Xfactor

Well I learned something today

65 posts in this topic

We have 2 defensive coordinators and a cheerleader on the sidelines pretending to be a HC.

First off moving Morris to the offensive side of the ball has proven to be one of the dumbest moves by Quinn.

If Ulbrich is calling 1st and 2nd downs and Morris calling 3rd, Morris needs to be promoted to HC and Ulbrich to DC immediately. The D is playing out of his mind all Quinn does is continue to never understand when to call a time out and high five their work. I would love to see what Morris could do as a interim HC with all 53.

I think Quinn just got back to only worrying about head coaching duties. At this point if we keep playing the way we are just finish out the year and then decide what to do. The year is lousy already. 

FalconsIn2012 and Godzilla1985 like this

I will say that yes DQ made some horrible decisions over the years so that is all on him. But to say the guy is a cheerleader is just asinine. He knows how to coach and play good D. His issues is trust and he trusted the wrong people on his defense to deliver and they did not. It took 8 weeks but he made the changes and now you are seeing it, what his defense would look like with competent coaching. I bet he was overwhelmed being the HC and DC, made some changes and now we are seeing it pay off. DQ is a **** of a Dline coach and the past 2 weeks should show that as well. I say blame the man, but at least admit he is capable of change and improvement, he didnt suddenly forget how to coach, man. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Pretending to be a HC? I love how if you don't call plays, you are a joke HC. Mike Smith didn't call plays. John Harbaugh doesn't call plays. Ron Rivera doesn't call plays. 

Seriously. Folks act like a HC does nothing. Let's not act like 2017 didn't happen. Quinn has proven he's a winning HC without shanahan. Maybe he stays, maybe he's fired, but for now he's been given the chance to right the ship

Just now, dodge_birds_fan said:

Seriously. Folks act like a HC does nothing. Let's not act like 2017 didn't happen. Quinn has proven he's a winning HC without shanahan. Maybe he stays, maybe he's fired, but for now he's been given the chance to right the ship

That's my thing. He's back to delegating to his coordinators and just being the HC. I've said for a couple weeks now, if they end up 8-8, I don't see him getting fired. 7-9 is his floor for staying I think if it's losses to SF and NO. That will mean the changes they made will have worked and they'd likely have gone 5-1 in the division.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Pretending to be a HC? I love how if you don't call plays, you are a joke HC. Mike Smith didn't call plays. John Harbaugh doesn't call plays. Ron Rivera doesn't call plays. 

Every word you said is true. And yet---.

As soon as Cowardly Clueless Quinn lets Ulbrich and Morris start running the defense:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.
  • Forced turnovers are up.
  • The offense plays within the system due to not being terrified of a non-scoring drive.
  • The offense can run the ball in quarters 2-4 due to not being down by 17 points in the first quarter.

This all happened EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY when Cowardly Clueless Quinn was out of the defensive play-calling picture. This is too much, too many changes, too many BIG changes, to be a coincidence.

Flying Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

As soon as Cowardly Clueless Quinn lets Ulbrich and Morris start running the defense:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.
  • The offense plays within the system due to not being terrified of a non-scoring drive.
  • The offense can run the ball in quarters 2-4 due to not being down by 17 points in the first quarter.

This all happened EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY when Cowardly Clueless Quinn was out of the defensive play-calling picture. This is too much, too many changes, too many BIG changes, to be a coincidence.

Thank you

Flying Falcon likes this

10 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.

So maybe, just maybe, Quinn is a better HC than DC. Maybe he had too much on his plate and now can delegate as he should and work on the d line. Just maybe

Edited by dodge_birds_fan

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

So maybe, just maybe, Quinn is a better HC than DC. Maybe he had too much on his plate and now can delegate as he should and work on the d line. Just maybe

It's almost like this can't be the case for some. DQ can very well have been the issue with the defense to this point. He's now out of the way and just coaching the entire team as the HC again and all of this happens:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.

Yet, he wasn't fired. He's still the HC. But don't give him any credit. Call him a coward for putting the team before his ego and seeing a path for improvement. Stupid. 

8 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

2017 and 2018 say "no--- just no." The only year of unqualified, unquestioned success was the year Kyle Shanahan carried Cowardly Clueless Quinn's 26th ranked defense to the Super Bowl. And Cowardly Clueless Quinn's 26th ranked defense allowed Shanahan's one monumentally stupid mistake to cost us that Super Bowl. If Cowardly Clueless Quinn's 26th ranked defense had gotten ONE FRIKKING STOP in the fourth quarter--- we win the Super Bowl despite Shanahan's colossal blunder on ONE FRIKKING PLAY CALL.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, vel said:

It's almost like this can't be the case for some. DQ can very well have been the issue with the defense to this point. He's now out of the way and just coaching the entire team as the HC again and all of this happens:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.

Yet, he wasn't fired. He's still the HC. But don't give him any credit. Call him a coward for putting the team before his ego and seeing a path for improvement. Stupid. 

By not quoting my bullet points, you technically committed plagiarism. :D:tiphat:

Edited by Roanoke Falcon
Smileys added to indicate humor.
Flying Falcon likes this

37 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I will say that yes DQ made some horrible decisions over the years so that is all on him. But to say the guy is a cheerleader is just asinine. He knows how to coach and play good D. His issues is trust and he trusted the wrong people on his defense to deliver and they did not. It took 8 weeks but he made the changes and now you are seeing it, what his defense would look like with competent coaching. I bet he was overwhelmed being the HC and DC, made some changes and now we are seeing it pay off. DQ is a **** of a Dline coach and the past 2 weeks should show that as well. I say blame the man, but at least admit he is capable of change and improvement, he didnt suddenly forget how to coach, man. 

Really ?  He fired all of his coordinators last year rebuilds his entire staff and wins 1 ******* game before he gives up and hands the defense off to a guy who was on the offensive side off the ball and Ulbrich. He may be a nice guy but I've never seen our D attack like this especially on 3rd down. When have you ever seen Quinn attack on 3rd down Never

Flying Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, vel said:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.

I want a winning coach. If Quinn and staff can turn this pile of burning dung into a winner, then her deserves to stay. 

A new coach is a bigger risk than keeping Quinn another year of he goes 4-2 over the next 6 games.

51 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

We have 2 defensive coordinators and a cheerleader on the sidelines pretending to be a HC.

First off moving Morris to the offensive side of the ball has proven to be one of the dumbest moves by Quinn.

If Ulbrich is calling 1st and 2nd downs and Morris calling 3rd, Morris needs to be promoted to HC and Ulbrich to DC immediately. The D is playing out of his mind all Quinn does is continue to never understand when to call a time out and high five their work. I would love to see what Morris could do as a interim HC with all 53.

I actually had that conversation today...about Morris being HC and Ulbrich being DC.. I'm not a homer ...I try and call it like I see it...and to me ..its very telling that this team is playing like this when he essentially takes his hands off it.. 

I said early in the season Quinn was asking players to do too much and not playing them to their strengths...I was told it was the players...

Where are those posters now..

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I want a winning coach. If Quinn and staff can turn this pile of burning dung into a winner, then her deserves to stay. 

A new coach is a bigger risk than keeping Quinn another year of he goes 4-2 over the next 6 games.

You cut your own argument off at the knees.

In order to be a "winning coach" this year, we will have to win out. If we go 6-0, we will duplicate the 2017 season record, which was universally deemed a disappointment.

5-1 drops us to 8-8. Not a winning season.

4-2 drops us to 7-9: a losing season.

A losing season like LAST year's losing season.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I actually had that conversation today...about Morris being HC and Ulbrich being DC.. I'm not a homer ...I try and call it like I see it...and to me ..its very telling that this team is playing like this when he essentially takes his hands off it.. 

I said early in the season Quinn was asking players to do too much and not playing them to their strengths...I was told it was the players...

Where are those posters now..

I did say repeatedly that our problem was not talent on the field. It was horrible coaching. I said repeatedly that Cowardly Clueless Quinn was the problem.

Not the players.

Not TD.

These two games have proven  me right.

Just now, Roanoke Falcon said:

I did say repeatedly that our problem was not talent on the field. It was horrible coaching. I said repeatedly that Cowardly Clueless Quinn was the problem.

Not the players.

Not TD.

These two games have proven  me right.

Cowardly Clueless Quinn....:lol:

You done started something now...

"CCQ"

Flying Falcon likes this

8 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

You cut your own argument off at the knees.

In order to be a "winning coach" this year, we will have to win out. If we go 6-0, we will duplicate the 2017 season record, which was universally deemed a disappointment.

5-1 drops us to 8-8. Not a winning season.

4-2 drops us to 7-9: a losing season.

A losing season like LAST year's losing season.

I don't know what to tell you bro. Your mind is made up, that's your choice. I choose to let this season play out.