since68andcounting

Who IS this team???

31 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Right now, they could be one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL.

.... especially to opposing teams who are fighting for playoff spots.

They’re dangerous but bi polar and that still scares me about this staff.  

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Reminds me of the 1997 Falcon team. Started out 1-7 and finished 6-2. Defense was ballin. Parlayed that into a 22-4 run and went to a Bowl the next year.

I was thinking abt that too.  Reeves first season.  

I honestly can't think of anytime the Falcons had back-to-back games where they dominated every aspect.  Even during they're best years they would blow a team out and the next week would squeak out a win. 

Watching them destroy the Saints and Panthers on the road is amazing.  And now with three home games in a row?  Just daydreaming about sweeping the division. 

This is the defense I saw in the preseason.  Even though most name guys didn't play, the scheme was all about attacking....and I figured once the season started and the 1st team was out there they would play like we've seen the last two weeks.  Instead it always looked like a vanilla 4-3 cover 2 zone.  If they keep up this level of play, we have to keep Quinn AND the asst. coaches.

Halcon-1 and JDaveG like this

I don't know, I've seen some pretty unlikely and crazy stuff throughout my time as a fan of this team but I've never seen anything like this. I can't really explain how it's possible. We had this super bowl contending caliber team playing at the level of an all time worst defense for 8 weeks. Impossible to wrap my head around that. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
mqg96 likes this