matty72780

Odds of playoffs

62 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Even that happens we lose in tie breaker.

Just no way Falcons make it and in all honesty we need high draft pick not another Embarrassing playoff meltdown with memes in media.

We would be 9-7, they would be 8-8...we win the tie breaker.

And yes, there is a way. I am sure it won't happen, but their is a highly improbable way. 

28 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Even that happens we lose in tie breaker.

Just no way Falcons make it and in all honesty we need high draft pick not another Embarrassing playoff meltdown with memes in media.

Also, on the draft pick. It is impossible to know if the Falcons would get a better NFL player with the # 3 pick than they would with the #16 pick. You would hope they would. There is a better chance to get a stud. But, you never really know.

Tanking is a losers hope. Its easier to say you didn't try hard than to try hard and fail. It may be the new way of thinking, but I don't want the player, coach, or executive who falls for that trap. The truth is, either way, you failed. If, on the other you, you address why you failed and fix it, you'll get a bad draft position every year and love it. 

43 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't know how anyone who was there last year can say this feels the same as last year when they scraped together some wins. That was them clawing back to barely beat better teams. This team? They're stomping division rivals in their own house. I haven't felt this way about the Falcons since 2016. I legitimately can't remember a time I felt this good about the defense either. If they keep rolling, you don't break it up.

Side note - we'll be fine in the draft regardless. It's worth it to ruin the Saints Superbowl hopes imho.

I have no problem with us winning. I don't want to tank for the draft and I certainly love whipping up in the 'Aints and Panties.

I just don't buy much into things carrying over from one season to the next, but hopefully this D we've been seeing will do it. Maybe DQ finally stumbled into the secret sauce, and if so I hope he doesn't change the recipe.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't know how anyone who was there last year can say this feels the same as last year when they scraped together some wins. That was them clawing back to barely beat better teams. This team? They're stomping division rivals in their own house. I haven't felt this way about the Falcons since 2016. I legitimately can't remember a time I felt this good about the defense either. If they keep rolling, you don't break it up.

Side note - we'll be fine in the draft regardless. It's worth it to ruin the Saints Superbowl hopes imho.

Anything to ruin aints.  

7 hours ago, falcndave said:

Probably up to a solid 7.495% now. 

Every team we needed to lose also won so it probably went down to <1%

14 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Falcons will not make playoffs. Just impossible.

Our goal is to get high draft pick and not sure if we can attain that at this point.

Bipolar state of franchise.

Will be 14-18 # team in NFL (mid tier at best)

This teams likely gonna win too many games down stretch.  

Let's not get out in front of our skis now. We started this ascension to late, unfortunately.  What we can do is build for the future. 

A few more games like this and you can forget Mr. Blank changing out this regime. So we have to build on it from there.

Maybe Quinn has finally found the elixir that makes this club tick. He if can stop being stubborn, admit his errors, let the best players play, and TD cuts the dead wait (including Free) we might actually have something.

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

14 hours ago, stingbee said:

I don’t give a **** about the draft— you play to win and be competitive. This type of momentum will carry to next year if they can keep this type of play and passion. 

Oh yeah.

Just like the end of last season.

Falcons odds of play-offs is -100%. Rams, Vikings, Saints, or Seahawks would have to lose 5 or 6 games not going to happen. Just root for 9-7 for winning season. 

16 hours ago, matty72780 said:

95Ok, it’s a long shot BUT there is still a shot. We play all NFC south teams tough, we could go undefeated in our division. Then we have SF & JAX which we could win as well. The hole we dug is SO SO SO deep being that we’d virtually lose all tiebreakers to anyone besides the Eagles. If Broncos can hold on against Minnesota, 49ers beat cardinals, and Pats beat Eagles everything we’d of needed to happen this week would of. 

Look, it’s an absolute long shot and miracle if this would ever happen but we’re playing amazing football for the last 10 quarters; we’re playing up to our potential. If we can be responsible for the greatest sports collapse in history, why can’t we redeem with the greatest comeback story!? 

WIN OUT BOYS! 

What you say is true... It blows my mind how this season has been and the turn around is like nothing I've ever seen,, The kind of thing we talk about hoping for,, and deep down we know 98% of the time this would never have happened.. To be now  in a spot it seems like now we are unbeatable.. As I heard an old preacher say one time after a great Church meeting.. he said,, "I've never saw it on this fashion." That fits pretty good for this team and the way they are playing , or as you put it.. The way WE are playing.. :slick::lol:

Best case scenario is Falcons beat Saints again, and Saints lose to 49ers, Colts, Panthers twice. And Falcons win out. So about the odds of falling out of plane, into a pool of sharks and getting struck by lightning twice on the same day you win the lottery. 

crimsonhawk likes this

21 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Best case scenario is Falcons beat Saints again, and Saints lose to 49ers, Colts, Panthers twice. And Falcons win out. So about the odds of falling out of plane, into a pool of sharks and getting struck by lightning twice on the same day you win the lottery. 

And being saved by a super model who loves you for you.....

7 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This teams likely gonna win too many games down stretch.  

They will beat Tampa and the  raise our hopes for the Saints game ....and then infront of national television on thanks giving embarrass us yet again.

BUBBASBEANS likes this

21 hours ago, stingbee said:

I don’t give a **** about the draft— you play to win and be competitive. This type of momentum will carry to next year if they can keep this type of play and passion. 

That's what they said when we won the final 3 last year.

1 minute ago, brewman said:

That's what they said when we won the final 3 last year.

If we were looking sloppy and scraping by - needing a historic comeback just to beat the freaking Bucs - I'd agree that it's similar to last year. It isn't. This is blowing out two division rivals with winning records in their own houses. This is flat out unprecedented for the team. 

22 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Falcons will not make playoffs. Just impossible.

Our goal is to get high draft pick and not sure if we can attain that at this point.

Bipolar state of franchise.

Will be 14-18 # team in NFL (mid tier at best)

As much as I love draft picks,, I'd rather see this team win out.. And learn how to play for next season... And that is a lot more important than the players we will get in the draft.... Having a higher draft pick is just not as important as we fans think,, It's How well we draft and how well we use what picks we have ,, Not how many picks we have .. If we can hit with our picks,, That's what makes a team a lot better.

2 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

They will beat Tampa and the  raise our hopes for the Saints game ....and then infront of national television on thanks giving embarrass us yet again.

It would be the Falcon way man!

As everyone knows it’s a long shot to make it but if we ever have a chance it starts with the Panthers hopefully bouncing back from that embarrassment this week vs the Saints and then it’s on us to hand them a 2nd L in a row. If the saints are 8-4 heading into that showdown with the Niners that’s really all we can hope for. After that let them fall where they may. 

BUBBASBEANS likes this

19 minutes ago, *Old Pappy Falcon* said:

Who really knows anymore at this point lol. But I will ,and will always say like years gone by....as long as we beat the Aints twice it's a beautiful season.

Its pretty easy to tell how low our chances are but giving the Saints a second drubbing is great in my book.

to sum up we need either the Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings or 49ers to lose out and the Cowboys/Panthers/Eagles/Rams to finish 9-7 or worse

For perspective on how SOL we are:

The 8-2 Saints play Panthers 2x, Titans, Colts. I would be surprised if they don't win 3 of those 4. They also play us and the 49ers

The 8-2 Packers play the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Lions, think we can all agree they will go 4 for 4 on those games. They also play the 49ers and Vikings so if they lose either or both of those we are ******

The 8-2 Seahawks play Cards, Rams, Panthers, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Vikings, Eagles, 49ers

The 8-3 Vikings play Chargers, Lions, Bears, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Seahawks and Packers

The 9-1 49ers play Packers, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens and Falcons easily the hardest schedule of all 5 teams but they should win at least 2 more games.

My bet is all the NFC playoff teams besides the NFC East will be at least 11-5 this year.

1 minute ago, Romfal said:

Its pretty easy to tell how low our chances are but giving the Saints a second drubbing is great in my book.

to sum up we need either the Saints, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings or 49ers to lose out and the Cowboys/Panthers/Eagles/Rams to finish 9-7 or worse

For perspective on how SOL we are:

The 8-2 Saints play Panthers 2x, Titans, Colts. I would be surprised if they don't win 3 of those 4. They also play us and the 49ers

The 8-2 Packers play the Giants, Redskins, Bears and Lions, think we can all agree they will go 4 for 4 on those games. They also play the 49ers and Vikings so if they lose either or both of those we are ******

The 8-2 Seahawks play Cards, Rams, Panthers, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Vikings, Eagles, 49ers

The 8-3 Vikings play Chargers, Lions, Bears, they will easily win 2 of those 3. They also play the Seahawks and Packers

The 9-1 49ers play Packers, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens and Falcons easily the hardest schedule of all 5 teams but they should win at least 2 more games.

My bet is all the NFC playoff teams besides the NFC East will be at least 11-5 this year.

Rainman wouldn't have put it the way you did brother. That's a serious layout! Good stuff!!!!  Losing out for some of our rivals and a few others could happen. They aren't promised any win! I like this mindset you have! ESPN wouldn't dare put this out in our favor lol.