matty72780

Odds of playoffs

62 posts in this topic

Ok, it’s a long shot BUT there is still a shot. We play all NFC south teams tough, we could go undefeated in our division. Then we have SF & JAX which we could win as well. The hole we dug is SO SO SO deep being that we’d virtually lose all tiebreakers to anyone besides the Eagles. If Broncos can hold on against Minnesota, 49ers beat cardinals, and Pats beat Eagles everything we’d of needed to happen this week would of. 
 

Look, it’s an absolute long shot and miracle if this would ever happen but we’re playing amazing football for the last 10 quarters; we’re playing up to our potential. If we can be responsible for the greatest sports collapse in history, why can’t we redeem with the greatest comeback story!? 
 

WIN OUT BOYS! 

Edited by matty72780
capitan, Shnikies and roguebeaver like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings are back in the game now and Seattle is good too go. Those are the two teams you need to worry about. Saints have already won this game 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caponine said:

Vikings are back in the game now and Seattle is good too go. Those are the two teams you need to worry about. Saints have already won this game 

Agreed. Both those teams have tough schedules though. We’d need a miracle but you never know. 

capitan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Agreed. Both those teams have tough schedules though. We’d need a miracle but you never know. 

True good point , just have too see what happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings or Seattle will have to finish with a worse record than us as they both hold the head to head tie breakers over us. We need to win out and a miracle like you said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Vikings or Seattle will have to finish with a worse record than us as they both hold the head to head tie breakers over us. We need to win out and a miracle like you said. 

If vikings win today then that makes it all but impossible,  Seattle always plays good in December. Packers as well 

Vikings, Saints, Seattle, and Packers only need 2 more wins. 

Edited by caponine
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

denver is about to **** us hard if they blow that big lead and lose. Too many good teams need to lose out for us to even have a chance, so I would say our playoff hopes are less than 1%

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Romfal said:

denver is about to **** us hard if they blow that big lead and lose. Too many good teams need to lose out for us to even have a chance, so I would say our playoff hopes are less than 1%

Driving...there's a chance. All of their remaining games are loseable too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Driving...there's a chance. All of their remaining games are loseable too.

choked it away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

Ok, it’s a long shot BUT there is still a shot. We play all NFC south teams tough, we could go undefeated in our division. Then we have SF & JAX which we could win as well. The hole we dug is SO SO SO deep being that we’d virtually lose all tiebreakers to anyone besides the Eagles. If Broncos can hold on against Minnesota, 49ers beat cardinals, and Pats beat Eagles everything we’d of needed to happen this week would of. 
 

Look, it’s an absolute long shot and miracle if this would ever happen but we’re playing amazing football for the last 10 quarters; we’re playing up to our potential. If we can be responsible for the greatest sports collapse in history, why can’t we redeem with the greatest comeback story!? 
 

WIN OUT BOYS! 

Falcons will not make playoffs. Just impossible.

Our goal is to get high draft pick and not sure if we can attain that at this point.

Bipolar state of franchise.

Will be 14-18 # team in NFL (mid tier at best)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Falcons will not make playoffs. Just impossible.

Our goal is to get high draft pick and not sure if we can attain that at this point.

Bipolar state of franchise.

Will be 14-18 # team in NFL (mid tier at best)

People often confuse the words impossible and improbable. At the moment, it is only technically improbable. How improbable? There are currently 6 teams in the NFC with 8 wins. The Falcons would need to win every game, and have at least one of those six teams lose every remaining game. If we assume both of those things happen...their chances zoom all the way up to about 30% :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Falcons will not make playoffs. Just impossible.

Our goal is to get high draft pick and not sure if we can attain that at this point.

Bipolar state of franchise.

Will be 14-18 # team in NFL (mid tier at best)

I don’t give a **** about the draft— you play to win and be competitive. This type of momentum will carry to next year if they can keep this type of play and passion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, falcndave said:

People often confuse the words impossible and improbable. At the moment, it is only technically improbable. How improbable? There are currently 6 teams in the NFC with 8 wins. The Falcons would need to win every game, and have at least one of those six teams lose every remaining game. If we assume both of those things happen...their chances zoom all the way up to about 30% :)

Even that happens we lose in tie breaker.

Just no way Falcons make it and in all honesty we need high draft pick not another Embarrassing playoff meltdown with memes in media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stingbee said:

I don’t give a **** about the draft— you play to win and be competitive. This type of momentum will carry to next year if they can keep this type of play and passion. 

You need skill sets with depth at every position...especially on defensive side.

We need playmakers in trenches to allow Ryan & offense enough time to make big plays.

And most importantly we need a HEAD COACH who wont rescind his play calling duties mid season.

Too many chefs in back office.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stingbee said:

I don’t give a **** about the draft— you play to win and be competitive. This type of momentum will carry to next year if they can keep this type of play and passion. 

LMAO

Just like the momentum from late last year carried over to this one??

jstammer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

LMAO

Just like the momentum from late last year carried over to this one??

 

14 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

:munch:

Don't know how anyone who was there last year can say this feels the same as last year when they scraped together some wins. That was them clawing back to barely beat better teams. This team? They're stomping division rivals in their own house. I haven't felt this way about the Falcons since 2016. I legitimately can't remember a time I felt this good about the defense either. If they keep rolling, you don't break it up.

Side note - we'll be fine in the draft regardless. It's worth it to ruin the Saints Superbowl hopes imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now