Texas A&M vs #4 Georgia

Carter

On the rewatch for me against Auburn when I was paying attention (they did cut out a few parts though), it definitely looked like a bit of everything and not just pointing at Fromm. There are about 3 plays where you can see some possible misses, but only 1 is really glaring and I actually missed it during the game. On the deep middle throw to Cager, he had Robertson wide open on an out. On the other cases he looked like he had a short clock in his mind for the rush.

In the other cases that stood out, there was a handful of tipped passes, dropped balls, maybe questionable no calls, and to top it off, at least 3 questionable play calls to me. I'd need to see the all-22 otherwise to make a judgment. 

As for this week's game, it's a trap game and I don't like the weather forecast. Hopefully the front moves through before the game but if not it could be sloppy/ugly. It's another that Georgia should slog their way to a win though.

9 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

On the rewatch for me against Auburn when I was paying attention (they did cut out a few parts though), it definitely looked like a bit of everything and not just pointing at Fromm. There are about 3 plays where you can see some possible misses, but only 1 is really glaring and I actually missed it during the game. On the deep middle throw to Cager, he had Robertson wide open on an out. On the other cases he looked like he had a short clock in his mind for the rush.

In the other cases that stood out, there was a handful of tipped passes, dropped balls, maybe questionable no calls, and to top it off, at least 3 questionable play calls to me. I'd need to see the all-22 otherwise to make a judgment. 

As for this week's game, it's a trap game and I don't like the weather forecast. Hopefully the front moves through before the game but if not it could be sloppy/ugly. It's another that Georgia should slog their way to a win though.

I just think Fromm doesn't trust anyone except Cager and he's having chemistry issues with the other receivers. He doesn't seem to gel with Coley all too well to boot. 

ATM shouldn't be too much of a trap game as this is the last home game of the year and it's on the CBS prime slot. They have been playing good ball lately so I expect a relatively close game 

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

where fromm throws or doesn't throw has zero to do with predictability.. if a guy is open throw to them regardless.. we are predictable in our zone read runs up the middle on 1st, 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down..  we have a lot of 3 and outs like that.  this offense with all of the bellyaching scored 2 less points on the road at auburn then the great amazing lsu offense did at home against auburn..  this team is what it is an offense trying to improve and get better each week after losing a ton of production offseason and a defense that is elite.  i would take that over an elite offense with a crappy defense.. our offense can improve and will improve.. i was very happy with kearis coming back and how good he looked along with blaylock and pickens.. if cager can get healthy for lsu we will give them a heck of a game.. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate, LSU had over 520 yards to our 250 yards

Auburn’s best performance vs the passing game were Tulane (26%), UGA (46%) and then Kent (50%).  We must improve to beat LSU

26 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Auburn’s best performance vs the passing game were Tulane (26%), UGA (46%) and then Kent (50%).  We must improve to beat LSU

Yeah over here in Cajun country they respect the dawgs but aren’t too worried. Everyone thinks LSU will put up 40 on us and say we have little to no chance keeping up offensively. If that happens we will lose unless Kirby truely does have wrinkles they’ve been working on and I hate saying that. But they also ask why Kirby is so predictable on offense. 

2 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Yeah over here in Cajun country they respect the dawgs but aren’t too worried. Everyone thinks LSU will put up 40 on us and say we have little to no chance keeping up offensively. If that happens we will lose unless Kirby truely does have wrinkles they’ve been working on and I hate saying that. But they also ask why Kirby is so predictable on offense. 

They won’t get 40, but I think to beat LSU WE MUST reach 27 points

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

i see it completely differently than you do.. i think that shows that lsu wasn't efficient and couldn't finish their drives.  it all about points.. we lost to usce but we outgained them and won everything on in the game minus turnovers and the scoreboard.. the bottom line is we scored 21 against auburn at auburn while lsu could only muster 23 at home against auburn..  you are right we do have to improve offensively and no one has said otherwise.. if the offense doesn't show improvement this coming weekend we will lose to texas a&m.  also i believe lsu better improve defensively or they won't beat us.  

7 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I know very little about AM.  How do we stack up against them?

They have talent all over the field but haven't quite put it together this year.

Mond is a dangerous mobile QB, a former 5 star recruit. Jimbo shifted the offense to be a lot more on him this year and he hasn't really delivered. They have a big group of receivers and a couple RBs who have stepped up their game as the season goes on, the offense has shifted more to running. They've been playing pretty good football recently. That may simply coincide with playing the weaker teams on their schedule though.

I think our defense matches up very well with their offense, but a mobile QB always presents a challenge of its own. Jimbo is a great offensive coach, but we have been amazing this year on defense with throwing different personnel groups and looks on defense that confuse. If you go back to that final drive in the Auburn game, Adam Anderson is playing from an inside linebacker position and his pressure up the middle forced Nix to hesitate while Travon Walker came around the edge and got home. Just an example of what I'm talking about there.

Defensively, TAMU is very talented and they play physical on the d-line. They have not been very good on defense though and we *should* see more opportunities to make plays against them. My biggest thing here is I just don't have confidence in the offense to sustain drives the way we need to and it's often more about us than the defense. TAMU will undoubtedly load up against the run and try to force us to get it through the air.

We need to sustain drives more often than we have been, because TAMU will try to wear our defense down with their running game + mobile QB. I think our defense matches up well with them, but we don't need our offense helping the Aggies by putting the defense back out on the field so much.

saw this on another board.. 

SEC scoring margin between LSU and UGA

Guess who has a better scoring margin vs SEC opponents?

If you guessed UGA, you’d be right.

UGA has a 16.1 margin vs LSU’s margin of 15.7.

That’s what happens when you average 45.2 PPG on offense but give up 29.5 PPG.

The most UGA has given up is 17 (20 vs USCjr, but 7 was on pick six and 3 in OT). Meanwhile, LSU has given up more than 20 in all but MissSt game

28 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i see it completely differently than you do.. i think that shows that lsu wasn't efficient and couldn't finish their drives.  it all about points.. we lost to usce but we outgained them and won everything on in the game minus turnovers and the scoreboard.. the bottom line is we scored 21 against auburn at auburn while lsu could only muster 23 at home against auburn..  you are right we do have to improve offensively and no one has said otherwise.. lsu better improved defensively or they won't beat us.  

True...but a third of ours came on one play.  And our drive chart looks nothing like this.  LSU LEFT 9-13 easy points on the board

LSU DRIVES VS AUBURN

• 3 plays

• 11 plays (punt from Auburn 32)

• 10 plays (TD)

• 9 plays (Turnover on doens at Auburn 28)

• 11 plays (FG)

• 5 plays

• 8 plays ( Turnover on downs are Auburn 2)

• 3 plays (INT)

• 4 plays (TD)

• 11 plays (TD)

• 4 plays punt 

UGA HAD A 12 Play Drive and an 8 play drive.  That’s it

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

True...but a third of ours came on one play.  And our drive chart looks nothing like this.  LSU LEFT 9-13 easy points on the board

LSU DRIVES VS AUBURN

• 3 plays

• 11 plays (punt from Auburn 32)

• 10 plays (TD)

• 9 plays (Turnover on doens at Auburn 28)

• 11 plays (FG)

• 5 plays

• 8 plays ( Turnover on downs are Auburn 2)

• 3 plays (INT)

• 4 plays (TD)

• 11 plays (TD)

• 4 plays punt 

you just proved my point though.. they couldn't finish drives.. nothing you are posting is changing the facts of the points scored and the venue they were scored in.. if think it's more impressive to score 23 points at home then 21 points on the road against the same defense i don't know what to say.. finishing drives is all that matters.. points is all that matters. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

you just proved my point though.. they couldn't finish drives.. nothing you are posting is changing the facts of the points scored and the venue they were scored in.. if think it's more impressive to score 23 points at home then 21 points on the road against the same defense i don't know what to say.. finishing drives is all that matters.. points is all that matters. 

I guess so.  I mean, they must not trust their fg kicker.  Or Ed O is being stupid.  Punting twice from inside Auburn 35 is odd

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I guess so.  I mean, they must not trust their fg kicker.  Or Ed O is being stupid.  Punting twice from inside Auburn 35 is odd

i agree with your comment that our offense has to improve.. that much we both agree on.  the reality with lsu if we don't show some improvement offensively we won't beat them.. if our offense does improve and their defense stays the same we will win that game and make the playoff.  not sure you saw, but a lb they kicked off the team/suspended the decided to allow back.. i guess giving up 400 yards rushing to ole miss will change your viewpoint on stuff.. lol 

20 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i agree with your comment that our offense has to improve.. that much we both agree on.  the reality with lsu if we don't show some improvement offensively we won't beat them.. if our offense does improve and their defense stays the same we will win that game and make the playoff.  not sure you saw, but a lb they kicked off the team/suspended the decided to allow back.. i guess giving up 400 yards rushing to ole miss will change your viewpoint on stuff.. lol 

lol...

I just wonder if the tv dip****s will talk about rain not affecting the ability to throw the ball. That was an ESPN crew and this will be CBS... so we will probably get to hear Gary ramble about how we need to get “Dimeetreeus Robinson” more involved in throwing downfield.