Texas A&M vs #4 Georgia

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me watching this offense try to put it in the end zone:

I love Georgia....dearly. But there's no way in **** I'm squeezing my nuts while watching a football game smh

Posted Images

5 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Not really. He had a great year in many ways statistically but his unwillingness to throw to the middle of the field is very problematic. Then when he does, we see why he tries so hard to avoid it; because he is generally bad at it. 

In 2017, Fromm completed 37/49 (79.2%) over the middle.  Not what I would consider "generally bad".  I was only able to find his 2018 pass chart through 5 games, where he was 7/11.

3 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

ummm...    that pass to Blaylock was a deep pass.  In the original post I clearly stated that "middle of the field," in the context of which I speak, is the area between the numbers and from LOS to 25 yards downfield.

Lol ok.. I read “middle of the field” as “middle of the field”.. 

9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Tyler ******* Simmons catches a ball that hit him in the hands and that game gets remembered a lot differently 

Cant guarantee that. There was still plenty of football to be played after that.

Fromm puts up more than 7 points and it might be different.

Fromm doesnt gift them 7 points and it might be different. 

Fromm doesn't throw 2 picks and it might be different. 

Fromm doesnt miss wide open receivers and it might be different.

9 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Cant guarantee that. There was still plenty of football to be played after that.

Fromm puts up more than 7 points and it might be different.

Fromm doesnt gift them 7 points and it might be different. 

Fromm doesn't throw 2 picks and it might be different. 

Fromm doesnt miss wide open receivers and it might be different.

The Simmons drop happened in OT

6 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Lol ok.. I read “middle of the field” as “middle of the field”.. 

Well....  middle is in both directions technically; width AND length.  LOL

But what i had said was in the original post just to clarify exactly > (basically any pass inside the numbers and between the LOS and 25 yards downfield) 

11 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If you dont think it's important to not be predictable that's fine. But that's how you get the offense we have right now. 

I haven't seen an expert yet who is able to identify why our offense has struggled the way it has for much of this season. We have been dynamic and impossible to stop at times. We have been bland and not sharp in execution more often than not. It's hard to put your finger on something specific.

If run on 1st down, run on 2nd down, pass to convert on 3rd down (or another combo involving a pass behind the LOS) is your criteria for predictable... we only did that on 5 of 15 possessions against Auburn (all 5 were 3 and outs). We did that in 5 of 12 possessions against Mizzou, but 3 of those drives ended with points or a missed field goal. We've been passing more on early downs quite a bit, there has been notable improvement in the play selection balance.

The offense leaves a lot to be desired but it has been beating everyone's average for points given up though. We also haven't been playing against anything close to mediocre defenses. The last 3 teams we've played are in the top 5 of the conference... and we're #1. LSU isn't the other team btw.

We should see more room for guys to make plays against TAMU, Tech and LSU. Defensively they are all a far cry from what we just went through.

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If you dont think it's important to not be predictable that's fine. But that's how you get the offense we have right now. 

where fromm throws or doesn't throw has zero to do with predictability.. if a guy is open throw to them regardless.. we are predictable in our zone read runs up the middle on 1st, 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down..  we have a lot of 3 and outs like that.  this offense with all of the bellyaching scored 2 less points on the road at auburn then the great amazing lsu offense did at home against auburn..  this team is what it is an offense trying to improve and get better each week after losing a ton of production offseason and a defense that is elite.  i would take that over an elite offense with a crappy defense.. our offense can improve and will improve.. i was very happy with kearis coming back and how good he looked along with blaylock and pickens.. if cager can get healthy for lsu we will give them a heck of a game.. 

36 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

where fromm throws or doesn't throw has zero to do with predictability.. if a guy is open throw to them regardless.. we are predictable in our zone read runs up the middle on 1st, 2nd down, and throw on 3rd down..  we have a lot of 3 and outs like that.  this offense with all of the bellyaching scored 2 less points on the road at auburn then the great amazing lsu offense did at home against auburn..  this team is what it is an offense trying to improve and get better each week after losing a ton of production offseason and a defense that is elite.  i would take that over an elite offense with a crappy defense.. our offense can improve and will improve.. i was very happy with kearis coming back and how good he looked along with blaylock and pickens.. if cager can get healthy for lsu we will give them a heck of a game.. 

Really? Lol right because fromm never misses guys wide open over the middle to throw a contested pass to the outside.

We had more 3 and outs in the first half than LSU did in the entire game vs Auburn.

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Really? Lol right because fromm never misses guys wide open over the middle to throw a contested pass to the outside.

We had more 3 and outs in the first half than LSU did in the entire game vs Auburn.

yep really..  i am sure he has missed guys open on the outside as well as inside as well as found guys open inside as well as the outside.. it's part of playing QB.  the last i checked it's about scores and winning the game and we scored 2 less points and won the game at auburn.. lsu very likely loses that game at auburn.  9 3 and outs are not very good, but in a defensive struggle which we were in it is what you see.  you can't blame one guy for our offense. it's a collective thing that needs to continue to get worked out..