Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew4719

Chiefs @ Chargers

45 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Watching Rivers run this 2min offense is painful. Makes you thankful for some of the 2min drives Ryan has done.

You must not have watched them last week. 7 plays and no yards gained on their final drive. Although I’d attribute that mostly due to their O-line getting wrecked by the raiders. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You must not have watched them last week. 7 plays and no yards gained on their final drive. Although I’d attribute that mostly due to their O-line getting wrecked by the raiders. 

Nah, I haven't watched alot of games outside of our this year. Thankful i haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Nah, I haven't watched alot of games outside of our this year. Thankful i haven't.

I can understand that. Falcons sucking the first 8 weeks have really sucked the joy of out football for me. My badgers getting upset by Illinois and then killed by Ohio State didn’t help much either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I can understand that. Falcons sucking the first 8 weeks have really sucked the joy of out football for me. My badgers getting upset by Illinois and then killed by Ohio State didn’t help much either. 

Yeah, definitely been a rough year. It really sucked the life out of me with our start.  The officials in games around the league have made them hard to watch. Although it's been alot better for us lately.

Atlantafan21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever Chargers game in history is the same. Chargers go down in the first half, battle back in the second half, and it ends in the 4th quarter with Phillip Rivers trying to lead a 4th quarter comeback. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Have Rivers and the Chargers ever been good at executing a comeback/game winning drive? In all the years I’ve watched Rivers I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him lead one. 

So it's not just me, i was about to tell you that , but i figured ive just missed out on some of his greatness. Every time I've watched him, which hasn't been a ton over his career, I've always felt he has no confidence in making a drive like that.  His decision making goes down. I don't know if its confidence or pressure.  I always figured I didn't watch him enough or maybe watching Ryan do late drives just raised my expectations. Ryan always comes out confident and like he believes its always gonna work. Even if the last one failed. I just don't get that from Rivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

So it's not just me, i was about to tell you that , but i figured ive just missed out on some of his greatness. Every time I've watched him, which hasn't been a ton over his career, I've always felt he has no confidence in making a drive like that.  His decision making goes down. I don't know if its confidence or pressure.  I always figured I didn't watch him enough or maybe watching Ryan do late drives just raised my expectations. Ryan always comes out confident and like he believes its always gonna work. Even if the last one failed. I just don't get that from Rivers.

Apparently he actually has two this year, and had one against us in 2016. I guess they’re just forgettable for whatever reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Apparently he actually has two this year, and had one against us in 2016. I guess they’re just forgettable for whatever reason. 

I guess so. Seems like i do remember that one against us. I probably didn't play it much attention, because it was against us. Just seems like most the times I've ever seen him he didn't look impressive. But i know how it is easy to get the wrong impression. Everyone always said he was great, he puts up numbers, so i figured he was. I always felt they screwed up letting Brees go, even in the early days.

Atlantafan21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0