Spts1

You have to bring Quinn back

78 posts in this topic

Today proved that last week wasn't a fluke game.  Quinn made the right moves by letting Morris and Ulbrich run the defense.  Koetter even doing things here and there...:lol:    Seriously,  you don't mess with whats not broken ( should have learned from getting rid of Sark and Manuel last season).  You need the cohesion to stay together when its working.    I would have liked Chase Young or Jeff Okudah but the Falcons are gonna win their way into the middle of the first round.  ( doesn't rule out trading up ).   They still should look at drafting a quarterback for the future and either trade up or best player available this coming draft.  I'm convinced the coaches need to stay...

Edited by Spts1
dekalbs#2 likes this

16 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Today proved that last week wasn't a fluke game.  Quinn made the right moves by letting Morris and Ulbrich run the defense.  Koetter even doing things here and there...:lol:    Seriously,  you don't mess with whats not broken ( should have learned from getting rid of Sark and Manuel last season).  You need the cohesion to stay together when its working.    I would have liked Chase Young or Jeff Okudah but the Falcons are gonna win their way into the middle of the first round.  ( doesn't rule out trading up ).   They still should look at drafting a quarterback for the future and either trade up or best player available this coming draft.  I'm convinced the coaches need to stay...

3-7

17 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I think it’s the other way around. Quinn hasn’t shown he can do anything. Shanny’s Offense was the reason for our super bowl run and it wasn’t until Quinn was relieved of play calling responsibilities that we started performing on defense this year. 

My question for Quinn would be “What would ya say ya do here?”

Chitown2ATL_Falcon and Osiruz like this

The last two weeks has shown firing coaches will only set us further back than we are now. Bringing in a fresh staff isn't always the answer either. I keep saying it, but continuity is sometimes the only thing you need.

We had a disastrous start to the season,  but we had some bad luck too. Unfortunate Int early in the year, took us out of games. Bryant missed a game tying extra point to force OT. Then he misses multiple FG's that could have made a difference against Seattle. 

Say we beat the Colts, Cards, & Seahawks. We're now 6-4. With the recent adjustments, this team could've really been in position to make a deep run. Highly doubt there's any talk about firing anyone really.

1 hour ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

The last two weeks has shown firing coaches will only set us further back than we are now. Bringing in a fresh staff isn't always the answer either. I keep saying it, but continuity is sometimes the only thing you need.

We had a disastrous start to the season,  but we had some bad luck too. Unfortunate Int early in the year, took us out of games. Bryant missed a game tying extra point to force OT. Then he misses multiple FG's that could have made a difference against Seattle. 

Say we beat the Colts, Cards, & Seahawks. We're now 6-4. With the recent adjustments, this team could've really been in position to make a deep run. Highly doubt there's any talk about firing anyone really.

Every team can do the "say we" game.  We got to 1-7 because we were an unprepared, undisciplined football team.  That arrow points one direction.

Vandy, Cole World, brewman and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Quinn is still running the defense.

But i agree , Quinn should stay. Im tired of coaching changes. We never give a coach a chance to really get settled and learn from his mistakes. Give him more time.

thajames and Champagne like this

2 hours ago, dothan_birdman said:

I'm not enamored with Koetter at all.....but IF the D maintains this level of play and performance, I can see them staying. And it just reiterates that it was in fact coaching weaknesses that led to our disastrous start. That has to be addresses somehow.

That was bad as player execution more than coaching in my opinion. Go watch the games again. Rooks and vets.

1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

I think it’s the other way around. Quinn hasn’t shown he can do anything. Shanny’s Offense was the reason for our super bowl run and it wasn’t until Quinn was relieved of play calling responsibilities that we started performing on defense this year. 

My question for Quinn would be “What would ya say ya do here?”

Quinn didn't get relieved of his play calling duties. He spread it out , he's still running this defense, still over the play calling, and still doing the game plans. Just because he let someone else start calling the defense , doesn't mean he he isn't still over it. 

JDaveG and me4falcons like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That was bad as player execution more than coaching in my opinion. Go watch the games again. Rooks and vets.

It's videos all over the net showing the terrible player execution week after week. Only thing I'd put on Quinn is him not benching slackers or waiting so late to shake it up, but overall the players were F'n up.

Regular Guy and me4falcons like this

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Agreed. Let's reevaluate this if we run the table or come close to it like 7-1

Yeah, I’m as giddy as everyone else but this team has shown they’re more than capable of laying a smoking turd any given Sunday (I realize all teams can it’s NFL) but we did it basically 8 games in row.   Let’s review end of December and just enjoy what we’re seeing, pray it’s for real.  

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

44 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, I’m as giddy as everyone else but this team has shown they’re more than capable of laying a smoking turd any given Sunday (I realize all teams can it’s NFL) but we did it basically 8 games in row.   Let’s review end of December and just enjoy what we’re seeing, pray it’s for real.  

After the sh1tsh0w of the 1-7 start, these past two weeks have been incredibly fun to watch.  I'm with you...hoping its for real. 

BUBBASBEANS and CaliFalcons like this

It would be hard to have any optimism going into next season if DQ is still here. Wether they win out, lose out or somewhere in between, I've seen enough of DQ as this team's HC.

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Coaching was god-awful. Opposing OCs were out coaching the DC every single game.

2 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Quinn didn't get relieved of his play calling duties. He spread it out , he's still running this defense, still over the play calling, and still doing the game plans. Just because he let someone else start calling the defense , doesn't mean he he isn't still over it. 

He’s always been over it, 5 years running. 

THEHEADCOACH, athell and mqg96 like this

If in fact we continue this run and finish strong, it puts Arthur in a tough place. I honestly don’t see how you can let him go if he finishes strong. However, I would put him on a very short leash from this point on. Any more prolonged funks like multiple consecutive games where the team looks clueless again and it’s an immediate firing mid season. 

FalconJim likes this

3 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Yes, apparently, Quinn made the right moves by switching the coaches around....just wish he'd done it sooner!  Stubbornness? Maybe.  Ego?  I don't think so.  I just think he realized we needed a fresh approach, and it's worked --- so far! 
And I agree, it might be too soon to think about changing the HC.  In my mind, it will depend on how we play the next SIX games.  If we ball-out (4-5 wins), give Quinn another year, with the stipulation that we make the post season, or he's gone.  Of course, if we stink it up, he should get the boot! 
Oh, and we're set at QB right now, so don't even think about it!!!   ;)  

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

If in fact we continue this run and finish strong, it puts Arthur in a tough place. I honestly don’t see how you can let him go if he finishes strong. However, I would put him on a very short leash from this point on. Any more prolonged funks like multiple consecutive games where the team looks clueless again and it’s an immediate firing mid season. 

Because the goal is to win Super bowls and him missing out on the playoffs doesn’t help his cause. Can’t continue to give Blank excuses for why you can’t get the job done.