FalconsIn2012

76-15 - Morris, Ulbrich & Rico

62 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, athell said:

5 years or 10 quarters?

Guess we will see.  He certainly could be let go.  If we don’t finish 8-8 or better, he should be fired.   Let’s let it play out

I think TD deserves some credit as well, especially after how much heat fans have been giving him. Same players, much different results. We don’t have a talent problem with this roster.

kiwifalcon and rounz like this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Guess we will see.  He certainly could be let go.  If we don’t finish 8-8 or better, he should be fired.   Let’s let it play out

It's played out.  It's been 4.5 years.  The numbers speak for themselves, particularly the defensive dvoa rankings and his record against the AFC...

He ain't it.  If he is here next year I'm going to be really upset.  I get not disrupting the apple cart, but I go back to this simple point:  Dan Quinn failed to deliver even a middlng NFL defense during his tenure here.  He just hasn't, that can't be disputed.  To top it off, in the season of Dan Quinn where he was going to be hands on on the defense, turn around Vic, look how bad we were the first half of the season.  It was embarrassing tbh.  Then he steps back and lets his assistants step up and we immediately go to a legit NFL defense?  Unprepared, penalized, confused, cheesy slogan after cheesy slogan, "we had a great week of practice" followed by a garbage performance, players admitting they don't know what is wrong...I like Dan Quinn, he is a good guy, he is a good football mind, I don't want him running my team or defense I'm sorry.

6 hours ago, falcndave said:

I'll shout at Quinn, not out to him. You don't get the credit for extinguishing a fire after the house has already collapsed and, oh by the way, you poured on the gasoline and lit the match in the first place.

I agree.  People seems to overlook the fact that this great defense for the past 2 weeks was a disaster when Quinn was calling plays.  Now people want to give him credit for finally not screwing up by letting someone else call the plays.

2 hours ago, athell said:

It's played out.  It's been 4.5 years.  The numbers speak for themselves, particularly the defensive dvoa rankings and his record against the AFC...

He ain't it.  If he is here next year I'm going to be really upset.  I get not disrupting the apple cart, but I go back to this simple point:  Dan Quinn failed to deliver even a middlng NFL defense during his tenure here.  He just hasn't, that can't be disputed.  To top it off, in the season of Dan Quinn where he was going to be hands on on the defense, turn around Vic, look how bad we were the first half of the season.  It was embarrassing tbh.  Then he steps back and lets his assistants step up and we immediately go to a legit NFL defense?  Unprepared, penalized, confused, cheesy slogan after cheesy slogan, "we had a great week of practice" followed by a garbage performance, players admitting they don't know what is wrong...I like Dan Quinn, he is a good guy, he is a good football mind, I don't want him running my team or defense I'm sorry.

Last I look Quinn was also 19-16 or something like that at home.  That is atrocious when compared to Smith who was 38-17 or something like that.  Want the displease your paying consumers?  Winning around half of the time in front of them.

athell likes this

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Morris said it last week forget the tablets and just play what you see use your instincts.I believe he was talking to Rico and it’s seemingly rubbed off in the defense.

Whats that like 10 sacks in 2 weeks fark me.

I’ve always known the talents always been there.It just hasn’t been deployed correctly.I think Morris hasn’t done anything too much but let his players play more instinctively which makes them more relaxed.Thats what it feels like to me.

Yup.  Less thinking, more reacting.  Rico already knows the answers to the test.  If something new pops up, let Morris identify it and communicate it

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He is improving the communication on the back end

This is where all the production is coming from. Oliver alone just looks so much better.

16 hours ago, falcndave said:

Morris was in a no fail situation. I would have been a **** of a passing game coordinator...all I would have to do is stay the heck out of Ryan and Julio's way.

You say that now.  But heading into 2016 the offensive staff was on notice and seats were warm if the offense did not improve.  They did.  They became historic and Morris deserves his share of the credit

dodge_birds_fan likes this

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You say that now.  But heading into 2016 the offensive staff was on notice and seats were warm if the offense did not improve.  They did.  They became historic and Morris deserves his share of the credit

Okay, so your position is that Quinn did not make a mistake by not moving Morris to DB coach sooner. I disagree on many levels, but its your right to support Quinn. 

33 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Okay, so your position is that Quinn did not make a mistake by not moving Morris to DB coach sooner. I disagree on many levels, but its your right to support Quinn. 

People have been praising what Morris has been doing w/ our WR's for 3 years now. People have been saying it was a smart move ever since the production was apparent. Now you all wanna look back in hindsight and say it was stupid. Why not call it dumb when our WR's were marching this team up and down the field at will? He was in charge of the position group that we clearly had an advantage over other teams with.

Just like in the preseason everyone was saying DQ taking over DC duties, DL and playcalling was the best choice. No it wasnt. Yall drank the kool-aid and now want to ***** about something that has literally never worked.

Everything you people ***** about is something you all praised earlier.

Edited by RubberDucky

29 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

People have been praising what Morris has been doing w/ our WR's for 3 years now. People have been saying it was a smart move ever since the production was apparent. Now you all wanna look back in hindsight and say it was stupid. Why not call it dumb when our WR's were marching this team up and down the field at will? He was in charge of the position group that we clearly had an advantage over other teams with.

Just like in the preseason everyone was saying DQ taking over DC duties, DL and playcalling was the best choice. No it wasnt. Yall drank the kool-aid and now want to ***** about something that has literally never worked.

Everything you people ***** about is something you all praised earlier.

You haven't got any idea what you are talking about if you accuse me of hindsight with Morris. My opposition to him moving to offense was clearly stated at the time of the announcement. Then and now I felt it was a case of Quinn putting friendship and loyalty over what is best for the team's chances of winning.