ike barn87987

If DQ stays what about TD?

197 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It all comes down to consistency and for me this starts at the top.As mentioned earlier how can this team go away to NO & Carolina win convincingly if the team wasn’t talented.

For me this is why DQs position is no longer tenable he’s had this issue from the jump every year he’s been here.

His teams aren’t disciplined another huge issue.Give up penalties for me these are hindering issues that just haven’t improved.

His OC decisions over the last 3 years are train wrecks if we look at the body of work.Still no consistent run threat.But for me the put players in a position to succeed is his biggest fail.

I agree with all of the issues that you pointed out regarding DQ, but I don't think the 2 wins against N.O. & CAR. prove that we are talented.  I mean I guess you could say that all 32 NFL teams are talented, but we have to define what we mean by talented.  The point that I am again making is that our team does not have the same talent from top to bottom that the top-tier teams have.  By top-tier I am referring to teams like NE, NO, BAL.  Even if you go down a tier to teams like SEA, MN, KC, we are not even on the talent level that those teams are.  Sure we have dominate players like Julio & Grady, but if you look at the full 53 man roster we are not up there with the good teams when it comes to talent.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

32 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

I agree with all of the issues that you pointed out regarding DQ, but I don't think the 2 wins against N.O. & CAR. prove that we are talented.  I mean I guess you could say that all 32 NFL teams are talented, but we have to define what we mean by talented.  The point that I am again making is that our team does not have the same talent from top to bottom that the top-tier teams have.  By top-tier I am referring to teams like NE, NO, BAL.  Even if you go down a tier to teams like SEA, MN, KC, we are not even on the talent level that those teams are.  Sure we have dominate players like Julio & Grady, but if you look at the full 53 man roster we are not up there with the good teams when it comes to talent.

Our record suggest what you suggest but I believe a big reason for it is the mismanagement of the talent to me that’s why it doesn’t suggest we are as good as the teams mentioned across the board.

Id suggest if this offense had a guy who actually used the talent to its potential we’d be every bit as good as the teams you mentioned.

But since we aren’t disciplined and are inconsistent this magnifies thee above and why our team is either rocks or diamonds.

MSalmon likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Our record suggest what you suggest but I believe a big reason for it is the mismanagement of the talent to me that’s why it doesn’t suggest we are as good as the teams mentioned across the board.

Id suggest if this offense had a guy who actually used the talent to its potential we’d be every bit as good as the teams you mentioned.

But since we aren’t disciplined and are inconsistent this magnifies thee above and why our team is either rocks or diamonds.

You gotta have protection to let Julio, Ridley, and Hooper do their thing.   Again, look at the top tier talent teams in the NFL, all of them have dominant offensive lines.  TD has had a decade+ and he has shown that he absolutely cannot put together a dominant OL.

6 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

You gotta have protection to let Julio, Ridley, and Hooper do their thing.   Again, look at the top tier talent teams in the NFL, all of them have dominant offensive lines.  TD has had a decade+ and he has shown that he absolutely cannot put together a dominant OL.

We saw it today Koetter mismanaging his offense.His oline was getting beat and this guy still pass pass and more pass no running no quick hitting throws no screens to keep the pass rush off balance.Nothing to try and slow the mentioned down.

Miss managed run game inconsistent all year.When he does run even early in the year with good blocking Wrers like Sanu and Julio this guys pounding it between the Gs.

This is what I mean by not allowing talent to flourish.Predictable 1 trick pony our OC when he gets behind.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

We saw it today Koetter mismanaging his offense.His oline was getting beat and this guy still pass pass and more pass no running no quick hitting throws no screens to keep the pass rush off balance.Nothing to try and slow the mentioned down.

Miss managed run game inconsistent all year.When he does run even early in the year with good blocking Wrers like Sanu and Julio this guys pounding it between the Gs.

This what I mean.

The short passes we tried today were getting blown up by Tampa Bay's DB's.  Their young DB's who I have never even heard of before today handled our WR's, gotta give them props.  With a few exceptions they were shutting down the short pass game and the deep pass game.  As far as the running game goes you have to have to dominant, or at least 'good' OL to run the ball.   Koetter definitely gets a little pass-happy with his play calling, but I don't care who was calling plays for this offense we would not be able to run the ball with effectiveness with our current OL or any TD OL for that matter.

Edited by ATL_666

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I blv what Kiwi is saying has a lot of merit. This team just has no identity except Schizophrenia and appears to be u focused in many cases.  Those are a reflection of manage the or lack of.  I’m not saying we don’t need better evaluators but this staff would mismanage Brady and co it seems.  

kiwifalcon likes this

5 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

The short passes we tried today were getting blown up by Tampa Bay's DB's.  Their young DB's who I have never even heard of before today handled our WR's, gotta give them props.  With a few exceptions they were shutting down the short pass game and the deep pass game.  As far as the running game goes you have to have to dominant, or at least 'good' OL to run the ball.   Koetter definitely gets a little pass-happy with his play calling, but I don't care who was calling plays for this offense we would not be able to run the ball with effectiveness with our current OL or and TD OL for that matter.

Not just today it’s been like this all year.

How many outside zone runs today?

Koetter is same old he’s predictable his game plans aren’t adaptable and get even more exposed when the team falls behind.

How can you have one of the best offensive weapons in football but when he plays in this offense looks like just another joe.

Julio has shredded the Bucs over the years but for today and many games this year he’s looked like a ghost.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Not just today it’s been like this all year.

How many outside zone runs today?

Koetter is same old he’s predictable his game plans aren’t adaptable and get even more exposed when the team falls behind.

How can you have one of the best offensive weapons in football but when he plays in this offense looks like just another joe.

Julio has shredded the Bucs over the years but for today he looked like a ghost.

I'm not defending Koetter, Koetter's gotta go.  What I am saying is the in addition to DQ and Koetter going, TD has got to go.

Just now, ATL_666 said:

I'm not defending Koetter, Koetter's gotta go.  What I am saying is the in addition to DQ and Koetter going, TD has got to go.

Could well be.

I know for sure I’ve seen enough from Koetter & Quinn especially if TD is lumbered in on the back of the failed product so be it.

Whens Blank seen enough.

3 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I blv what Kiwi is saying has a lot of merit. This team just has no identity except Schizophrenia and appears to be u focused in many cases.  Those are a reflection of manage the or lack of.  I’m not saying we don’t need better evaluators but this staff would mismanage Brady and co it seems.  

I am not defending DQ or Koetter, but TD has absolutely got to go.  How can you be a NFL GM and not able to produce a good DL or OL in a decade plus?  I do not give TD credit for 2016 OL because that line got a bump from Alex Mack & Chris Chester both of whom were former Shannahan players that he heavily pushed to bring in because they were familiar with his system.

1 minute ago, ATL_666 said:

I am not defending DQ or Koetter, but TD has absolutely got to go.  How can you be a NFL GM and not able to produce a good DL or OL in a decade plus?  I do not give TD credit for 2016 OL because that line got a bump from Alex Mack & Chris Chester both of whom were former Shannahan players that he heavily pushed to bring in because they were familiar with his system.

If he was this bad at what you say how is it he’s been a GM for over a decade with one team.

i don’t buy that line of thinking.What I will say we’ve tried multiple management structures to maximise team success.

It hasn’t worked that’s why I’d be moving on from him.

2 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

I agree.  We need a total cleaning of the house.  Then call in a priest to exercise remaining demons.  Make McKay’s office a cpl miles downriver road so he has no further input Then go hire some pros. 

ATL_666 likes this

Let’s just call it what it is. The only one on this OL that’s good is Mack. And he is even declining a little. But that’s understandable. Matthews is a joke and I can’t understand why they traded up for McGary. The only other person that might actually be good is Lindstrom. TD has to go. Period. Koetter or no other OC can do anything with this OL. It’s time to clean house and stop playing.

TD can help DQ move and stay!  I’m done listening to and looking at the same garbage.  We need to come to grips w fact this franchise has overall historically been trash and demand a legit NFL org from top down.  Fire the water boy, fire all the secretaries, janitors, the dude mowing the grass, get rid of this stupid new age “remind me we’re chokers” uniform.   I’d just as soon dig up Marion Campbell and dan Henning as look at any of these pretenders again.  If your gonna stay this lousy for another 50+ use all that PSL $ to pay NFL not to televise our sorriness to save the fans and city the embarrassment.  

We don't have anymore time with this crew...it's over!!!!!! They are done, finished! The look of defeat disgust me!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On 11/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Coaching has clearly let this 2019 roster down. We had a much better offseason entering this year than entering 2018; even according to some notorious anti-TD guys. That 2018 was off 2 consecutive playoff runs; where ...wait for it... COACHING prevented the Falcons from their FIRST and ONLY SB trophy.

We make a few adjustments finally on defense during Bye week and what? Completely shut down the Saints and Panthers in their place.

I’m not blaming 2019 on TD.

How you can frame 2013 and 2014 with DQ era Falcons is dishonest to the team since 2015 rebuild/era.

We already know what the offense can do with good coaching.

This team has a coaching issue not a GM problem, at least as of late.

TD is a top 10 GM. Replace him if it’s a clear upgrade; otherwise this is evaluation for DQ right now. We’ve still failed to adequately replace Shanahan, too.

The last 2 weeks haven’t erased the coaching failures of 2019. DQ is still likely replaced by an offensive minded HC without running the table. (Even tho for the record, I’d like to have continuity and simply a better OC next year)

so who's the name of these new torias anti TD guys

On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, Ergo Proxy said:

OK so even when you are trying to sound positive or give some credit, it’s really backhanded and you don’t mean it?

Come on man. Both rookie first rounders were set back due to injury. How is that on the GM?

Sheffield looks like a baller and HR so far. That would be 3 longterm starters first 3 picks and it’s merely half a season down...

you know it coming he will panic and move up for injury-prone player every time.  I really get irritated with people viciously attacking in previous GM's of the falcons they ain't that bad.  you do realize we ran the running shoot today  Dan reeves  got here,

9 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Let’s just call it what it is. The only one on this OL that’s good is Mack. And he is even declining a little. But that’s understandable. Matthews is a joke and I can’t understand why they traded up for McGary. The only other person that might actually be good is Lindstrom. TD has to go. Period. Koetter or no other OC can do anything with this OL. It’s time to clean house and stop playing.

I disagree in that I think a good OC can scheme around a bad O-Line and a great one can make them look more than just competent. Conversely a bad OC has the opposite effect.

Just look at what Kyle Shanahan did when he was here with pretty much the same personnel - Jake Matthews and Ryan Schrader owe a lot to Kyle. He's doing the same now with guys like Weston Richburg, Mike Person and Daniel Brunskill.

Cole World and kiwifalcon like this

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is what I mean by not allowing talent to flourish.Predictable 1 trick pony our OC when he gets behind.

I watched one route develop 8 seconds. That’s a looong time to ask an OL to pass protect. It was strange how DK didn’t just pound the ball even for no game, just to put pass rushers on their heel. Even more strange is how we opened with that beautiful play to TE graham yet did t go back to that well. Graham saw 2 targets period. 
only 8 rushes by Ollison was disturbing as well. I get rbbc but I don’t get the constant switch out, how can any power runner develop a rhythm?

kiwifalcon and Smiler11 like this

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I watched one route develop 8 seconds. That’s a looong time to ask an OL to pass protect. It was strange how DK didn’t just pound the ball even for no game, just to put pass rushers on their heel. Even more strange is how we opened with that beautiful play to TE graham yet did t go back to that well. Graham saw 2 targets period. 
only 8 rushes by Ollison was disturbing as well. I get rbbc but I don’t get the constant switch out, how can any power runner develop a rhythm?

I understand him completely if we don’t show much effectiveness early running the pig skin this guy just reverts back to what he knows.Being behind magnifies it even more.

I actually thought the defense played pretty decent in the first half the offense just never took there opportunities.If we punch both those INT TOers in maybe the results different.

Tampa have a decent front but so do Carolina and NO but we still stuck with trying to move the ball why he didn’t do it this week god knows.I don’t trust him and neither should any of the faithful.

MSalmon likes this

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I disagree in that I think a good OC can scheme around a bad O-Line and a great one can make them look more than just competent. Conversely a bad OC has the opposite effect.

Just look at what Kyle Shanahan did when he was here with pretty much the same personnel - Jake Matthews and Ryan Schrader owe a lot to Kyle. He's doing the same now with guys like Weston Richburg, Mike Person and Daniel Brunskill.

KS pulled his LT last night and ther up to about there 3rd LT this year.

Yet he passes out of run looks rolls his QB out to pull him away from the rush.Theres plenty of things like you say you can do to protect your QB.

Our guy drops Ryan straight back for the most part won’t commit or stick to the run and lets Ryan become and easy target.Almost makes me think DK thinks Ryan is Jameis Winston and coach’s accordingly.

DK equals 1 trick pony.

Smiler11 and Cole World like this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

KS pulled his LT last night and ther up to about there 3rd LT this year.

Yet he passes out of run looks rolls his QB out to pull him away from the rush.Theres plenty of things like you say you can do to protect your QB.

Our guy drops Ryan straight back for the most part won’t commit or stick to the run and lets Ryan become and easy target.Almost makes me think DK thinks Ryan is Jameis Winston and coach’s accordingly.

DK equals 1 trick pony.

Being the most unbalanced offense in the league with some of the longest developing routes is a recipe for disaster - especially of you're an O-lineman. I didn't like the hire at the time and he's actually been even worse than I expected - I thought he might actually try to establish the run like his first year coordinating in Tampa.

The fact that Matt Ryan has had 10 years of Mularky, Koetter and Sark as an OC is a travesty. 

Cole World and kiwifalcon like this