Refried Beans

Falcons Strength of Schedule

19 posts in this topic

Falcons have played a very tough schedule. Go back and look at it. Vikings at Vikings, Colts at Colts, Seahawks and Rams, Saints at Saints, Philly,  Panthers at Panthers, outside of Arizona and Tenn the Falcons have had a super tough Schedule first half and Tenn is 5-5. Then go look at Saints schedule and who they've played. 

Edited by Refried Beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Falcons have played a very tough schedule. Go back and look at it. Vikings at Vikings, Colts at Colts, Seahawks and Rams, Saints at Saints, Philly,  Panthers at Panthers, outside of Arizona and Tenn the Falcons have had a super tough Schedule first half and Tenn is 5-5. Then go look at Saints schedule and who they've played. 


Yeah, when the schedule first came out, I remember thinking, geeez we have our work cut out for us this year!!!  I just wish we could start all over, and play those first 8 games again.....with the way we're playing now, I think we'd have a much more favorable outcome to the season --- 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at San Fran, New Orleans, Baltimore schedules vs. Atlanta, Those are cup cake schedules compared to Falcons, no excuse for Falcons losing to Arizona or Tennessee but overall I guarantee you Falcons have played top 5 toughest schedule in football. Too bad Atlanta cant be like New England and play in a weak division every year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

S.O.S Means nothing to me. If you wanna win....win! It's a overrated stat or phrase

It means something when it comes to draft order since it's the tiebreaker that is used. Because of the Falcons S.O.S. they lose all the tiebreakers against the teams that finish with the same record as them come draft time. That's why even when they were 1-7 they were still projected to pick about 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Look at San Fran, New Orleans, Baltimore schedules vs. Atlanta, Those are cup cake schedules compared to Falcons, no excuse for Falcons losing to Arizona or Tennessee but overall I guarantee you Falcons have played top 5 toughest schedule in football. Too bad Atlanta cant be like New England and play in a weak division every year.  

It does happen sometimes beans.....Buff, miami, kick those behinds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It means something when it comes to draft order since it's the tiebreaker that is used. Because of the Falcons S.O.S. they lose all the tiebreakers against the teams that finish with the same record as them come draft time. That's why even when they were 1-7 they were still projected to pick about 6th.

Simple solution....WIN!

Refried Beans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Look at San Fran, New Orleans, Baltimore schedules vs. Atlanta, Those are cup cake schedules compared to Falcons, no excuse for Falcons losing to Arizona or Tennessee but overall I guarantee you Falcons have played top 5 toughest schedule in football. Too bad Atlanta cant be like New England and play in a weak division every year.  

I do agree it’s a tough schedule.  I thought that at very beginning as well.  Just think if we’d have handled our usiness w Arizona and Tennessee alone how much better our outlook would be rt now. 

Emmitt and Refried Beans like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It means something when it comes to draft order since it's the tiebreaker that is used. Because of the Falcons S.O.S. they lose all the tiebreakers against the teams that finish with the same record as them come draft time. That's why even when they were 1-7 they were still projected to pick about 6th.

So you're telling me we should be losers before we win? it's been since 1966 and we've had plenty of chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

So you're telling me we should be losers before we win? it's been since 1966 and we've had plenty of chances.

Where in the heIl did I ever say that? How in the crap did you even get that from my post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Where in the heIl did I ever say that? How in the crap did you even get that from my post?

I got it in being a Falcon's fan. You said draft?? Is that all we effin think about??? Right...you said we are losers. So we should wait it out with a Bogus draft pick from T.D......**** it up the next season again...repeat.  We should win!!!! S.O.S. DON'T MEAN PISS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

I got it in being a Falcon's fan. You said draft?? Is that all we effin think about??? Right...you said we are losers. So we should wait it out with a Bogus draft pick from T.D......**** it up the next season again...repeat.  We should win!!!! S.O.S. DON'T MEAN PISS!

I only mentioned the draft because it actually matters when it comes to draft order. That's the only thing it matters for. But you're suggesting that I'm a tanker and I absolutely ******* hate tanking!! That ******* pisses me off to no end you just ******* pissed me off by even suggesting that I'm a tanker and only care about the draft. Don't you ever ******* suggest that I'd rather lose for the draft than to win football games!! Never!!

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I only mentioned the draft because it actually matters when it comes to draft order. That's the only thing it matters for. But you're suggesting that I'm a tanker and I absolutely ******* hate tanking!! That ******* pisses me off to no end you just ******* pissed me off by even suggesting that I'm a tanker and only care about the draft. Don't you ever ******* suggest that I'd rather lose for the draft than to win football games!! Never!!

LOL. Dude, you are mad!!! Take a deep breath ....wait for it........IT'S A FAN FORUM.

Edited by *Old Pappy Falcon*
Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

I love ya man lol. You could never get me mad. I like you brother...always have lol. How are you?

I'm good. Really enjoyed the Falcons beatdown of the Saints and Panthers and can't wait to do it to the Bucs on Sunday. How are you doing?

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm good. Really enjoyed the Falcons beatdown of the Saints and Panthers and can't wait to do it to the Bucs on Sunday. How are you doing?

lol, me too! I'm hanging in brother. I'm upset like everyone else!!!! Lol, I'm going to work now....because this stuff between me and you was funny as ****. Love ya Dawg! Good to see ya!!!!!

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It means something when it comes to draft order since it's the tiebreaker that is used. Because of the Falcons S.O.S. they lose all the tiebreakers against the teams that finish with the same record as them come draft time. That's why even when they were 1-7 they were still projected to pick about 6th.

That's is a stupid metric. Should be straight lottery within schedule ties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now