matty72780

Odds of playoffs

62 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Its pretty easy to tell how low our chances are but giving the Saints a second drubbing is great in my book.

to sum up we need either the Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings or 49ers to lose out and the Cowboys/Panthers/Eagles/Rams to finish 9-7 or worse

For perspective on how SOL we are:

The 8-2 Saints play Panthers 2x, Titans, Colts. I would be surprised if they don't win 3 of those 4. They also play us and the 49ers

The 8-2 Packers play the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Lions, think we can all agree they will go 4 for 4 on those games. They also play the 49ers and Vikings so if they lose either or both of those we are ******

The 8-2 Seahawks play Cards, Rams, Panthers, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Vikings, Eagles, 49ers

The 8-3 Vikings play Chargers, Lions, Bears, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Seahawks and Packers

The 9-1 49ers play Packers, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens and Falcons easily the hardest schedule of all 5 teams but they should win at least 2 more games.

My bet is all the NFC playoff teams besides the NFC East will be at least 11-5 this year.

I’m just gonna say (and I know how slim the odds are) but I could actually see saints dropping 4 of those 5.  Never forget, much like our maligned franchise, they having losing and crushing defeats in their DNA........just saying.....Minnesota miracle.....rams last year........their Seattle meltdown.......Michael Haynes baby!!

53 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I’m just gonna say (and I know how slim the odds are) but I could actually see saints dropping 4 of those 5.  Never forget, much like our maligned franchise, they having losing and crushing defeats in their DNA........just saying.....Minnesota miracle.....rams last year........their Seattle meltdown.......Michael Haynes baby!!

yeah, but they went 5-0 with teddy ******* bridgewater, their overall team is better than what we saw last week.

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This ain't even close to being it 

16 minutes ago, Romfal said:

yeah, but they went 5-0 with teddy ******* bridgewater, their overall team is better than what we saw last week.

I know.....it’s just nice to ponder even that slim possibility.  9-7 I would be great even if we don’t get in.  Nice to have someone to root for finally

12 minutes ago, caponine said:

This ain't even close to being it 

There is quite a difference in blowing one important game and peeing away 1/2 of a season when ur in drivers seat for sure...but.....much like getting struck by lightening twice on same day.....it’s not 100% impossible (probably 99.99999%).  

8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

As much as I love draft picks,, I'd rather see this team win out.. And learn how to play for next season... And that is a lot more important than the players we will get in the draft.... Having a higher draft pick is just not as important as we fans think,, It's How well we draft and how well we use what picks we have ,, Not how many picks we have .. If we can hit with our picks,, That's what makes a team a lot better.

Right on Draftnut! Good to see you and yes.....tired of the april superbowls!

Division crown? Maybe not so crazy?

This week, Falcons defense should feast on Jameis Pickston, 5 sacks, 3 INT. Picked up the ATL D on my fantasy in prep for that. Kyle Allen rebounds, as does their pass rush. Aints have looked shaky at times. I honestly believe that with, say, Fitzmagic, Tampa wins. Winston's picks were killer. Even had a chance to cut the lead from 10 to 3, instead made it 17.

On Turkey day, take care of business against you know who. Cowboys win + Falcons win (indifferent toward the Bears/Lions game) and I'm EXTRA thankful.

Week 14, complete the sweep of the Panthers, let old buddy Shanahan take care of the Aints for us.

Week 15, make or break. Seattle can take care of the Panthers and (mostly) eliminate that threat. Niners will be tough, but they do have weaknesses. Arizona almost beat them (yes, w/o Kittle, but still), if the Falcons heat up and stay hot they can beat anyone. I truly believe the Seahawks will take the West and a first round bye. Aints at Colts will be a fun MNF game. Nawlins almost let the Texans beat them (THANK YOU O'Brien and your prevent), and again, the Colts are surprisingly good without Luck, thanks to Frank Reich (my Coach of the Year choice). Assuming all goes well, sets up this before the home stretch (last 2 games). Tall order, yes, but not impossible.

NO: 8-6

ATL: 7-7

CAR: 7-7

Now that's a three way race, ATL has a 5-0 division record. Probably wishful thinking from all of us, but maybe. Would love all the delicious tears out of Saints fans if they choke the division lead. And then the Falcons go deep into the playoffs. Ad good luck charm Ryan Allen has never missed the postseason in his career, just sayin'. 

this is one of the weirdest seasons I have seen in a long time.. I mean it is up there with the MV7 debacle .....  <_< 

No playiffs, but we have this.

) The Falcons could steamroll through the NFC South. Since halftime of their Week 8 game, when they put up 20 points in a loss to Seattle, the Falcons have outscored their opponents in that stretch (including the Seahawks, the Saints in a Week 10 win and the Panthers in a Week 11 triumph) by a combined score of 75-15. They haven't given up a touchdown in those 10 quarters. The switch of assistant Raheem Morris (whose coaching background is in defense) from receivers coach to secondary coach and third-down defensive play-callerearlier this month can't explain everything, although it sure seems to have helped.

The energy and tackling by Dan Quinn's group has proved contagious. The Falconshave 11 sacks in two games after having only seven in the first eight weeks. The return of cornerback Desmond Trufant, who's been out since Week 5 with a toe injury, on Sunday made a huge difference. Teams change during the season, and this was always a talented, underperforming group. Few plays in football are as pretty as a Matt Ryan rainbow under pressure, and the QB hit on a number of them to Calvin Ridley and Julio Jones in Carolina.

After convincing road wins over the Saintsand Panthers, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Falcons won five NFC South games in five weeks, with three straight home games coming up against the Bucs, Saints and Panthers. The Saints-Falcons game on Thanksgiving night in Atlanta looks especially dangerous for a Saints team trying to earn the NFC's No. 1 seed again.

The good news for Dan Quinn is that his team is fun to watch again, and he's not ending 2019 on a disastrous note. The bad news is that even eight straight wins probably wouldn't guarantee he's coming back as head coach next season.