2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

Quinn and the bigger picture

36 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Again how many other coaches have taken the Falcons to the Super Bowl?  Exactly

And then proceeded to make sports history by coaching a collapse of epic per potions.

9 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I say give him one more season with the expectation that we make the playoffs next season. . . .  playoffs or you're gone for certain. 

As much as I'm proud and Thankful for his coaching the first 4 years, This fan base is tired Dawg! I don't, and hopefully the majority don't wanna see more letdowns after that Loss. This dude has lost twice to them! 

You wanna really believe he can do it, but all jokes aside....that Superbowl crushed our hearts man! I seen a interview with Matt Ryan the following season saying, "Yeah, our guys in that locker room are tight, and we've forgot all about that."  Really????? Cuz I sure and millions of others haven't!!!!

I truly believe if he can let Beasley stand out of a game before the end.....We need a harder coach!!! An experienced Coach that don't take no BS.

I respect him, But I also think this team has outgrown him and hype videos, cliches and so on.

I gotta ask...Do you believe Belichump would put up with half the stuff we have? I don't.

Just now, Fernando C. said:

Lets keep this simple.. Quinn has to go ... we have talent and we should not be 3-7.. thats it... We need a Offensive Head Coach and we should keep Morris to run the Defense..  and also I think TD needs to go... to much of the same always...

I agree.

1 hour ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I credit that more to Kyle but the key phrase was “since the historic loss in the SB”.

Because we could also include the terrible season before the SB run.

Thing is Quinn was the reason KS came here they’d organised it between them before coming.

As for KS being the reason we went to the SB isn’t it.The same people who argue that were probably calling for his head the previous year.

Fans are fickle at the best of times.

3 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

As much as I'm proud and Thankful for his coaching the first 4 years, This fan base is tired Dawg! I don't, and hopefully the majority don't wanna see more letdowns after that Loss. This dude has lost twice to them! 

You wanna really believe he can do it, but all jokes aside....that Superbowl crushed our hearts man! I seen a interview with Matt Ryan the following season saying, "Yeah, our guys in that locker room are tight, and we've forgot all about that."  Really????? Cuz I sure and millions of others haven't!!!!

I truly believe if he can let Beasley stand out of a game before the end.....We need a harder coach!!! An experienced Coach that don't take no BS.

I respect him, But I also think this team has outgrown him and hype videos, cliches and so on.

I gotta ask...Do you believe Belichump would put up with half the stuff we have? I don't.

I understand you completely. I guess I was more of preparing for what I feel will be Blank's inevitable decision to keep Quinn, if this winning like this continues. I personally would not be sad to see him go so long as we hire a viable replacement. Some fans want continuity at the coaching staff, but I wouldn't want that at the risk of a continuity of suckage. 

One thing I never cared for in a coach was being a players coach. You aren't these players best friend. Lay down the law with an iron fist if necessary. People ask me how I know he doesn't do that behind closed doors. Kidding me? Because of the first half of the season. This is a different day and time, though, and a new generation in the NFL. The Brian Billicks, Bill Belichicks, Tom Coughlins, Bill Cowhers of yesteryear are no more. This is a new NFL to suit the new generation where you have to "be down" and "be one of the bruhs", but I digress.

Ryan saying the players were over that SB just as quick as the start of the next season is credible but unlikely. . . not the way that SB was lost. He's lying.

No BB would not put up with this mess, but BB is one of the last of a dying breed. You look at these mommas boys wrong and they get offended.

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

7 hours ago, vel said:

Yall did the same with Kyle after 2015, calling him a QB killer. 

Did the same to Sark, calling him a drunk and college OC. 

Begging for both back now. 

I don't think Alabama wants Sark either so it would be easy to get him back.  Kyle is doing great things in SF for now.  They seem to have cooled off quite a bit recently.  I like the offense now and the defense

vel likes this

7 hours ago, vel said:

Yall did the same with Kyle after 2015, calling him a QB killer. 

Did the same to Sark, calling him a drunk and college OC. 

Begging for both back now. 

I'm not begging for him. Dude was always 3rd and 20 running it lol.

3 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I understand you completely. I guess I was more of preparing for what I feel will be Blank's inevitable decision to keep Quinn, if this winning like this continues. I personally would not be sad to see him go so long as we hire a viable replacement. Some fans want continuity at the coaching staff, but I wouldn't want that at the risk of a continuity of suckage. 

One thing I never cared for in a coach was being a players coach. You aren't these players best friend. Lay down the law with an iron fist if necessary. People ask me how I know he doesn't do that behind closed doors. Kidding me? Because of the first half of the season. This is a different day and time, though, and a new generation in the NFL. The Brian Billicks, Bill Belichicks, Tom Coughlins, Bill Cowhers of yesteryear are no more. This is a new NFL to suit the new generation where you have to "be down" and "be one of the bruhs", but I digress.

Ryan saying the players were over that SB just as quick as the start of the next season is credible but unlikely. . . not the way that SB was lost. He's lying.

No BB would not put up with this mess, but BB is one of the last of a dying breed. You look at these mommas boys wrong and they get offended.

That is spot on it! I really hope we turn this thang around!!! It's like a slap to our face when I heard that BS. Then doing deals with the pats this and last year. Years ago...that wouldn't have happened.

Halcon-1 likes this

20 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I don't think we as fans are looking at Quinn's performance and whether or not he should keep his job the right way. Instead of taking a microscopic view and changing opinions on a game by game basis, we should look at overall performance. Since his historic loss in the SB, do you think Quinn's record and performance warrants him getting another season? I do not. I think he will forever have the stink of that SB loss on him and the team as a whole over the past 3 season is regressing instead of making progress.

I just don't think he'll keep his job