just silly to me.  However, I will say that Saban has earned the benefit of the doubt to me.  After what I feel were two of the more epic choke jobs in the NC and SECCG last year against Bama...and then an SECCG this year where it looked like you had no business on the field with your opponent...I'm starting to get the feeling that UGA is just the launch pad for the "big boys".  Kind of like a slightly better Wisconsin.  Good team every year but in the end they'll come up short to the team that is going to represent the SEC in the playoff or win the National Championship.

Hope to God I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I think GA is way better than Wisconsin when healthy.

Those 2 losses to us in NCG and SECCG I would put on Kirby and honestly he is a young HC. Look, Saban has a lot years as a HC and he sometimes screws up too. Kirby just screwed up in both those games and took his foot off the gas. The bad thing is that he did it back to back years. The real question is ,Will he learn from if? I see his stubbornness as his possible downfall, hopefully he has people around him to help him with it.

Will he adjust this year? Will he chage his offensive approach? I believe he can do it, because Saban did and he is pretty stubborn too.

6 hours ago, Statick said:

I'm thinking I'm going to take a break from UGA after this bowl game.

Hopefully, they'll take this one seriously and put in some effort after getting tiger-raped this past week.

It's crazy how what LSU did to UGA in the SEC Championship this year was no different from 2003 and 2011, and I brought this up even before the game. The 8 year cycle for LSU since 2003 continued. LSU blows out Georgia in the SEC Championship, and LSU ends up playing in New Orleans for the national championship (which will probably happen again for LSU).