Halcon-1

Keanu Neal

61 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

A forced fumble is more than most of these guys give us.

Fair enough. I just don't count them as turnovers. They're nice to have, but if he forces 8 and we only recover 2, he's only accounted for 2 turnovers. 

Knight of God likes this

This defense is better with Rico and Kazee at safety. Neal is absolutely one of my favorite players but for us he absolutely needs to be an LB. I think Devondre is gone this offseason so I would like to see Neal fill that spot. Neal isn’t the best coverage guy but in a tight box I think his change of direction is better than the height DQ likes about Devondre.

Just now, 32wood84white said:

This defense is better with Rico and Kazee at safety. Neal is absolutely one of my favorite players but for us he absolutely needs to be an LB. I think Devondre is gone this offseason so I would like to see Neal fill that spot. Neal isn’t the best coverage guy but in a tight box I think his change of direction is better than the height DQ likes about Devondre.

Devondre has been playing lights out the last two weeks. So has Foye. No need for Foye to lose his earned spot to anyone. Neal has no business being a linebacker. Not sure why so many feel that way.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

26 minutes ago, vel said:

Fair enough. I just don't count them as turnovers. They're nice to have, but if he forces 8 and we only recover 2, he's only accounted for 2 turnovers. 

Even then. That's more than what most guys are doing. Plus his impact is more than just turnovers.

3 hours ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Keanu Neal is going to do what Mark Barron did for the Rams... and flourish. Move him into a versatile LB role. 

Having a guy with SS instincts as your flex linebacker that isn't a liability when you decide to keep him in for a hybrid nickel defense could prove to be invaluable. 

This is what I envision happening 

Neal basically plays LBer in this scheme anyway.

Hes in the box a fair portion of the time anyway and screw NFL rules I like having the threat of a thumper back there.

So the question then becomes can we live with his injury history.

I see many a post like this and the best player on the roster apparently had injury issues aswell but came out the other side.Achilles and ACL tough for sure but I’d be giving Neal at least a chance to bounce back.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

I imagine a LB core that features Keanu Neal and Deion Jones is basically the matchup nightmare of teams that utilize their RB in the run and the pass.

*looks at Kamara and McCaffery*

Man... if we could just get some defensive lineman help, I really think we'd be in good shape for 2020. 

SPITFIRE likes this

5 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

I imagine a LB core that features Keanu Neal and Deion Jones is basically the matchup nightmare of teams that utilize their RB in the run and the pass.

*looks at Kamara and McCaffery*

Man... if we could just get some defensive lineman help, I really think we'd be in good shape for 2020. 

If this “position less “ thing takes off then you may need this and not by choice. TE’s are lining up everywhere and they are big wr more so than traditional tight ends. I miss those heavy tight end passing plays 

Been saying Neal needs to be at LB since Kazee did his thing last year.  That’s basically what he already does anyway as he’s more of a box player and enforcer than a coverage guy.

6 hours ago, vel said:

I remember him causing two against Carolina in one game and we recovering both of them. 

6 hours ago, Jesus said:

Devondre has been playing lights out the last two weeks. So has Foye. No need for Foye to lose his earned spot to anyone. Neal has no business being a linebacker. Not sure why so many feel that way.

Yes everyone is playing well but let’s not forget how cap strapped we are. People are going to not get resigned. Foye, and Grace as depth make me feel even better about moving on from Devondre and putting Neal at linebacker. I don’t want Foye to lose anything, but I think both Foye and Neal can offer different things in different packages.

But you say he has no business at linebacker, how are you one to assume that? No one has a clue if he will work out there or not but imo I’m letting Devondre walk and seeing what Neal has there. 

13 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Unfortunately Neal has been a bust to this point.

Is it really a bust when you have been injured ?

Stryka likes this

6 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Is it really a bust when you have been injured ?

Unfair? Maybe. I believe so. Maybe he can bounce back. I hate seeing a player miss so much time, especially a 1st rounder.

3 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Unfair? Maybe. I believe so. Maybe he can bounce back. I hate seeing a player miss so much time, especially a 1st rounder.

Yea it’s been unlucky you would expect a concussion before the lower leg injuries. I think he will be good coming back and cheap 

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Campbell is walking in the offseason. I agree with trying Neal at LB.

Keep Kazee at FS and Rico at SS.

He may not. He isn’t a super impactful LB he is just a good all around guy. Can blitz cover and tackle. I hope we keep him because there isn’t a big market for playmaking LBs available. 

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

A probowler is a bust?? Neal had gold for us. He makes the run D better and has improved as a coverage guy. 

In the last two years he's only played in 4 games. Maybe bust isn't the right word, but he isn't gold either. I feel bad for him. I highly doubt he will ever be the player he was prior to the injuries. Would be amazing if he could though. 

16 hours ago, vel said:

It’s not a turnover unless the ball is turned over

vel likes this