g-dawg

Tua Tagovailoa - Draft Stock - at what point?

126 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I think he was agreeing with you without even realizing it....:)

If drafting a QB in Rd 3-4, I would prefer Fromm over injury-prone Tua. I liked Jake better even before Tua broke down this season. 

No one is bigger UGA fan than me I have watched every one of Jake’s games - good college QB and kid with great character.  I just don’t see Jake as NFL QB.  Don’t think he is talented enough.  At least not a starter.

13 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I personally don’t believe he’s going to be a cornerstone franchise QB for a team long term.

Having said that, teams get desperate for QBs when they need one, and he’s one of the shiniest hood ornaments out there, surgery or no. He won’t last past the 10th pick, IMO. 

I will take that bet up to $100.

11 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Lol. H es not trash. 

There’s no point in getting into any discussion around here about QB comparisons in the SEC. Teams could have the second coming of John Elway and that’s team’s rivals would call him trash. :lol:

1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I bet he goes back to play his Senior year.. to try and re-establish himself as a first round pick

Not a chance.  First, his senior year will be spent rehabbing.  Second, Tua’s injury history isn’t going to get better and team’s already know he is a great player when healthy.  Not going to delay his pro career for a rehab year, then a redshirt senior year before getting paid - **** that!

No sir,  Tua may or may not declare but he won’t be playing for Bama again.  That window has closed.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

But I’m a UGA fan. And I think he is trash. 

Not every fanbase has all good fans.  Take you for instance.

papachaz likes this

3 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Depends on how far he drops yo...  Great deal in the 3rd.  He's a great kid, I'm in.

He would never drop to the 3rd in a million years. Tua is very talented and accomplished. His injury is not the career threatening one Bo Jackson had. I would be absolutely shocked if he got out of the first round. In fact he might even still go top 5.

HASHBROWN3 and TNFalcon1 like this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I will take that bet up to $100.

That Tua will go top 10? I'll make that bet. 

By the time the draft gets here, Tua will be a top 15 pick again. Everyone was freaked out because how uncommon the injury was but as he recovers teams will see his progress and fall back in love. From all accounts the surgery went great and he's expected to make a 100% recovery. Yeah, he'll need to redshirt at least half his rookie season but it won't be the first time a team took a QB high with no intention of him playing right away.

Flying Falcon and tactician like this

23 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

By the time the draft gets here, Tua will be a top 15 pick again. Everyone was freaked out because how uncommon the injury was but as he recovers teams will see his progress and fall back in love. From all accounts the surgery went great and he's expected to make a 100% recovery. Yeah, he'll need to redshirt at least half his rookie season but it won't be the first time a team took a QB high with no intention of him playing right away.

Try top 5. He is a special talent. Watch how Bama looks without Tua. Their offense is going to look like garbage.

Flying Falcon likes this

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

YES, I am making this Falcons related.    Falcons don’t need a QB anytime soon but no one is drafting this college phenom to play anytime soon.

How far will he fall in the draft?

I don’t see 1st round at all.  Will Tua be selected in 2nd round?  I don’t necessarily think he will be selected there either - he’s not likely to play at all in 2020.  NFL teams desperate for a starting QB immediately aren’t likely to take him.  

What say you?

Dolphins have 3 first round picks and a couple 2nd rounders. I believe they pull the trigger on one of those picks. 

They are more than 1 year away on their rebuild project.

Vandy likes this

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

No one is bigger UGA fan than me I have watched every one of Jake’s games - good college QB and kid with great character.  I just don’t see Jake as NFL QB.  Don’t think he is talented enough.  At least not a starter.

While I’m not.

He’s also been told He’s “not talented” all his life. He’s been a winner at every level. And I’ve seen this kid make plenty of big-time NFL caliber throws. 

Falcons don’t need To be spending a high draft pick yet on any QB, especially one who is injury prone. I’d be okay spending a 3rd on Fromm if still there. I’ve watched 

Chaz likes this

6 hours ago, tactician said:

He would never drop to the 3rd in a million years. Tua is very talented and accomplished. His injury is not the career threatening one Bo Jackson had. I would be absolutely shocked if he got out of the first round. In fact he might even still go top 5.

Highly doubt Tua is going top 5 with the injury he had. 

He won't be able to workout for the draft and will probably miss his entire rookie season. No one is gonna spend a top 5 pick on that.

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

Dolphins have 3 first round picks and a couple 2nd rounders. I believe they pull the trigger on one of those picks. 

They are more than 1 year away on their rebuild project.

If that's the case though, what would make the Dolphins draft a QB recovering from a major injury and spend money and time rehabbing him for his rookie year when they could just draft draft Burrow or Herbert or draft a healthy QB in 2021 with one of those multiple 1st round picks?

6 hours ago, tactician said:

Try top 5. He is a special talent. Watch how Bama looks without Tua. Their offense is going to look like garbage.

Tua suffered a bad right hip dislocation that caused him severe pain and couldn't move much of his right side before surgery.

He will miss draft workouts and more than likely his entire rookie year or more barring any setback.

No team will gamble a top 5 pick on that. Tua will fall in the draft, the question is how far.

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

And yet, you clicked on the thread and felt the need to come up with a sarcastic comment.

Hmmmmm....

What did you expect? This topic has been driven into the ground. 

ya_boi_j likes this