Disco

Maybe we should eat a crow about DQ

67 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Disco said:

For three weeks ago i was all into firing Dan Quinn. Not only because the team was losing all the time, but i thought that he might had lost the locker room. However, after the Saints and Panthers game he has really stepped up and created something unique. Not only can Falcons play defense now, but Falcons are also shutting down some of the better offenses in the league down field. I don´t know. 3-7 is still bad, but again DQ also seems to be likeable by the players. I think it could be a mistake if Blank sacks him. 

What do you think? Is this just an outlier? We will see in the next couple of games. 

32 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

As soon as Cowardly Clueless Quinn lets Ulbrich and Morris start running the defense:

• Penalties go way down.
  • Intensity goes way up.
  • Sacks are up.
  • Pressures are up.
  • Forced turnovers are up.
  • The offense plays within the system due to not being terrified of a non-scoring drive.
  • The offense can run the ball in quarters 2-4 due to not being down by 17 points in the first quarter.

This all happened EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY when Cowardly Clueless Quinn was out of the defensive play-calling picture. This is too much, too many changes, too many BIG changes, to be a coincidence.

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

DK deserves another year at least. Year 2 is usually better than year 1

Run game and run game that’s why I’m prepared to let DK walk.Hes never been a renown run game caller and he still insists on trying to punch inside instead of going out to set up inside runs.

Todays another prime example of running our backs into brick walls.Carolinas prime strength is there interior why we kept trying to go there suggests very little imagination from our OC and the results this week and all year stink of it.

Can we atleast sleep on this dominating win before we have to start discussing meaningful stuff?  Can we, can we please just have this?

Image result for let me have this gif

Changing ocs every other year is getting old. Who's to say we can get anyone better? DQ is not perfect, but he'll be a better coach next year than this year. I think it also says a lot that despite the challenges of this year, he's got the support of the locker room. 

As of right now, I think DQ keeps his job. 

6 hours ago, Disco said:

For three weeks ago i was all into firing Dan Quinn. Not only because the team was losing all the time, but i thought that he might had lost the locker room. However, after the Saints and Panthers game he has really stepped up and created something unique. Not only can Falcons play defense now, but Falcons are also shutting down some of the better offenses in the league down field. I don´t know. 3-7 is still bad, but again DQ also seems to be likeable by the players. I think it could be a mistake if Blank sacks him. 

What do you think? Is this just an outlier? We will see in the next couple of games. 

This is why we will never be champions. Guy wins 2 games and everyone thinks he should come back next season to ruin that one as well. 

I don’t care if we go 8-8. Quinn needs to go!! Why is everyone so complacent with mediocrity? Because we are Falcons fans? Cmon.

4 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I guess we will find that out when he isn't running it, but for now, he is still running it. They look pretty good too.

He's not the coordinator. They instantly improved.

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

He's not the coordinator. They instantly improved.

Yes he is. He still does the game planning and still has a say in how the game is called. Morris and Ulbrich have both said so. But believe whatever you like. The people saying he wasn't , was media that took a little info about play calling and ran. They didn't know what they were talking about and made their own conclusions.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Run game and run game that’s why I’m prepared to let DK walk.Hes never been a renown run game caller and he still insists on trying to punch inside instead of going out to set up inside runs.

Todays another prime example of running our backs into brick walls.Carolinas prime strength is there interior why we kept trying to go there suggests very little imagination from our OC and the results this week and all year stink of it.

100% agree. We can do waaaay better than Dirk. Especially by giving the HC spot to an offensive minded coach.

8 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Yes he is. He still does the game planning and still has a say in how the game is called. Morris and Ulbrich have both said so. But believe whatever you like. The people saying he wasn't , was media that took a little info about play calling and ran. They didn't know what they were talking about and made their own conclusions.

Well whatever miraculous change they did make has completely changed the defense. Sad it took this long. I don't know maybe the players took it to heart when they traded Sanu. Something is definitely different.

12 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

No, we shouldn’t eat crow. Quinn is 3-7 in a season where he was expected to be 7-3 at this point of the season. 

With how the defense have played last 2 games if Quinn didn't screw up half of the season do people think the Falcons could not have gone 6-2, 5-3, or at worse 4-4 in those 8 games?  Instead of sitting 8-2 or worse 6-4 they are 3-7.  Yet people want to pat Quinn on the back?  I don't get it.

Vandy likes this

46 minutes ago, freefall said:

With how the defense have played last 2 games if Quinn didn't screw up half of the season do people think the Falcons could not have gone 6-2, 5-3, or at worse 4-4 in those 8 games?  Instead of sitting 8-2 or worse 6-4 they are 3-7.  Yet people want to pat Quinn on the back?  I don't get it.

Recency bias is a real thing. 2 road wins against division rivals is nice. But, looking at the overall body of work, Quinn's performance has been average at best. He is about to miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 seasons. He's only 5 games above .500 as a HC. In reality, he's riding the 2016 playoff run pretty hard at this point. 

freefall likes this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Recency bias is a real thing. 2 road wins against division rivals is nice. But, looking at the overall body of work, Quinn's performance has been average at best. He is about to miss the playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 years. He's only 5 games above .500 as a HC. In reality, he's riding the 2016 playoff run pretty hard at this point. 

Keep in mind too he is doing this with 2 future HOF in their prime.  I gave him a pass for last year because of the ridiculous amount of injuries on defense, but even then the defense still had more talents than what Smith had during his last 2 years.  Quinn, for the most part has underachieve.  

8 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Well whatever miraculous change they did make has completely changed the defense. Sad it took this long. I don't know maybe the players took it to heart when they traded Sanu. Something is definitely different.

I think the biggest thing is Raheem getting the secondary communicating better and playing better. Ulbrich even clarified that this past week, he said it was just guys not doing what they are supposed to and not communicating with each other, and nothing to do with play calling. He also reinforced that Quinn is still doing game planning, involved in the calls  and such. He even said everyone was making more out of it all than it is. Our secondary has been a problem for a while, makes me wonder more if Henderson wasn't doing his job and having the secondary ready on game days to do their jobs.

He's only had 2 winning seasons here and managed to pull 28-3 which has scarred this franchise forever. This sudden turn around of the defense seems to be in spite of him not because of him. The only reason I'd keep Quinn next year is because it would be ashame if the current coaches running our defense would go somewhere else and start winning like KS is.

But keeping Quinn could also lead to another 28-3 or another 1-7 start to the season.

You can't have three years on your resume when you have 5+ game losing streaks. And two seasons when your season is effectively over before midseason. That's a lack of preparation and discipline. Quinn has got to go and the same with TD.