Spts1

You have to bring Quinn back

78 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Cole World said:

Because the goal is to win Super bowls and him missing out on the playoffs doesn’t help his cause. Can’t continue to give Blank excuses for why you can’t get the job done.

Yes, three things hurt his cause. The fact that when he had his thumbs on things they didn’t work, that he waited until half the season was gone to try something to shake things up, and also looking at the whole body of work which at best will most likely be 8-8. I’m just trying to think how Arthur would look at things. It’s easy for us to say he should be fired, but when you have a close working relationship and friendship with someone it can be tough to make that kind of decisions. Ann’s we know that good or bad, loyal is something Arthur is to the core

shockerfalcon likes this

Whatever they choose to do will be the wrong choice. This is the Falcons remember?

If they fire everyone we rebuild and everyone goes through new schemes and wastes players time in their prime. If we keep everyone we end up in the same place after the league figures out the tweaks we made to our defense.

Perpetual mediocrity is where this franchise is and will be no matter what.

I think we need to move on and get a offensive coach.. you can retain our LB coach or Morris to coach our Defense...

Edited by Fernando C.

GTFO. I understand he won two games. The Saints game was simply the Saints underperforming and I had a feeling the Falcons would beat up on the Buccs and Panthers. Quinn squandered the season with hi BS defensive play-calling and poor preparation. The team has been regressing, just because they beat a team with Kyle Allen playing QB, doesn't mean they should bring back play Quinn.

I am quite sure that AB is having some bigtime heavy hitting closed door meetings with his HC right now. Quinn needs to be able to explain why there has been such a dramatic transition...in a way that AB will understand it AND believe in it going forward. Otw...he is still going to get the axe. I will admit...I wanted Quinn gone...what I saw was unacceptable, But now....lets just let this season play on out first.

This is definitely one of those..."How you like me now?" type of situations.

Even though the season is a flop...its nice to see the Falcons go out there and kick some tail! I really want this domination to continue! I got tired of seeing them get lambasted week in and week out. Lets get some payback!  TB...you are next!

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was bad as player execution more than coaching in my opinion. Go watch the games again. Rooks and vets.

Someone help me find the player quoted as saying Morris told him to get his head out of his iPad, forget the play calls, and to just play. That was in the lead up to the Saints game. This was a case of coaching harming and preventing player execution on the field of play.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was bad as player execution more than coaching in my opinion. Go watch the games again. Rooks and vets.

Same players.  Playing better.

Whatever could the difference be?  Coaching?

13 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Someone help me find the player quoted as saying Morris told him to get his head out of his iPad, forget the play calls, and to just play. That was in the lead up to the Saints game. This was a case of coaching harming and preventing player execution on the field of play.

Ricardo Allen 

rounz likes this

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

3-7

Exactly. If we go 7-9 or 8-8 and keep Quinn because of “momentum”, we’ll miss the playoffs and not have a high draft pick. Literally the same thing we did last season.

How many seasons are we going through throw down the toilet because of momentum?

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Agreed.the players said this themselves as well.

5 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Agreed.the players said this themselves as well.

So did the players take it upon themselves to play better?

Or does coaching have something to do with it?

Some of y’all are gonna be real sore when Quinn trots out onto the field week 1 in 2020.

Blank has been reluctant to blame/fire him all along and some posters have been saying for weeks that he may be back.

shockerfalcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Some of y’all are gonna be real sore when Quinn trots out onto the field week 1 in 2020.

Blank has been reluctant to blame/fire him all along and some posters have been saying for weeks that he may be back.

If the Falcons go 6-0 here on out then sure.

But how short of a leash would he be on next year if The Falcons start out 1-4?

Or what happens if Ulbrich or Morris leave for DC jobs? 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Same players.  Playing better.

Whatever could the difference be?  Coaching?

Yeah players, not just one or two but pretty much across the board, all of a certain sacking QB, stopping 3rd down, forcing turnovers like they were finally giving better abilities and stats like in Madden.  Either that or they finally aren’t being confused by the play calling and told to just play football.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Obviously 2 quality wins aren’t going to cut it with the disaster of the first 8 games. I’m not sure if they have to run the table but I don’t think the margin for error is great. A losing season, I think he may be gone. 

And I’m not saying he should or shouldn’t be fired. I’m a Dan Quinn fan but somebody has to fall on the sword with how the team has underperformed up until the last two games. BUT, if DQ is gone TD should be too.

As far as Morris and Ulbrich— Morris is asst head coach so I don’t think the falcons are obligated to let him interview for anything less than a HC job so it’s as simple as promoting Ulbrich to DC if that’s the case. 

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

@Butudontseeme™

Who falls on the sword for the defense?

You clearly can’t fire Ulbrich or Morris now.

Good point.  You have to have a scapegoat for the first 8 games debacle on defense.  

16 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

BUT, if DQ is gone TD should be too.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but this team looked inept with question marks at every position almost to a competent roster that can compete with nfc contenders in a week...that tells me the ingredients may have been correct but the chef didn't understand the recipe.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

10 hours ago, athell said:

Every team can do the "say we" game.  We got to 1-7 because we were an unprepared, undisciplined football team.  That arrow points one direction.

I can agree, but the same issues you're pointing out seem to be corrected at this time. 

Gonna be a lot of disappointed DQ haters come next year. Personally I think his job is already safe after the past 2 performances any more wins are just icing on the cake. I firmly believe that AB doesn’t want to fire anyone I don’t believe he ever did. It’s clear now that the players believe in the coaching staff that counts a lot to AB. like someone mentioned earlier AB is loyal to a fault remember his initial reaction was to support Vick after news of the dog fighting ring broke. 

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The leash needs to be short, starting now. One bad loss where bad preparation is evident should jettison him out the door. Payback has to be **** for the mess he allowed to happen in the first half. 

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

@Butudontseeme™

Who falls on the sword for the defense?

You clearly can’t fire Ulbrich or Morris now.

You’re right. But I don’t know if I see a new HC keeping coaches from the previous staff. 

It’ll be interesting to see what plays out

7 hours ago, athell said:

Not necessarily disagreeing, but this team looked inept with question marks at every position almost to a competent roster that can compete with nfc contenders in a week...that tells me the ingredients may have been correct but the chef didn't understand the recipe.

I agree. But TD has lost his luster to me and I think a handful of his moves are keeping the team afloat and some of his inadequacies are a burden. 

As far as the first half play, Quinn deserves blame but I feel the players were absolutely not playing up to their potential either, partly just looking lost in a way that they shouldn’t have as pros.