THIS team could actually win a Super Bowl

dominatethesouth

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

Not this year unfortunately 

I know the chances of making it are virtually zero. But right now they are playing championship quality football. It's like watching a completely different team.  Unfortunately,  even if they win out,  they probably don't  make the playoffs. It's fun watching them play right now. 

Loving it watching the Falcons on Sunday the last 2 weeks. Dan Quinn stopped calling plays on defense or is very limited at the most with his input as far as we know. Just wondering if Koetter is doing the same thing or not, having someone else assist him or take over some of the play calling? I mean sure at this point Quinn is making a good case to be retained next year. Is the guy, (whoever that we hired as the Falcons in game manager), doing anything, apart of the team still? Because if so what is Quinn’s job now? In game/practice motivator?

Wouldn’t be opposed to putting Raheem Morris as DC or keep him coaching DB’s and remain assistant HC, & Jeff Ulbrich as DC l, if Quinn goes. Also Koetter is just too vanilla. Would love to get Mike McDaniel as HC. We are built for a West Coast offense & know McDaniel’s style as he is Kyle Shanahan’s protege. He can scheme & mix things up. Matt Ryan would have a guy that runs a offense he excels for the rest of his career, & McDaniel wouldn’t  get poached away when he had success. Since he has never been a coordinator, mainly because Kyle does his own thing or he would have been one by now, he could always hire is own in game manager to assist him and have Raheem Morris a former HC to help him get situated. Just whatever we are doing on defense needs to continue. And I’m sorry but Koetter really needs to go. Mike McDaniel, I feel would be a perfect fit with his background. What are your  thoughts my fellow Falcon fans?

12 minutes ago, Mr.Falcon79 said:

Loving it watching the Falcons on Sunday the last 2 weeks. Dan Quinn stopped calling plays on defense or is very limited at the most with his input as far as we know. Just wondering if Koetter is doing the same thing or not, having someone else assist him or take over some of the play calling? I mean sure at this point Quinn is making a good case to be retained next year. Is the guy, (whoever that we hired as the Falcons in game manager), doing anything, apart of the team still? Because if so what is Quinn’s job now? In game/practice motivator?

1 minute ago, nomak said:

A 7-9 Seahawks made the playoffs. No they didn't win the SB but getting to the playoffs and seeing what might happen would be fun. A long way to go but its fun for now. 

Watching this team one month ago was depressing.  Watching them the the last two weeks had been puzzling,  but amazing. 

Not at all. Panthers is not scary team. I am not convinced that Kyle Allen should be the next franchise QB for Panthers. Drew Brees and Kamara were not at their best after injuries. Of course, i am going to give it to Falcons that they have fixed the defense and played rock solid. But  i am not convinced yet. Show the same effort in the last couple of games and i will buy it. However, i think that DQ might save his head coach title in Atlanta. He gets the last shot next year. 

i really think we could keep Quinn given Blanks affection to him, but need an offensive minded head coach. With all Quinn’s assistants doing every aspect of his job other that being a rah rah, pat you on the butt & say good job, what is he doing? Get Mike McDaniel in here as your HC and Ryan & the offense can run the same offense until Ryan/ Julio retires and never have to keep changing and learning completely new playbooks every 4 years. Quinn has an OC & Staff that take care of the offense. Quinn has an in game manager to assist on that. He has R. Morris & J. Ulbrich calling plays on defense. He stinks as a DC. That is his bread and butter. Sure we are winning now but Quinn brings little to the table, he has delegated everything out. When your a defensive guru allegedly & remove yourself from calling the Defensive plays & team starts playing lights out plus given the situation I mentioned above why do we need him? How would Mike McDaniel not make a better HC with his style of offense and would give the offense stability &would not have to worry about him leaving like K. Shanahan? Give Mike McDaniel a in game manager, maybe Gary Kubiack since he allegedly doesn’t want to be a HC again & could still help Mike McDaniel along the way to becoming a great HC. 

Edited by Mr.Falcon79

This is not a super bowl caliber team; it's an illusion based on how totally horrible they were the first eight games. 

The fact that they're playing inspired defense the past couple games against division foes makes them look a lot better than they really are.  But don't get me wrong...they look really good now. 

And it's fun beating NFCS enemies, draft order and all that tank crap be dammed.   

14 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This is not a super bowl caliber team; it's an illusion based on how totally horrible they were the first eight games. 

The fact that they're playing inspired defense the past couple games against division foes makes them look a lot better than they really are.  

But it's fun beating NFCS enemies, draft order and all that tank crap be dammed.   

I may be in the minority but during the preseason I thought this defense played very well. And then the regular season started.  And it looked like a different defense. The defense had played lights out the last two weeks.  Defense wins championships. If this defense can stay consistent,  then this team can win.  It may be too little too late, but if this defense stays consistent,  I will be a proud Falcons fan. There was no pride the first 8 weeks.  No pride in being a fan,  and no pride on the defensive side of the ball.