ike barn87987

If DQ stays what about TD?

197 posts in this topic

Coaching has clearly let this 2019 roster down. We had a much better offseason entering this year than entering 2018; even according to some notorious anti-TD guys. That 2018 was off 2 consecutive playoff runs; where ...wait for it... COACHING prevented the Falcons from their FIRST and ONLY SB trophy.

We make a few adjustments finally on defense during Bye week and what? Completely shut down the Saints and Panthers in their place.

I’m not blaming 2019 on TD.

How you can frame 2013 and 2014 with DQ era Falcons is dishonest to the team since 2015 rebuild/era.

We already know what the offense can do with good coaching.

This team has a coaching issue not a GM problem, at least as of late.

TD is a top 10 GM. Replace him if it’s a clear upgrade; otherwise this is evaluation for DQ right now. We’ve still failed to adequately replace Shanahan, too.

The last 2 weeks haven’t erased the coaching failures of 2019. DQ is still likely replaced by an offensive minded HC without running the table. (Even tho for the record, I’d like to have continuity and simply a better OC next year)

Edited by Ergo Proxy
kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Coaching has clearly let this 2019 roster down. We had a much better offseason entering this year than entering 2018. That was off 2 consecutive playoff runs.

We make a few adjustments finally on defense and what? Completely shut down the Saints and Panthers in their place.

How you can frame 2013 and 2014 with DQ era Falcons is dishonest to the team since 2016.

TD is a top 10 GM. Replace him if it’s a clear upgrade; otherwise this is evaluation for DQ right now. We’ve still failed to adequately replace Shanahan, too.

The last 2 weeks haven’t erased the coaching failures of 2019. DQ is still likely replaced by an offensive minded HC without running the table.

Well the owner hired the coach for his puppet GM. He’s only here because Quinn said he could coexist with him. Should have been fired long before Smitty.

ike barn87987 likes this

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well the owner hired the coach for his puppet GM. He’s only here because Quinn said he could coexist with him. Should have been fired long before Smitty.

...but the same coach is muddying a roster as “bad” because he isn’t doing his job?

DQ as a HC might be alright but he hasn’t gotten a D to show up. Is this finally it? After the season is down to 1% playoff chance? 

TD had a heck of an offseason. You said that as much yourself. After stumbling to 1-7, DQ finally gets the sense to help his drowning secondary? And abandons the 3-4 nonsense and suddenly we got a vastly improved D?

TD ain’t perfect but he isn’t bottom tier or even average. Upper 3rd is a fair evaluation. DQ hasn’t gotten stability to DC or OC. And, it’s to be expected OC has high overturn in the NFL these days...still doesn’t excuse what’s being defined as a major coaching letdown first half of 2019...

What’s the point in firing TD over mistakes made over 5 years ago?

If we can upgrade him with a clear upgrade, do it. Otherwise, it can get MUCH worse than TD.

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

23 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

...but the same coach is muddying a roster as “bad” because he isn’t doing his job?

DQ as a HC might be alright but he hasn’t gotten a D to show up. Is this finally it? After the season is down to 1% playoff chance? 

TD had a heck of an offseason. You said that as much yourself. After stumbling to 1-7, DQ finally gets the sense to help his drowning secondary? And abandons the 3-4 nonsense and suddenly we got a vastly improved D?

TD ain’t perfect but he isn’t bottom tier or even average. Upper 3rd is a fair evaluation. DQ hasn’t gotten stability to DC or OC. And, it’s to be expected OC has high overturn in the NFL these days...still doesn’t excuse what’s being defined as a major coaching letdown first half of 2019...

What’s the point in firing TD over mistakes made over 5 years ago?

If we can upgrade him with a clear upgrade, do it. Otherwise, it can get MUCH worse than TD.

I don't recall saying Dimi had a good offseason. I do recall saying I like the fact he double dipped at OL and CB in the draft but also recall saying I would have double dipped different players. None of his picks that got snaps even hit a 60.0 PFF score.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I don't recall saying Dimi had a good offseason. I do recall saying I like the fact he double dipped at OL and CB in the draft but also recall saying I would have double dipped different players. None of his picks that got snaps even hit a 60.0 PFF score.

So now stats matter Hahahaha.

Except the one that is 105 odd and 80 lol.

But all of a sudden PFF is the new guide is it lol.

Keep digging the hole battler.

Schwarzwald likes this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

More made up ****e even Quinn said he was one of the reasons he came here.Coexist lol that hole your digging must be awfully dark down there.

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Coaching has clearly let this 2019 roster down. We had a much better offseason entering this year than entering 2018; even according to some notorious anti-TD guys. That 2018 was off 2 consecutive playoff runs; where ...wait for it... COACHING prevented the Falcons from their FIRST and ONLY SB trophy.

We make a few adjustments finally on defense during Bye week and what? Completely shut down the Saints and Panthers in their place.

How you can frame 2013 and 2014 with DQ era Falcons is dishonest to the team since 2015 rebuild/era.

The last 2 weeks haven’t erased the coaching failures of 2019. DQ is still likely replaced by an offensive minded HC without running the table. (Even tho for the record, I’d like to have continuity and simply a better OC next year)

Spot on truth.

Schwarzwald likes this

22 hours ago, MAD597 said:

It's even worse when you look at OL and DL. He has only hit on Grady and Matthews as far as OL and DL combined in the draft for the last 11 years.

2 trench players panned out in 11 freaking years in the draft. That single weakness should get TD fired.

UDFA Ryan Schraeder was one of top RT in NFL for a few seasons. 

Geneaut and Schwarzwald like this

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK so even when you are trying to sound positive or give some credit, it’s really backhanded and you don’t mean it?

Come on man. Both rookie first rounders were set back due to injury. How is that on the GM?

Sheffield looks like a baller and HR so far. That would be 3 longterm starters first 3 picks and it’s merely half a season down...

kiwifalcon likes this

9 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

What if we kept ulbrich and Morris as Co DC and hire offensive HC

Yea unlikely but I would prefer that, Quinn and Td need to go, we need a new person to evaluate our roster and prioritize the trenches and actually be good enough to pick players on the trenches that pan out.

Just now, MAD597 said:

Yea unlikely but I would prefer that, Quinn and Td need to go, we need a new person to evaluate our roster and prioritize the tenches and actually be good enough to pick players on the trenches that pan out.

Reggie mckenzie gm and McCarthy as HC

On 11/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

There have only been 11 offensive linemen drafted since TD.

2017 4 Sean Harlow 136 G 2019 0 0 0 0 1                           Oregon St.
2016 6 Wes Schweitzer 195 G 2019 0 0 2 16 40                           San Jose St.
2015 7 Jake Rodgers 225 T 2019 0 0 0 0 8                           East. Washington
2014 1 Jake Matthews 6 T 2019 0 1 6 46 89                           Texas A&M
2012 2 Peter Konz 55 C 2014 0 0 2 16 39                           Wisconsin
2012 3 Lamar Holmes 91 T 2014 0 0 1 10 21                           Southern Miss
2011 7 Andrew Jackson 210 OL 2012 0 0 0 0                             Fresno St.
2010 3 Mike Johnson 98 G 2014 0 0 0 2 18                 1 1 1     Alabama
2010 4 Joe Hawley 117 C 2017 0 0 3 26 91                 0 0 0     UNLV
2009 5 Garrett Reynolds 156 T 2016 0 0 1 18 67                           North Carolina
2008 1 Sam Baker 21 T 2014 0 0 3 32 75                           USC

2x 4th, a 5th, a 6th, and 2x 7th rounders lumped in there. Yes, the Konz and Holmes draft set us back, but quit pretending TD is out here picking failed offensive linemen year after year. The one time he made a high round investment in the OL landed us Matthews.

Lawd have mercy. Do you think that was a good run?

On 11/21/2019 at 2:26 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:
2009 1 Peria Jerry 24 DT 2013 0 0 2 14 64                         5.5 Mississippi
2015 1 Vic Beasley 8 OLB 2019 1 1 5 27 72                       1 33.5 Clemson
2017 1 Takkarist McKinley 26 DE 2019 0 0 2 6 41                         14.5 UCLA
2014 2 Ra'Shede Hageman 37 DT 2016 0 0 1 8 44                         4.0 Minnesota
2010 3 Corey Peters 83 DT 2019 0 0 7 39 124                       1 17.0 Kentucky
2018 3 Deadrin Senat 90 DT 2018 0 0 0 2 15                           South Florida
2009 4 Lawrence Sidbury 125 DE 2015 0 0 0 5 50                         5.0 Richmond
2013 4 Malliciah Goodman 127 DE 2016 0 0 1 5 37                           Clemson
2012 5 Jonathan Massaquoi 164 DE 2014 0 0 0 6 39                         6.0 Troy
2013 5 Stansly Maponga 153 DE 2015 0 0 0 2 26                         1.0 TCU
2015 5 Grady Jarrett 137 NT 2019 0 0 4 21 71                         19.5 Clemson
2009 7 Vance Walker 210 DT 2015 0 0 1 20 104                         12.0 Georgia Tech
2011 7 Cliff Matthews 230 DE 2016 0 0 0 3 35                           South Carolina
2012 7 Travian Robertson 249 DT 2014 0 0 0 1 14                           South Carolina

Here's the DLmen. Again, not nearly as bad as made out to be. Jerry had his career derailed by a debilitating injury. You cannot plan for that. Beasley isn't what we wanted him to be, but his play helped us get to a super bowl. He isn't a bust, but he hasn't been worth his draft spot either, although he leads that draft class in sacks. Jury still out on Takk. Hageman was a nut case. Again, hard to fault anybody for that one. Everybody wants us to bypass the Falcon Filter til it burns us. Corey Peters was a great find in the 3rd and has had a good, long NFL career. We all know about Grady in the 5th. The rest is 2x 4th rounders and 3x 7th rounders who have an extremely low percentage of panning out.                                                

That ain't good either. Not for 12 years. Starting to believe yall's standards are pretty low.

13 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

So now stats matter Hahahaha.

Except the one that is 105 odd and 80 lol.

But all of a sudden PFF is the new guide is it lol.

Keep digging the hole battler.

Bro. Why you keep grading Dimi against past Falcon GMs? His best run was with the players he inherited from past GMs. What would he have done from 2008-2012 without Abe, Roddy, Grimes, Ovie, Mud Duck, Babineaux, Clabo, Dahl, Blalock, Nic, Snelling, Weiner, Brooking, Boley, Milloy, Norwood, Chauncey, Fin, Jenkins and Weems?

Screw PFF. Fact is buddy struggled replacing those players and got his duties stripped away. Been a puppet ever since. Should have been fired. He's under .500 with only two playoff berths in the last seven seasons. Sittin at 3-7 on November 22, 2019 and you still nutt huggin? OK. Keep your head in the sand. You may eventually find an egg.

It will never stop being LOL how aggressively some posters want to show other people how little they know about the league in general. 

Not only is their analysis wanting....they want us to know how little they know. 

Breathtaking. 

10 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It will never stop being LOL how aggressively some posters want to show other people how little they know about the league in general. 

Not only is their analysis wanting....they want us to know how little they know. 

Breathtaking. 

Totally agree. Where is your like button? JD and Crunk have one. What’s up with that?

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro. Why you keep grading Dimi against past Falcon GMs? His best run was with the players he inherited from past GMs. What would he have done from 2008-2012 without Abe, Roddy, Grimes, Ovie, Mud Duck, Babineaux, Clabo, Dahl, Blalock, Nic, Snelling, Weiner, Brooking, Boley, Milloy, Norwood, Chauncey, Fin, Jenkins and Weems?

Screw PFF. Fact is buddy struggled replacing those players and got his duties stripped away. Been a puppet ever since. Should have been fired. He's under .500 with only two playoff berths in the last seven seasons. Sittin at 3-7 on November 22, 2019 and you still nutt huggin? OK. Keep your head in the sand. You may eventually find an egg.

Inherited what,what did he inherit.

He had no coaches no QB the franchise was an absolute mess and you in your small mindedness continue to say TDs early success was predicated on the players that were left.

Are you farken out of your mind.

Not only are you wrong it’s the stupidest most inept comment I’ve seen from you in ages.

All TD inherited was probably one of thee most troubled franchises in the league and turned it around in a short time.

He inherited nothing and turned nothing into something.

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Inherited what,what did he inherit.

He had no coaches no QB the franchise was an absolute mess and you in your small mindedness continue to say TDs early success was predicated on the players that were left.

Are you farken out of your mind.

Not only are you wrong it’s the stupidest most inept comment I’ve seen from you in ages.

All TD inherited was probably one of thee most troubled franchises in the league and turned it around in a short time.

He inherited nothing and turned nothing into something.

I’ve finally realized I can’t help you. Good luck bro. Appreciate the down under fandom though. You definitely in the brotherhood.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That's it.

I can't take your asinine, ignorant, goalpost moving, stupidity any more.

I always swore I wouldn't ever put anyone on the ignore list.

I suppose you can claim being so moronically and persistently stupid to finally annoy me to this point as some sort of "victory"

I have no problem with negativity. I have no problem with criticism. I am ambivalent about TD; a case can be made for him to stay or to be fired. But your nonsensical, illogical pathetic excuse for "reasoning" is just beyond buttmonkey stupid.

/ignore

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

That's it.

I can't take your asinine, ignorant, goalpost moving, stupidity any more.

I always swore I wouldn't ever put anyone on the ignore list.

I suppose you can claim being so moronically and persistently stupid to finally annoy me to this point as some sort of "victory"

I have no problem with negativity. I have no problem with criticism. I am ambivalent about TD; a case can be made for him to stay or to be fired. But your nonsensical, illogical pathetic excuse for "reasoning" is just beyond buttmonkey stupid.

/ignore

Please put me on ignore. See ya!

How can anyone trash TD for following up 2007 and framing THAT as “a good inheritance”?

It’s one of THE worst situations ever walked into by a new GM.

Franchise QB goes to federal prison. HC quit on the team mid-season. An ok OL that was missing a LT, a RB, TE, or WR depth? Defense wasn’t much of nothing then either.

kiwifalcon likes this

11 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

How can anyone trash TD for following up 2007 and framing THAT as “a good inheritance”?

It’s one of THE worst situations ever walked into by a new GM.

Franchise QB goes to federal prison. HC quit on the team mid-season. An ok OL that was missing a LT, a RB, TE, or WR depth? Defense wasn’t much of nothing then either.

You livin in the past too?

Under .500 the last seven years with only 2 of 7 playoff berths?

3-7 on 11/22/19?

A negative 2020 cap table with 20-30 decent players under contract?

State Line. 

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You livin in the past too? Under .500 the last seven years with only 2 of 7 playoff berths? 3-7 on 11/22/19? State Line. 

Your telling everyone that TD inherited a roster that was the reason for success in 2008 onwards which is wrong.

Now thee only thing you have is a record that’s shot because of what Ergo mentioned with regards to coaching and injury the last 2 years.

What is it no other GM in Falcon history is close so you basically just put up your stats that keep you happy without looking at the full picture.

TDs overall won’t be judged by his down falls but his full body of work you refuse to see that and here in lies the issue.

As for grading TD on his past what is it that you are exactly doing.Your doing exactly the samething lol.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You livin in the past too?

Under .500 the last seven years with only 2 of 7 playoff berths?

3-7 on 11/22/19?

State Line. 

Moving the posts?

Is living in the past kinda like using 2013 and 2014 season results to skew DQ era Falcons?manning.jpg.f9279c687547fcff2cc8d4c940041a1f.jpg

Serious question. Was this roster good enough to perform like it has the past 2 weeks before coaching shuffle or it’s just smoke and mirrors?

kiwifalcon likes this