Disco

Maybe we should eat a crow about DQ

67 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, freefall said:

I looked at those games in 2016 that Quinn took over.  Most of those teams were offensively challenged.  Against NO the defense still gave up like 29 pts I think.

They looked really good against the Packers, Seahawks and Patriots until the 4th quarter.

DQ pulled this same trick on us last year with those meaningless wins. How many coaches have to take the fall before he loses his job. 

Morris should have never been the WR coach to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

DQ pulled this same trick on us last year with those meaningless wins. How many coaches have to take the fall before he loses his job. 

Morris should have never been the WR coach to begin with. 

Oh yeah, meaningless wins against Cardinals, Panthers and Buccaneers who were out of the play off race. Saints and Panthers are not in the same situation this season. They are actually fighting for something. 

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Oh yeah, meaningless wins against Cardinals, Panthers and Buccaneers who were out of the play off race. Saints and Panthers are not in the same situation this season. They are actually fighting for something. 

I'm saying we beat those teams when he wasn't calling the defense. He is the issue.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

If you understood DVOA, you wouldn't settle for pretty ok.

Do you have a source on those numbers? I can only find a source that says Falcons were 16 in 2017. 

1 hour ago, freefall said:

Quinn gave up plays calling, the defense plays better, and people want to give Quinn credits for being less involves with the defense.  Geez thanks Quinn for staying away from the defense and didn’t confuse the players with your plays calling.

He's not "less" involved though.  He's been more involved with the d line and this is honestly the best I've ever seen a Falcons D-line play 

8 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

He's not "less" involved though.  He's been more involved with the d line and this is honestly the best I've ever seen a Falcons D-line play 

Less involves as in not calling any plays during the game.  If you notice the players have not been confused much past 2 games like they were in the first 8.  So did Quinn confused the players with his plays calling and put them in wrong formation and confused them in the first 8 games?

2 minutes ago, freefall said:

Less involves as in not calling any plays during the game.  If you notice the players have not been confused much past 2 games like they were in the first 8.  So did Quinn confused the players with his plays calling and put them in wrong formation and confused them in the first 8 games?

How would calling a play confuse people?  That's not how play calling works.

Quinn is still designing the plays and putting together the game plan. 

The confusion probably came from the players not communicating with each other...as the coaches have stated. Especially on zone plays where you have to pass players off as they come through your zone.

THEHEADCOACH and SPITFIRE like this

47 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

I think the criticism for Quinn is valid and seeing how the defense is performing now should raise even more questions. Just what in the heck was he doing with that unit the first 8 weeks of the season?

and even more reason to be fired

FalconMama likes this

I'll just say Blank was right in taking the wait and see approach. If this level of play and competitiveness continues and we finish the season looking like a good football team, it seems like it'd be counter-productive to burn it all down and start all over again. This team needs some consistency. 

Edited by RubberDucky

2 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I don't think eating crow is in order. The criticism and complaints were valid and warranted. DQ seemingly turning it around does not change the first half of the season. 

Serving crow, in my mind, is only valid when fans jump the gun. After 1-7, heck, after going down 1-3, the criticism was, not only valid, but necessary.

I agree.  Either way his first half lack of production cost us a chance at playoffs very likely.  He may get pass if they finish well but this has been unacceptable on the whole.  

Halcon-1 likes this

I will not eat crow for this team starting 1-7, and now, all of a sudden they look competent. At the end of the day, this is a squandered season all courtesy of Dan Quinn and his decision making. Squandered opportunities, is what DQ is currently known for. I will eat crow if Dan Quinn makes it back next year and the Falcons win the Super Bowl, and anything short of that means he still is not very good.

I am pulling for Dan Quinn to prove me wrong.

Edited by 4dabirds

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

The defense has come alive now that DQ isn't running it. 

I guess we will find that out when he isn't running it, but for now, he is still running it. They look pretty good too.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

No no and no.

BUT for the minute DQ has found a formula that is working and deserves accolades for it.

Much like the warranted criticism early.

In those 3 wins you are seeing the Fast & Physical mantra DQ preached.

The real question is can the Falcons ride this momentum to the playoffs.Do we dare to dream.

PLAYOFFS? You talkin bout PLAYOFFS?

FalconJim likes this