ike barn87987

If DQ stays what about TD?

197 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

When you outscore your division rivals 55-12 and someone still finds a reason to cry.

Who under executed exactly? You said rooks, sophomores, and vets so I expect at a minimum of 6 guys to be listed here.

Wait. Aren't we still blaming Matt Ryan?

Rings, Geneaut, Schwarzwald and 3 others like this

4 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Well duh. The guy's making 30+ million dollars. You know how many ham sammies I can make with that kind of money?

Plus he is only 10th all time passing. That's absurdly low for someone making that kind of money.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Plus he is only 10th all time passing. That's absurdly low for someone making that kind of money.

Almost every time I’ve watched Goff this season, making 3 mil more per year than Matt, I walk away very happy with our QB and his contract.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Go back and watch the “talent” under execute in those games. Rooks, sophomores and vets.

I am so confused by this.

You just described every team in the NFL.

This hasn't been incremental improvement.  Falcons are almost the worst defense in the league.  Can't stop anyone.

They make a couple of coaching changes and all of a sudden sacks galore, turnovers, returning punts for TDs.

The players didn't become more talented.  There wasn't a massive trade in of talent.  THAT stayed the same. It is and always has been coaching.

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I am so confused by this.

You just described every team in the NFL.

This hasn't been incremental improvement.  Falcons are almost the worst defense in the league.  Can't stop anyone.

They make a couple of coaching changes and all of a sudden sacks galore, turnovers, returning punts for TDs.

The players didn't become more talented.  There wasn't a massive trade in of talent.  THAT stayed the same. It is and always has been coaching.

Could be both. No doubt the coaching changes facilitated this leap in production.  However we have seen a coaches ability to bring out the best in less talented players. It’s really hard to say for certain. 

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

When you outscore your division rivals 55-12 and someone still finds a reason to cry.

Who under executed exactly? You said rooks, sophomores, and vets so I expect at a minimum of 6 guys to be listed here.

There you go handing out assignments again. This time I'll oblige son. Just off the top:

• Ryan - throwing inexcusable rookie level picks
  • Free - coughing up the ball on crucial drives
  • Mack - getting beat then adding stupid as penalties on top
  • Bloodline - getting handled from the first play of the season til deep into the schedule
  • McGary - gotten his as handed to him at least 10 times. Maybe 15
  • Carpenter - stealing checks 
  • Jamon - getting Jamonned
  • Hoop - shutting down the edge run on TFLs in the backfield with whiff blocks
  • Crawford - falling off a 1000' cliff
  • Beasley - going ghost the first eight weeks while depositing $6.4M in his account
  • Takk - not being able to get the Mtfkg QB on the ground for his grand mama
  • Devondre - losing coverage on a regular basis
  • Oliver - looking lost without GPS or a road map
  • Ice Bryant - turning into Jason ELeft
  • Vecchio - going Giorgio Armani on us

There's at least six for you bro. Now go back and watch them dam tapes. Plenty players were in position and wet the bed worse than Ledbetter. Rooks, sophomores and vets. And yall blame that on Quinn? OK

If Dan " No emotions" Quinn stays....fire Lance Armstrong! Gotta be someone around the NFL that can handle a draft better. Half the fan base puts him on a pedestal . New England parted ways with him for a reason. Who do they draft now up front.....Bulldog players.

9 hours ago, Geneaut said:

2016 O-Line was fine. So was 2012's. 

2 one-off years where the line was good enough, by no means dominant.  Out of how many years of him being GM?  And I don't know how much credit TD should get for the 2016 line because Chris Chester & Alex Mack were 2 free agent signings that Shanahan heavily pushed for because they were players at his former teams and knew his system.  

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

1 minute ago, ATL_666 said:

2 one-off years where the line was good enough, by no means dominant.  Out of how many years of him being GM?  And I don't know how much credit TD should get for the 2016 line because Chris Chester & Alex Mack were 2 free agent signings that Shanahan heavily pushed for because they were players at his former teams and knew his system.  

Would you mind changing that to 777.....Please. We got enough curses around here.

Keep one keep em both

fire one fire em both

lets wait til the EOS to decide...plenty of time left to evaluate the situation 

19 hours ago, Romfal said:

So you're telling me this talent was on the roster all year but it's the GMs fault it was underperforming and he should be fired? Boy we have some clueless posters

Ability to finish is thee only thing I can come up with.

2 hours ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

If Dan " No emotions" Quinn stays....fire Lance Armstrong! Gotta be someone around the NFL that can handle a draft better. Half the fan base puts him on a pedestal . New England parted ways with him for a reason. Who do they draft now up front.....Bulldog players.

Huh?

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

18 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

TD isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to.

WEll, I was going down to write exactly what you said,,, So I jut bumped yours... I agree with you... TD is one of the best things that has every happened to this team,, What I don't get is we seem to have found our problem and fixed it.. So why are so many people still complaining?? Yeah, I hate it too that our year is probably shoot ...But at least I think we are now on the right road at least!! Makes me feel a lot better than I did a few weeks ago.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

54 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

WEll, I was going down to write exactly what you said,,, So I jut bumped yours... I agree with you... TD is one of the best things that has every happened to this team,, What I don't get is we seem to have found our problem and fixed it.. So why are so many people still complaining?? Yeah, I hate it too that our year is probably shoot ...But at least I think we are now on the right road at least!! Makes me feel a lot better than I did a few weeks ago.

Because some.people are only "happy" when they have something to.complain about

14 hours ago, nomak said:

What's the problem with TD? 

Historically bad at talent evaluation and picks across both the OL and DL in the drafts and Free Agency. Look over his 11 years here with  dozens of failed draft picks and Free Agent signings across both lines. The last 2 games don't change that.

22 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Historically bad at talent evaluation and picks across both the OL and DL in the drafts and Free Agency. Look over his 11 years here with  dozens of failed draft picks and Free Agent signings across both lines. The last 2 games don't change that.

Historically full of ****e.

Yet still the best run in the 50 plus years of this franchise.

So when you come up with more dillusional statements why not take in the good measure it with the bad and come up with something more realistic.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Historically full of ****e.

Yet still the best run in the 50 plus years of this franchise.

So when you come up with more dillusional statements why not take in the good measure it with the bad and come up with something more realistic.

10-17 (.370) since January 13, 2018. With two straight playoff whiffs. Head in the sand.

Fernando C. likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

10-17 (.370) since January 13, 2018. With two straight playoff whiffs. Head in the sand.

Rather have my head in the sand than head up my ring piece than some of you.

SB whiff and playoff whiffs lol yeah because the GM puts the teams out there for the coaches to fark it but it’s the GMs fault.

105-80 odd since he’s been here.

Next.

It's so weird.  Three weeks ago I was all about getting rid of all of them and just burning it down and starting over.  Now, I don't know what to think.  Weirdest turn of events.  I need to see more.  

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Rather have my head in the sand than head up my ring piece than some of you.

SB whiff and playoff whiffs lol yeah because the GM puts the teams out there for the coaches to fark it but it’s the GMs fault.

105-80 odd since he’s been here.

Next.

Rather have my head in the sand than up Dimi's rectum like you.

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Rather have my head in the sand than up Dimi's rectum like you.

Why because he’s the best we’ve ever had you’d rather slurp some of these bums we’ve had as GMs before hand.

I take it as a compliment the only thing TD has done is raise expectations so I guess it comes with the territory.

Its ok keep telling yourself guys like Herrock Reeves McKay and others were close go live in the past with those bums because that’s who you want to slurp.

Guys who couldn’t build a consistent winner to save there lives.You want mediocrity go right ahead.