ike barn87987

If DQ stays what about TD?

197 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Dimi made his bones on the back of Reeves' and McKay's players. Went 56-24 with em. When it was time to replace em he went on an 18-30 (.375) run that is currently running at 49-57 (.462) with only 2 out of 7 playoff berths. Sand games.

Here’s two sets of numbers:

McKay was 30-34 from 04-07, only one winning season and zero SB appearances

Reeves 1997-2003 was 49-59, only 2 winning seasons and 1 SB appearance 

So are you trying to say TD knew how to make other GM’s picks better? 

Nah, you’re being a deceitful sht and not telling truisms such as over a four year period the roster construction  and HC selection by McKay was shoddy at best

And Reeves the GM was terrible (case one point: WTF is a Jon Ollinger) and quite a bit overrated as a HC. Not too mention he loved shiny hood things. Remember Mike Vick for LT and Drew Brees trade? Here’s a classic bad Reeves draft https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Atlanta_Falcons_season

heres Reeve’s last draft https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Atlanta_Falcons_season

McKay’s drafts were a bit of a joke as well. Remember this loveku

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Atlanta_Falcons_season ironically, we traded McKays first pick MeShawn Hall to kickstart our rebuild. Roddy was the best McKay Pick probably 

Amd you’re ignoring that TD has overhauled the roster many times—there was not a huge amount of McKay, much less Reeves (how many reeves were there, Brooking and McClure ?) so that’s a bald faced lie. you left out how the team was in shambles post-Vick and pigtrino

your revisionist history and surly trollness is fun at times, but can you stop with the outright horsesht? It might impress the youngsters, but it’s not truthful, indicative of your actual great football brain and disturbing.

You don’t need rest.

You need help.

falconsd56, kiwifalcon and Geneaut like this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Nah, you’re being a deceitful sht and not telling truisms such as over a four year period the roster construction  and HC selection by McKay was shoddy at best

And Reeves the GM was terrible (case one point: WTF is a Jon Ollinger) and quite a bit overrated as a HC. Not too mention he loved shiny hood things. Remember Mike Vick for LT and Drew Brees trade? Here’s a classic bad Reeves draft https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Atlanta_Falcons_season

heres Reeve’s last draft https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Atlanta_Falcons_season

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Atlanta_Falcons_season ironically, we traded McKays first pick MeShawn Hall to kickstart our rebuild. Roddy was the best McKay Pick probably 

Amd you’re ignoring that TD has overhauled the roster many times—there was not a huge amount of McKay, much less Reeves (how many reeves were there, Brooking and McClure ?) so that’s a bald faced lie. you left out how the team was in shambles post-Vick and pigtrino

your revisionist history and surly trollness is fun at times, but can you stop with the outright horsesht? It might impress the youngsters, but it’s not truthful, indicative of your actual great football brain and disturbing.

You don’t need rest.

You need help.

But Dan Reeves did more with less talent than any Coach I've ever seen.. If he had the talent we have now.. Dan would be unstoppable.  At that time we had the cheapest owners in the NFL period ! That's a fact ..  If Reeves would have had the talent we have now.. He'd be unstoppable ....

10 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

But Dan Reeves did more with less talent than any Coach I've ever seen.. If he had the talent we have now.. Dan would be unstoppable.  At that time we had the cheapest owners in the NFL period ! That's a fact ..  If Reeves would have had the talent we have now.. He'd be unstoppable ....

I’m not hating on reeves the coach. He was a horrible GM. He picked that garbage. I think had we hade TD paired with Reeves as HC we’d won a SB

kiwifalcon likes this

Out of 87 draft picks, not counting FA, TD has hit on 24, and the verdict is still out on 10. But the 10 look like they might pan out. That would still only be 34/87. Not even 50%.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:37 PM, Cole World said:

I’m not sure what will happen, but Scott Pioli stepped down at the right time.

The Falcon FO was beginning to look too much like the bridge of the Titanic to Pioli. :lol:

There were a lot of names he's missed on just like every GM, but I'm looking at the numbers. The percentage. Of the players he's missed on at least 17 were/are very good players. He's only hit on 24/87.

7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I’m not hating on reeves the coach. He was a horrible GM. He picked that garbage. I think had we hade TD paired with Reeves as HC we’d won a SB

So,, Your saying he was horrible even thou his hands were tied because of he Cheap owners..  And yet he took the cheapest team ever to a SB ?? What you don't understand is we had the cheapest Owners in the NFL, Reeves hands were tied to a Must Low cost team ,, A must from the Owner at that time.. If he had the talent we have now and Blank as the owner ,,. No telling what Reeves could do with it.. He not only could go to the SB ,, he could win it. The talent on this team is at least 33% better than the one he took to the SB. 

Fans on here don't take in to consideration of what the situation was then and what it is now.. Completely different.. Blank has been willing to do what it takes,, But there was no way the owners back then would spend any extra money for anything... <_< 2 completely different problems,, Reeves did an awesome job as a coach with what money he was given to work with. Now we just need our HC to play smart like Reeves did.

23 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

So,, Your saying he was horrible even thou his hands were tied because of he Cheap owners..  And yet he took the cheapest team ever to a SB ?? What you don't understand is we had the cheapest Owners in the NFL, Reeves hands were tied to a Must Low cost team ,, A must from the Owner at that time.. If he had the talent we have now and Blank as the owner ,,. No telling what Reeves could do with it.. He not only could go to the SB ,, he could win it. The talent on this team is at least 33% better than the one he took to the SB. 

Fans on here don't take in to consideration of what the situation was then and what it is now.. Completely different.. Blank has been willing to do what it takes,, But there was no way the owners back then would spend any extra money for anything... <_< 2 completely different problems,, Reeves did an awesome job as a coach with what money he was given to work with. Now we just need our HC to play smart like Reeves did.

Two words: Jon Ollinger

he had blank for a bit btw. And also he sucker at drafting

19 hours ago, MSalmon said:

You don’t need rest.

You need help.

LMAO. Shouldn't you be comparing Troff to present day GMs? Here are a few things to ponder:

• Struggled replacing the players he inherited from Reeves and McKay and went 18-30
  • Got demoted and relegated to a five GM, spike haired, bike ridin, puppet position
  • His last GM award was 10 years ago when he had Snead and Caldwell finding players
  • Never built an Oline or front seven after spending 12 years of draft capital and cap dollars
  • Has multiple blown high round picks and free agent busts. Don't make me name em please
  • Bottom of the league in cap space for five years running with his lopsided offensive spending
  • Coming up on his first ever negative cap table with only 25-30 decent players under contract
  • Has gone 3-7 in 2019 and 49-57 since his 2013 purge, with only 2 of 7 possible playoff berths

And TATF still thinks he's a top 5 GM? Cluelessness. State Line bro. I'm ready when yall wake up.

MAD597 and *Old Pappy Falcon* like this

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO. Shouldn't you be comparing Troff to present day GMs? Here are a few things to ponder:

• Struggled replacing the players he inherited from Reeves and McKay and went 18-30
  • Got demoted and relegated to a five GM, spike haired, bike ridin, puppet position
  • His last GM award was 10 years ago when he had Snead and Caldwell finding players
  • Never built an Oline or front seven after spending 12 years of draft capital and cap dollars
  • Has multiple blown high round picks and free agent busts. Don't make me name em please
  • Bottom of the league in cap space for five years running with his lopsided offensive spending
  • Coming up on his first ever negative cap table with only 25-30 decent players under contract
  • Has gone 3-7 in 2019 and 49-57 since his 2013 purge, with only 2 of 7 possible playoff berths

And TATF still thinks he's a top 5 GM? Cluelessness. State Line bro. I'm ready when yall wake up.

Ha ha abd you move the goalposts again.
old man you need rest....and some prunes because you so full of sht :)

at least you’re not ...

a saint fan...

or a dam tanker

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

On 11/20/2019 at 11:03 AM, ike barn87987 said:

There were a lot of names he's missed on just like every GM, but I'm looking at the numbers. The percentage. Of the players he's missed on at least 17 were/are very good players. He's only hit on 24/87.

You're not "looking at the numbers" or "the percentages"

The fact that these goofy conversations never ever cease is absolutely mind-blowing. But maybe thats my fault for expecting too much of people. 

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

• Struggled replacing the players he inherited from Reeves and McKay and went 18-30 Nope
  • Got demoted and relegated to a five GM, spike haired, bike ridin, puppet position Nope
  • His last GM award was 10 years ago when he had Snead and Caldwell finding players lol wut? 
  • Never built an Oline or front seven after spending 12 years of draft capital and cap dollars Nope
  • Has multiple blown high round picks and free agent busts. Don't make me name em please  Nope to "multiple high round draft picks" "So has everybody else" to the rest of the nonsense
  • Bottom of the league in cap space for five years running with his lopsided offensive spending looooooooooooooooooool 
  • Coming up on his first ever negative cap table with only 25-30 decent players under contract LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Has gone 3-7 in 2019 and 49-57 since his 2013 purge, with only 2 of 7 possible playoff berths "only gone X and Y since November 4, 2014 on sundays when I'm wearing green pants after going A and B before Monday nights when the moon was a waning gibbous" 

lol

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

These td debates are always so stupid. All these numbers of hits and misses while being compared to air. It's like some of you have no idea just how bad other teams have drafted 

Just give them the chance, they'll tell you all about how 31 other teams found a great player in the 6th round until that player proves to be a short term player then it'll be a different name and a different draft pick. 

Its legit incredible. I remember when some of "us" were sooooo upset we didnt draft Brandon Boykin and Martez Wilson....

9 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Just give them the chance, they'll tell you all about how 31 other teams found a great player in the 6th round until that player proves to be a short term player then it'll be a different name and a different draft pick. 

Its legit incredible. I remember when some of "us" were sooooo upset we didnt draft Brandon Boykin and Martez Wilson....

Looking back at some of YKW's threads on the draft is legit hilarious. I should post his 2018 'real time' mock draft.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, ike barn87987 said:

Out of 87 draft picks, not counting FA, TD has hit on 24, and the verdict is still out on 10. But the 10 look like they might pan out. That would still only be 34/87. Not even 50%.

What is your definition of a 'hit' ?

kiwifalcon likes this

On 11/21/2019 at 4:46 AM, ike barn87987 said:

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

What is your definition of a 'hit' ?

Exactly right what is the definition.

League average is less than 3 years for a draft pick/player.

All Pro,what a guy who sees out his rookie deal?

I think this discussion really just is a side bar to the SB or bust mentality.

7 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

And we just drafted two offensive linemen in the first. 

I think both of them are going to be really good. The Patriots wanted McGrary so you know he's good.

25 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd like to see the names. Is Kroy Biermann a hit?

Ryan, Lofton, Douglas DeCoud Moore Spoon Julio Bosher Tru Alford Matthews Free Allen Coleman Jarrett Neal Jones Hooper Campbell Takk  Kazee Ridley

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd like to see the names. Is Kroy Biermann a hit?

I think he was because he player STs was on the roster for 6-7 odd years contributed.Late round pick of course if you play DE here if you don’t get double digit sacks every year your a fail.

Geneaut likes this

21 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Ryan, Lofton, Douglas DeCoud Moore Spoon Julio Bosher Tru Alford Matthews Free Allen Coleman Jarrett Neal Jones Hooper Campbell Takk  Kazee Ridley

Kroy Biermann in the 5th is a hit. The dude had a long NFL career and was a frequent contributor to the team. I'm sure there's more, but a guy like Biermann is basically a litmus test to determining somebody's draft pick standards and what they'd refer to as a 'hit'

kiwifalcon and Geneaut like this