Texas A&M vs #4 Georgia

Georgia was at its best under Kirby it when the statistically greatest running back due in the history of CFB stood in the backfield. You have to wonder if this constant ground pound, a Georgia trademark, is truly going out of style when you look around the rest of the country.

The thing is that in the National title game Georgia out did Alabama at their own game, but they adjusted and when Tua was inserted to the game it changed their offense from that point forward. Then you look at LSU and they are spreading the ball around like never before. It really makes me think that we should really consider running a more spread type system in the future. 

Swift is an elite college level back, but against the other elite defenses we can't win with him alone when every defense we  already play is stacking the box, coupled with the fact that we can't push the ball down the field to save our lives. Fromm is a good, not great QB. I think Chaney elevated his game. Chaney coached that QB from Tennessee, who looked complete incompetent, to a career night against Missouri. Guarantano had a better night than Fromm on the road one week later against the same team.

I still have some faith that if the offense just improves slightly...maybe replace two FGs with TDs, then we can beat anybody, but that remains to seen this far into the year. I'll keep my hopes up anyway. Go Dawgs 

Edited by TheDancingBird
  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me watching this offense try to put it in the end zone:

I love Georgia....dearly. But there's no way in **** I'm squeezing my nuts while watching a football game smh

Posted Images

Listening to Donnan on youtube during the game he also mentioned Fromm's mechanics/footwork throwing the ball. He has become sloppy sometimes, he doesn't have the arm strength he has to have good footwork to throw the ball. I like also how they pointed out on the game-sealing drive a crucial block by Simmons had spring Swift, the other gut even said that's why Simmons is in there when he is struggling to catch cause he is a good blocker. Got a feeling if they can get Cager back healthy and mix it up with Pickens and getting a TE and Cook involved, the offense will be OK. But it all starts with#11 he has got to keep the ball occasionally on those zone reads and get yards, has got to get better footwork and he and Coley have got to get other guys involved. Hopefully, against Tech they can get out to a lead and open up the playbook and at least give LSU more to think about instead of just Swift.  

14 hours ago, putnam6 said:

LOL no chance LOL, obviously they got to play better but they **** sure got two weeks to get healthier, Cager makes a difference and gives them more than a chance.  

Cager will make a difference and I feel like Pickens is getting better every week.

As easy as it is to trash Coley and the playcalls, a lot of plays were there to be made.  It’s really disheartening to see Fromm be so ineffective in games like tonight or the S. Carolina game.

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Fromm has got to keep some of the zone reads , I thought that was why swift was pissed 

swift was ticked because we ran straight into a blitz, but that was unavoidable.  due to us running down the clock when they showed the blitz we were within 2 seconds and fromm couldn't adjust which was what fromm told him..  nothing big IMO.. 

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

swift was ticked because we ran straight into a blitz, but that was unavoidable.  due to us running down the clock when they showed the blitz we were within 2 seconds and fromm couldn't adjust which was what fromm told him..  nothing big IMO.. 

Swift should give our coaches an ear full instead for constantly trying to run him up the middle in stacked boxes 

1 hour ago, slamee101 said:

Cager will make a difference and I feel like Pickens is getting better every week.

As easy as it is to trash Coley and the playcalls, a lot of plays were there to be made.  It’s really disheartening to see Fromm be so ineffective in games like tonight or the S. Carolina game.

Definitely think how far they go is now on the passing game and most of that's on #11 then some on his receivers and lastly some on the OC. I might be wrong but was hoping they would use Cook in the passing game like they used Isaiah McKenzie. Dont think we can overlook Smart's influence either, **** he might be insisting on ultra conservative especially after the 4 turnover game against SC.  CKS is great but he is a perfectionist and could definitely see where like he said the offensive staff hates him LOL. 

2 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Listening to Donnan on youtube during the game he also mentioned Fromm's mechanics/footwork throwing the ball. He has become sloppy sometimes, he doesn't have the arm strength he has to have good footwork to throw the ball. 

ignore the text if you want and just watch the video, but it’s on display right there: zero pressure and terrible mechanics/footwork

8 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

ignore the text if you want and just watch the video, but it’s on display right there: zero pressure and terrible mechanics/footwork

Yep, and he almost did the same thing on the miss of a wide-open Herrian earlier, he opens up his stance or throws off his back foot. But **** there should be QB COACH drilling that in his head. He has got to set his feet and follow through to be accurate and to have enough juice on the throw. Don't know if the more polished receivers bailed him out last year or this is something new this year. But remember them mentioning on the radio against SC too. Good thing it's an easy fix drop back set and throw, if you move you got to set again unless it's a little dink pass.

16 hours ago, joefalco said:

Some of y’all kill me.

We. Are. 10-1. And. Going. To. The. Seccg. 

bottom line is we are figuring out ways to win these games. 

these are the facts. 
 All the “ we’re not gonna do this and we’re not gonna do that” against LSU is not facts. It’s opinions. 

we will see when they lace em up. Hoping for an injury free w against those tater diggers in Atlanta then onto the ship. 

If we had beaten South Carolina, I wonder if we would be a lock for the playoff already (assuming a close game in SECCG)

The NCAA really needs to do something about these bogus kneel downs / sit downs. When a player is talking smack and walking all cocky and he is getting a signal from the sideline. No way that’s not fake. At a very least, take away a timeout and if they dont have one penalize them. Then they took the guy into the tent to try and make seem legit? This is a crooked way to try and impact the flow of the game and save their timeouts. If a guy is hurt, for Gods sake, take care of him. But that was blatant and it’s happened several times this year to us. 

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If we had beaten South Carolina, I wonder if we would be a lock for the playoff already (assuming a close game in SECCG)

I think we'd be #2 in the rankings. It'd be LSU, UGA, OSU, Clemson.

If we beat LSU, I think we're right there. Assuming OSU and Clemson win out. It'll then be OSU, Georgia, Clemson, LSU.

Could be a rematch for the NC. The nation would be thrilled.

6 hours ago, LawDawg said:

I think we'd be #2 in the rankings. It'd be LSU, UGA, OSU, Clemson.

If we beat LSU, I think we're right there. Assuming OSU and Clemson win out. It'll then be OSU, Georgia, Clemson, LSU.

Could be a rematch for the NC. The nation would be thrilled.

Don’t think UGA would be #2 if undefeated with the way this offense looks - probably #3 though ahead of Clemson simply due to our tough schedule and their anemic one.