jlrfalcon

POLL #2 - WHAT CHANCE DO YOU GIVE QUINN OF KEEPING HIS JOB AFTER TODAY?

POLL #2 - WHAT CHANCE DO YOU GIVE QUINN OF KEEPING HIS JOB AFTER TODAY?   129 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT CHANCE DO YOU GIVE QUINN OF KEEPING HIS JOB AFTER TODAY?

• 100% = he stays
    • 75% = he likely stays
    • 50% = he might but might not stay
    • 25% = he is still likely gone
    • 0% = he is still gone

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

It would have been hard to imagine Quinn not being fired just a few weeks ago.  However, after 2 straight wins, he is definitely putting out the team we really expected at the beginning of the year.

Do we accept the first half of 2019 as just an abnormality now and keep him around?

What are the odds you think he has now of still being around?

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

He needs to win like 8 games to have a chance of staying. This would also mean the Falcons get shafted in the draft. That double sucks. Quinn does nothing special. His coordinators are currently carrying him.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

IF this team wins out playing at the level that they are playing at right now, there's no way he gets fired.  But, there's still another six games left for this team to fall flat on their faces again. I think the Saints game at home and the 9ers games can be the deciding factors here. We lose either and we can't finish above .500 and if we lose both that will likely dictate some further changes. I personally want to see this team win out and come into the 2020 season on an eight game winning streak with maybe some upgrades that will make it even better. 

FalconJim and arrogantBEAST like this

IMO unless we have a full relapse he stays. Why start over, playoffS or not, if it looks like we have found a recipe for success?

plus if there is any truth to Blank wanting DQ to clean house and handle the DC job, he may have some egg on his face right now...but we may never know that unless Q is fired.

2 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

He needs to win like 8 games to have a chance of staying. This would also mean the Falcons get shafted in the draft. That double sucks. Quinn does nothing special. His coordinators are currently carrying him.

I doubt it takes eight wins. If he gets to seven, six if they include a sweep of the Saints, he’ll be back. I say that as someone who wants him gone. 

I'm 50/50 right now.  2 weeks ago, I was 0/100.  Winning has a fabulous way of making things better.  Winning the way the birds have played the last 2 weeks in a row SERIOUSLY helps things out.

It's the second Sunday in a row that I've been saying "F___ Yeah" with a big ole' grin on my face!

The Daywalker and Peteshweddy like this

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

It would have been hard to imagine Quinn not being fired just a few weeks ago.  However, after 2 straight wins, he is definitely putting out the team we really expected at the beginning of the year.

Do we accept the first half of 2019 as just an abnormality now and keep him around?

Yeah quinn is staying cant see blank getting rid of him not after stomping on new Orleans and Carolina 

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I don't think it should be viewed as an abnormality.  Hopefully that he just made some mistakes that he learned from.  

I think Quinn tinkered with his defensive philosophy over the offseason and it didn't work out.  That and he probably had too many responsibilities and wasn't getting to spend as much time with the dline as he wanted. 

11 sacks in two weeks since the changes were made.  Pretty impressive. 

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

IMO unless we have a full relapse he stays. Why start over, playoffS or not, if it looks like we have found a recipe for success?

plus if there is any truth to Blank wanting TD to clean house and handle the DC job, he may have some egg on his face right now...but we may never know that unless Q is fired.

this is what I got from AB's quote about 'this staff has turned it around before' or was it 'fixed it' something like that. weeks ago and I don't remember it exactly, but this will give AB credibility for not having fired him mid season, continuing to play so much better, even if they don't win out

I think if we finish 8-8 or better he prbly stays.  I’m sure AB doesn’t relish a rebuild if there’s any hope in success w current regime.  He AB isn’t getting any younger and as many have mentioned continuity has its benefits.  I’m personally impressed by 2 wins but there’s been a large body of unimpressive work since 3rd qtr of LI. I’m kinda on fence but I’ll shut it until seasons over.  I certainly wanted the house cleaned up until last cpl weeks at least.

rounz likes this

4 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Our 2016 season was a result of Kyle Shanahan carrying him.

Our continual downward death-spiral is a result of no offensive genius carrying his slack know-nothing/do-nothing ***.

Fire Quinn.

8 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

He wins the next 2 games he has good change to stay especially since he will have beaten the Saints twice in a season!

Quinn's definitely got the team on his side which is a huge plus, they obviously are playing more inspired knowing if nothing else a rebuild and new coach brings uncertainty to the players as well. Who stays who goes pretty sure Ryan would rather not change OC's again and see if they can make this **** work. LOL Im still a tanker but can see 7-9 8-8 saving their jobs. Needs dont change though still need defensive end help and a stud RB. That said Arthur needs a draw to get people back to MBS might take a high profile trade up, and or free-agent signing. 

25%, the team vastly underperformed this year and they turned it around in spite of his 5-2 defense. I could see him retained if we win out. 

If we go on a crazy run and finish 8-8 or better he will stay.

If this miracle of a defense is short lived and we go back to sucking he is gone

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

A better question - what if Beasley gets 10 sacks?

:ninja:

Damm. Sign him to a multi deal. With incentives.

JDaveG likes this

50 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Damm. Sign him to a multi deal. With incentives.

I know Mike Bell is getting a tattoo. I know that much. 

rounz likes this

I listened to a podcast where one of the hosts put it perfectly in my opinion...Dan Quinn's probability to keep his job goes up 10% each game he wins.  I think that AB does not want to make the change so DQ started at 20% after the bye so if he wins out, he'd be at 100% but if he goes 6-2, that's still a solid 80%.