Carter

2019 SEC Championship: #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

1,504 posts in this topic

Shout out to everyone who wants to blame Coley for the offense this year go check the Patriots game. I'm sure we can all agree Josh is a pretty good OC and his guys are getting no separation tonight. It's hard to just scheme open separation if your guys arent running routes well.

The offense this year is a combo of Coley, young WR, and Fromm regressing (I think he's too comfy). Not just coley and it's not as simple as "scheme some separation".

Porter Osborne Jr and Bdawg58 like this

Well nobody thinks we can win in media and it is almost missing from the conversation that UGA will stay in the Top 4.    Trying to stay objective it’s understandable - just hoping between the coaching staff and players we find another level - especially on offense - not ready for the dream to end this year.

sdogg likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Well nobody thinks we can win in media and it is almost missing from the conversation that UGA will stay in the Top 4.    Trying to stay objective it’s understandable - just hoping between the coaching staff and players we find another level - especially on offense - not ready for the dream to end this year.

This year hasn’t really felt like a dream, especially on offense.  But I hear ya.  I think it’s a two team race this year.  Ohio State, by far, has the most talented roster but LSU has the better QB (at this point in their careers).  Edge LSU.  

Why is Dabo whining so much and throwing shade at us in the process?  He has such a punchable face

"(Today's win) is huge from a national standpoint, because obviously if we lose this game, they are going to kick us out (of the playoff)," Swinney said. "They don't want us in there anyway. We'd drop to (No.) 20, you know? Georgia loses to this very same team, and the very next day it's, 'How do we keep Georgia in it?' We win to the team (North Carolina) that beat South Carolina and it's, 'How do we get Clemson out?'

sdogg likes this

LSU yards per play on offense is 2nd. UGA yards per play on defense is 3rd.

UGA yards per play on offense is 31st. LSU yards per play on defense is 29th.

Can't get more evenly matched defense vs. offense. Turnovers should be the determining factor here.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Avengers theme made it cheesy 

nah it's awesome.. i love that freaking theme. 

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

nah it's awesome.. i love that freaking theme. 

Same here, cause we’re most certainly “in the endgame now”. 

we need a gauntlet and the stones, so we can bring back the 2017/18 Fromm lol

putnam6 likes this

9 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Avengers theme made it cheesy 

I liked that it shows nobody had faith in this team, except the team and it's hardcore fans, and let's face it even us hardcore fans have wavered a bit here and there. But here they are SEC Championship game 3rd year in a row and 3 wins from a Natty. Why Not UGA? Why Not Those Hairy Junkyard Dawgs? **** if Fromm plays like he did the last two years in the SEC championship they likely win the sum beech this week. Cause this defense is definitely championship caliber

95Dawg, m2Falcons and sdogg like this

12 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This year hasn’t really felt like a dream, especially on offense.  But I hear ya.  I think it’s a two team race this year.  Ohio State, by far, has the most talented roster but LSU has the better QB (at this point in their careers).  Edge LSU.  

A dream year is being in the SECCG and having an opportunity to win a Natty.   As of today - December 2nd - this 2019 version of the Dawgs still has that opportunity.    Will we convert?  would be difficult - but I will take 11-1 and in the SECCG with a chance to get in the playoff  every dayum year.

putnam6 and 95Dawg like this

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

A dream year is being in the SECCG and having an opportunity to win a Natty.   As of today - December 2nd - this 2019 version of the Dawgs still has that opportunity.    Will we convert?  would be difficult - but I will take 11-1 and in the SECCG with a chance to get in the playoff  every dayum year.

It is interesting to think for a minute what the CFP situation would be right now if UGA had not lost to SC...  Would have 4 teams undefeated right now; two of them playing each other pre-CFP.   Hard to believe a likely scenario in that case that would keep LSU or UGA out of the CFP, regardless of which team lost in SECCG, as long as the game was close.

50 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

It is interesting to think for a minute what the CFP situation would be right now if UGA had not lost to SC...  Would have 4 teams undefeated right now; two of them playing each other pre-CFP.   Hard to believe a likely scenario in that case that would keep LSU or UGA out of the CFP, regardless of which team lost in SECCG, as long as the game was close.

People already talking about what if Baylor and Oregon win their championships

Do you put in Baylor over UGA if they lose to LSU?

That's a nightmare scenario for the comittee

12 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

People already talking about what if Baylor and Oregon win their championships

Do you put in Baylor over UGA if they lose to LSU?

That's a nightmare scenario for the comittee

Oregon already has two losses.  They are done.

If Oregon, LSU and Baylor all win then I think Baylor gets in. The committee likes them. What a huge accomplishment by Matt Rhule if it happens.

OSU vs Baylor

LSU vs Clemson

Question:

If Dawgs lost a very close game to LSU in SECCG

AND

Oregon beats Utah in Pac 12 Championship

AND

a one-loss Baylor wins a high scoring/no defense Big 12 Championship game

Given that scenario, could UGA still get in the playoff?   the only team that could go in front of UGA in that scenario is Baylor.  Everyone else in the top 15 of Coach's poll and AP poll would also have two losses.

Baylor's only ranked win would be in the Big 12 title game in a revenge game vs Oklahoma.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Question:

If Dawgs lost a very close game to LSU in SECCG

AND

Oregon beats Utah in Pac 12 Championship

AND

a one-loss Baylor wins a high scoring/no defense Big 12 Championship game

Given that scenario, could UGA still get in the playoff?   the only team that could go in front of UGA in that scenario is Baylor.  Everyone else in the top 15 of Coach's poll and AP poll would also have two losses.

Baylor's only ranked win would be in the Big 12 title game in a revenge game vs Oklahoma.

A 12-1 Big 12 Champion in Baylor is getting over UGA if they're 11-2. If LSU and Oregon win then it's going to be whoever wins the Big 12. If LSU and Utah win then the Utes are dancing. 

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

A 12-1 Big 12 Champion in Baylor is getting over UGA if they're 11-2. If LSU and Oregon win then it's going to be whoever wins the Big 12. If LSU and Utah win then the Utes are dancing. 

Baylor, I would put them the favorite but don't know that it's a slam dunk - their only win that would deserve credit would be Oklahoma.

your Utah comment adds no value - I already addressed - they are thought to be the frontrunner if UGA loses and Utah closes the deal versus Oregon.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Baylor, I would put them the favorite but don't know that it's a slam dunk - their only win that would deserve credit would be Oklahoma.

your Utah comment adds no value - I already addressed - they are thought to be the frontrunner if UGA loses and Utah closes the deal versus Oregon.

Good job.

38 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

If Oregon, LSU and Baylor all win then I think Baylor gets in. The committee likes them. What a huge accomplishment by Matt Rhule if it happens.

OSU vs Baylor

LSU vs Clemson

why do you think the CFP committee likes Baylor?  they were ranked dead last off all the one loss teams last week in the top 10 - behind Utah and Minnesota (as well as Bama and Oklahoma).

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

why do you think the CFP committee likes Baylor?  they were ranked dead last off all the one loss teams last week in the top 10.

Committee chair himself. Rob Mullens had this to say about Baylor about 4 days ago

Mullens: “Right, understand. That's one piece of it. They had a dominant win over Texas from beginning to end. But in addition, the wins over Iowa State and Oklahoma State continue to improve, as well, as those teams continue to win, and their only loss close to Oklahoma, who moves up to 7. So all that adds in to the clean sheet.”

He was referencing earlier comments about lack of quality wins. The committee felt the Texas game showed Baylor is worthy.

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Committee chair himself. Rob Mullens had this to say about Baylor about 4 days ago

Mullens: “Right, understand. That's one piece of it. They had a dominant win over Texas from beginning to end. But in addition, the wins over Iowa State and Oklahoma State continue to improve, as well, as those teams continue to win, and their only loss close to Oklahoma, who moves up to 7. So all that adds in to the clean sheet.”

meh.....don't think any individual members are impressed w/ Baylor - the BIG 12 is kind of a joke and the only real impressive team in the league is Oklahoma and they cannot win a game in the CFP as they have proved over and over and over again.

Also, as we have seen in the past, the final vote tends to be different than the others.   While every year is different and the committee isn't supposed to take into account past history - the Notre Dame allowance last year also blew up on them.   Baylor hasn't played "big boy" football and would be a patsy for Ohio State.

I won't be upset at all if UGA doesn't get in if they lose the SECCG because they had their chance and blew their opportunity to get in w/ a loss because of the tragic SCAR game - but from a resume' standpoint - a two loss Georgia team is still better than a one-loss division champion Baylor team in the BIG 12.

Baylor will get slaughtered in a playoff game - UGA would have a puncher's chance with their defense.

putnam6 likes this

I think the only way we get in with a loss to LSU is if we lose a close one and the committee looks at the injury to Cager and Swift not being 100% and says we want to see what this UGA team can do at full strength. That’s still a big stretch though and I don’t see it happening.

A second loss for UGA brings in the South Carolina loss. Right now the committee is kinda ignoring our loss because of the 3 top 15 wins but not sure we would win a tiebreaker with a B12 champion Baylor. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

15 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

A second loss for UGA brings in the South Carolina loss. Right now the committee is kinda ignoring our loss because of the 3 top 15 wins but not sure we would win a tiebreaker with a B12 champion Baylor. 

I am just saying Baylor is weak enough and their resume’/schedule is weak enough that it would warrant legitimate discussion in the committee room.