Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Butudontseeme™

MR2—#10 all time passing

53 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Guy should have had 2 rings already.  Hamstrung by ****** olines and even ****tier defenses. 

Agreed. We shoulda won he SB. If we did nobody would say he’s been wasted. But I wouldn’t call his entire career wasted. He’s still got time. 

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Agreed. We shoulda won he SB. If we did nobody would say he’s been wasted. But I wouldn’t call his entire career wasted. He’s still got time. 

I hope so but I so ****ed jaded now I can’t have a lot of faith we will.

VTCrunkler and TheUsualStuff like this

24 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Guy should have had 2 rings already.  Hamstrung by ****** olines and even ****tier defenses. 

Preach.

Schwarzwald likes this

4 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I hope so but I so ****ed jaded now I can’t have a lot of faith we will.

It’s hard not be jaded at this point. We’ve definitely squandered opportunities. But we are light years ahead of where we had been prior to his coming here. 

Schwarzwald and Godzilla1985 like this

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

It’s hard not be jaded at this point. We’ve definitely squandered opportunities. But we are light years ahead of where we had been prior to his coming here. 

The fact that the fan base expects so much is testament to Ryan and others. Still his legacy will be as the most influential player ever for this franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

The fact that the fan base expects so much is testament to Ryan and others. Still his legacy will be as the most influential player ever for this franchise. 

And the timing of us getting him couldn't have been better.  Oh, and let's not forget his first NFL pass which went for a TD! 

7 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Yes. Setting expectations high since he’s gotten here. We are in contention or have the talent to be in Contention year in and year out   We used to not ever have back to back winning seasons

He's the reason why loses by this team in the last decade have hurt worse than any other in the 3 decades I have watched the Falcons. 

My expectations for the Ryan-era Falcons have remained high since after our WC loss to the Cards in '08.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Isn't it amazing that Kuechly is one of the only people in the league who can cover Julio?

Julio slowed up a bit to box out LK.  Matt couldn’t get everything on it because he was in the process of getting drilled.  Heck of a play by both though. 

2 minutes ago, dmite said:

Julio slowed up A bit to box out LK.  Matt couldn’t get everything on it because he was in the process of getting drilled.  Heck of a play by both though. 

Not the first time either.

Schwarzwald, Geneaut and dmite like this

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I assume you are thinking we would have won the season of the 2012 NFCCG, SB LI, and the 2017 NFC Divisional against the Eagles, when we would have gone on to face the Vikings in the NFCCG. 

8 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

He's the reason why loses by this team in the last decade have hurt worse than any other in the 3 decades I have watched the Falcons. 

My expectations for the Ryan-era Falcons have remained high since after our WC loss to the Cards in '08.

Pretty much. . . .

ratesforless, SirCzah and Geneaut like this

Matt has definitely been amazing and he is the reason there are high expectations every year. Even when he's have rough games, there's never been a doubt in my mind he would get right. He always does. Every QB goes through rough patches, the great ones bounce back, and Matt always has. Do wish him and Kyle would have had a lot longer together before he got poached from us.

2 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

He should hit 50,000 this season and that alone will hopefully be enough to get him in the Hall of Fame one day.

If that's the reason then you have to put Philip Rivers in too.

I think Ryan retires at #3 with 72,000-75,000 though.

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If that's the reason then you have to put Philip Rivers in too.

I think Ryan retires at #3 with 72,000-75,000 though.

I think Rivers will eventually be in the Hall of Fame too, I am sure he will hit 60,000 unless he unexpectedly retires after this season.. Though I do also believe Ryan has had the better career between the both of them. With Eli and Big Ben also in the top 10, Rivers and Ryan are the only 2 QB's in the top 10 that would be question marks at this point. #11 Moon and #12 Tarkenton also already in the Hall. 

I agree that I think if Ryan stays healthy he could hit the 70,000 range.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

18 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

One thing I hardly ever hear about is Matthew Thomas Ryan's: 

1). Durability - The man rarely misses time and is hardly out due to injury. He has not missed significant time in some time now, I think, since 2009.

2). Toughness - Bro has a ton of heart and is tougher than fans realize. He'll get right back up after fatty McFat lands on him and complete downfield on the next play.

I've said this many times.  He is the toughest QB in the NFL.  The dude gets hammered, and he still hangs in there.  

Halcon-1 and Geneaut like this

Rank

Player Yds Years Tm
1 Drew Brees 75,733 2001-2019 2TM
2 Tom Brady 73,266 2000-2019 nwe
3 Peyton Manning 71,940 1998-2015 2TM
4 Brett Favre+ 71,838 1991-2010 4TM
5 Dan Marino+ 61,361 1983-1999 mia
6 Philip Rivers 57,472 2004-2019 sdg
7 Ben Roethlisberger 56,545 2004-2019 pit
8 Eli Manning 56,537 2004-2019 nyg
9 John Elway+ 51,475 1983-1998 den
10 Matt Ryan 49,383 2008-2019 atl
11 Warren Moon+ 49,325 1984-2000 4TM
12 Fran Tarkenton+ 47,003 1961-1978 2TM
13 Carson Palmer 46,247 2004-2017 3TM
14 Vinny Testaverde 46,233 1987-2007 7TM
15 Aaron Rodgers 45,662 2005-2019 gnb
16 Drew Bledsoe 44,611 1993-2006 3TM
17 Dan Fouts+ 43,040 1973-1987 sdg
18 Matthew Stafford 41,025 2009-2019 det
19 Kerry Collins 40,922 1995-2011 6TM
20 Joe Montana+ 40,551 1979-1994 2TM
21 Johnny Unitas+ 40,239 1956-1973 2TM
22 Joe Flacco 40,067 2008-2019 2TM

It is reasonable to believe Matt Ryan will play 6 more years after this season.   He will be 35 to begin next season and this would have him playing to age 40.      Right now Matt has been running close to a 5,000yd/season clip - and so if you assumed over remaining 6 years he played at 80% of current peak effeciency, he would be around 4,000yds/season.    This would have him at about 74,600yds and would place him only behind Brees and Brady - 3rd all-time.

At the very worst (barring injury) Matt Ryan should Dan Marino and Phillip Rivers to get to 5th all-time.   The numbers are staggering.  The only one behind him that could surpass him would be Aaron Rogers but I don't see it happening if they both play similiar amount of years.

19 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

A career mostly wasted by a couple of knuckle head coaches and a 50 something year old hipster GM.

Well to be fair, if "50 something year old hipster GM" doesn't get him Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, etc., he probably doesn't sniff top 10 all time in passing yards.

31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The only one behind him that could surpass him would be Aaron Rogers but I don't see it happening if they both play similiar amount of years.

Rodgers is gonna be 36 in 2 weeks. Matt is 34. So I can't see Rodgers passing Matt if they both stay healthy for the rest of their playing days and can each play til they are 40.

What's crazy about Rodgers is that sitting behind Favre for 3 years & then missing half a year due to injury in both 2013 & 2017 has cost Rodgers about four seasons basically. Had he started those 4 years and averaged 4000 per year, he'd already be around 60k+ passing yards... which would be good enough to already put him around Marino for #5 all time.