Should we promote Raheem to HC?

Osiruz

Seems like DQ and the falcons finally did something I've been asking for after a 1-4 start. They switched to the 4-3 with a 2 safety look after a disasterous start and as a result the atrocious dbs and Des are playing out of their mind. Obviously Raheem has his hands all over this defense and has them playing their best ball. With that in mind I think IMO Raheem should be retained as the HC after the season provided we can hire a very good WCO OC. What do yall think?

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No, he's where he needs to be. Raheem is coaching secondary and some play calling. This is still DQ's defense.

Except he runs it alot better. DQ was running a 5-2 single safety defense, but whatever RM is doing with the DBs is working its magic. Imo we need to find a way to keep him, hes a good football coach. 

9 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Except he runs it alot better. DQ was running a 5-2 single safety defense, but whatever RM is doing with the DBs is working its magic. Imo we need to find a way to keep him, hes a good football coach. 

Quinn tried something that he didn't have right pieces for and it blew up in his face. He's simply going back to his more 4-3 under roots, and allowing Ulbrich & Morris to handle play calling for him. This is still DQ defense. 

29 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Quinn tried something that he didn't have right pieces for and it blew up in his face. He's simply going back to his more 4-3 under roots, and allowing Ulbrich & Morris to handle play calling for him. This is still DQ defense. 

And he pissed away a half a season being stubborn and not changing up anything. And he was probably told to change things up even then. He singlehandedly killed this season. My opinion he should be on such a short leash that running the table is the only chance he saves his job. 

1 minute ago, Skott Lee said:

And he pissed away a half a season being stubborn and not changing up anything. And he was probably told to change things up even then. He singlehandedly killed this season. My opinion he should be on such a short leash that running the table is the only chance he saves his job. 

I think a 7-9 finish will suffice considering the hole being what it is/was. 

To be honest, coaching hasn't been our only downfall. Our kicking game has been atrocious and cost us a few games. Ryan was on pace to possibly break the interception record at one point. It was even a time where Vic looked like complete garbage. Oliver stayed out of position or getting burnt. 

I mentioned it in another thread, and you can say what you want, but at minimum, if we're currently 5-5(Colts & Cards), coupled with how dominant we have looked, then what's the narrative?

8 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

To be honest, coaching hasn't been our only downfall. Our kicking game has been atrocious and cost us a few games. Ryan was on pace to possibly break the interception record at one point. It was even a time where Vic looked like complete garbage. Oliver stayed out of position or getting burnt. 

I mentioned it in another thread, and you can say what you want, but at minimum, if we're currently 5-5(Colts & Cards), coupled with how dominant we have looked, then what's the narrative?

The narrative would be that we still have a legitimate shot at a playoff berth and for sure the division especially with all the division games left. And if the playoffs were attained, the hot team usually will make some noise.

However, Bill Parcells always said that you ARE what your record says you are. This is true for us this year. We are a 3-7 team. That’s pretty much accurate. 

The complete body of work should be what Quinn is judged on. Going 7-9 with a team capable of winning 11 games is underachieving and that’s on the head coach. And that’s two years in a row. Over the entire course of the season he doesn’t deserve to keep his job. 

Edited by Skott Lee

1 hour ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

This really hacks me rt here!  I agree, No re Raheem for moment but that DQ “tried”  anything on an NFL season.  Unbelievable........if that’s true he sb flogged publicly.   Unbelievable that a supposed nfl coach would “try” an unproven scheme during season.  It shb tried and scrapped during training camp if that be case.   That speaks worse for his judgement than anything I’ve heard.  

2 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

This doesn't look like Quinns defense. Quinn ran the 43 last year and the dbs looked horrible this team is playing more with 2 safety looks. 

52 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This really hacks me rt here!  I agree, No re Raheem for moment but that DQ “tried”  anything on an NFL season.  Unbelievable........if that’s true he sb flogged publicly.   Unbelievable that a supposed nfl coach would “try” an unproven scheme during season.  It shb tried and scrapped during training camp if that be case.   That speaks worse for his judgement than anything I’ve heard.  

I mean maybe it did look good in TC. Quinn tried to run a "tite" front. In theory, it kinda looks like a 5-2 front the way a few of the NFL teams that run it, are implementing it. It's very popular in the college ranks as it's a mean for stopping the run and playing the RPO offense.

Quinn's problem is that he really doesn't have the kind of athletes needed for said scheme. The 49ers & Packers run something similar, but they have the right guys on the D line to be effective.

Quinn really needed a Deforest Buckner type of 3-4 DE and better play from his SS to use the tite.

We're still running it somewhat, but we're definitely using more of a 4-3 look as well.

12 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

This doesn't look like Quinns defense. Quinn ran the 43 last year and the dbs looked horrible this team is playing more with 2 safety looks. 

We've always used 2 safety's. Against the Saints, Allen played a lot closer to LOS and the box. Kazee allows us to really play like cover 1 robber. Cover 1 robber was a big part of that Seattle defense back then.

The defense is just doing a good job showing a cover 2 look. We're still running cover 2 of course, but not as much you would think.

3 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

The change back to 4-3 under required the bye week IMO.  Same goes for Morris to DB coach since it required him giving up his duties as pass game coordinator.  These aren’t changes you make on the fly.  

Even so, Blank didn’t really want the changes made.  Quinn had to put a hard sell on Blank to make all the changes

No. What's happening now is the right formula for success, and needs to be expanded on. We're seeing the defense play well now, and it looks sustainable. The current setup is working. 

If the OL can get healthy, and with some more time in DK's system, then I see a high-powered offense for 2020. If the team can finish strong this year, then I'm all for DQ returning. I say this because a new system is likely to set this organization back by another year or two, and who wants that. Of course, if the team sinks back into crappy play this year, then DQ must go. 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

This is all recency bias. I mean, seriously, the base 4-3 is all 2 safety looks. This looks like Quinn's defense a lot more than anything we saw in the first 8 weeks. FFS, he didn't make his name running 5-2 with ugly Cover 6 on the back end. That was him trying to fix something with scheme that couldn't be fixed - players weren't doing their jobs. Period. People were acting like people "figured his defense out" and that's why we were struggling. Well, we're running that Seattle defense to perfection right now. Tons of Cover 3 press and Cover 1, and people love it. So why the shift? Why is it suddenly not Quinn's defense? Because of the shift in playcalling duties? Man, I bet Pete Carroll is disappointed knowing he doesn't get a lick of credit for his defenses since he never called plays.

2 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

The narrative would be that we still have a legitimate shot at a playoff berth and for sure the division especially with all the division games left. And if the playoffs were attained, the hot team usually will make some noise.

However, Bill Parcells always said that you ARE what your record says you are. This is true for us this year. We are a 3-7 team. That’s pretty much accurate. 

The complete body of work should be what Quinn is judged on. Going 7-9 with a team capable of winning 11 games is underachieving and that’s on the head coach. And that’s two years in a row. Over the entire course of the season he doesn’t deserve to keep his job. 

You're absolutely right. We're a 3-7 team. Usually a 3-7 is either devoid of talent, poorly coached, not executing, or injury riddled. In our case, we've seen 3 of the 4.

We have talent. We've had a few injuries with Neal, Tru, & Lindstrom going down early. Now Free & Hooper are missing time. We've been poorly coached, and not executing up until the 2nd half of the Seattle game.

Keep in mind, we were a 1-7 team 2 weeks ago though, and that's when we started seeing a completely different team. Which suggests that if we continue this recent trend, then we're certainly a better team than what our current 3-7 record suggests.

8 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This is all recency bias. I mean, seriously, the base 4-3 is all 2 safety looks. This looks like Quinn's defense a lot more than anything we saw in the first 8 weeks. FFS, he didn't make his name running 5-2 with ugly Cover 6 on the back end. That was him trying to fix something with scheme that couldn't be fixed - players weren't doing their jobs. Period. People were acting like people "figured his defense out" and that's why we were struggling. Well, we're running that Seattle defense to perfection right now. Tons of Cover 3 press and Cover 1, and people love it. So why the shift? Why is it suddenly not Quinn's defense? Because of the shift in playcalling duties? Man, I bet Pete Carroll is disappointed knowing he doesn't get a lick of credit for his defenses since he never called plays.

Egg-xactly. DQ is delegating like any good HC would and should do. People are caught up in the whole Offensive minded HC holding a sheet and calling plays crap. 

27 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

They don't want to hear it. It doesn't fit their narrative and agenda. 

3 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Almost all of which comes back to coaching.