2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

Bedwetter making news for being a complete idiot

160 posts in this topic

One NFL Beat Reporter Had The Worst Mason Rudolph-Myles Garrett Take: TRAINA THOUGHTS

BY JIMMY TRAINA , NOV 15, 2019
  •  
  •  
  •  
OFQAx5aN-720.jpg

1. We now live in a world where it's completely routine for people to tell you that you didn't see something that you actually saw with your own two eyes.

What happened last night was as simple and as straight-forward as it gets. Myles Garrett took a football helmet and tried to slam it on top of Mason Rudolph's head. Nothing else needs to be explained. Nothing else needs to be said. Nothing else matters. 

Naturally, fans will try to spin it. Players will try to spin it. People who know Garrett will try to spin it. 

However, you'd expect an NFL beat reporter to be above it all. So it was stunning, to me at least, to see Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionFalcons beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter die on the hill that Mason Rudolph was just as much to blame for what happened last night as Myles Garret.

Again, as you read these absurd tweets, keep in mind that this take isn't coming from some wack-job fan. This is an actual NFL beat reporter. 
Congrats to Ledbetter. With just six weeks remaining in 2019, he has clearly wrapped up the "Dumbest Sports Take of the Year" award. 

It's actually a tie, but Lebetter is responsible for both winners with "Mason Rudolph should get suspended" and "Mason Rudolph should get the same suspension as Myles Garrett."
 

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-helmet-swinging-reaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

That’s not what he said. He is wrong.

What's been so amazing about this is seeing so many people think that if you first and foremost point out that what MG did was abhorrent that you are also absolving Mason Rudolf of all responsibility. 4 people should all be punished on a graduated scale, but Garrett definitely deserves what he got. He basically used a weapon..

 

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

What's been so amazing about this is seeing so many people think that if you first and foremost point out that what MG did was abhorrent that you are also absolving Mason Rudolf of all responsibility. 4 people should all be punished on a graduated scale, but Garrett definitely deserves what he got. He basically used a weapon..

 

Yep. If he hit him harder or just the wrong place, could’ve done serious harm.

Mason deserves punishment.

Bedwetter is implying & suggested equal punishment and that doesn’t fit the crimes. And “he started it” never justifies escalation BECAUSE THIS AINT THE STREETS and evidence/rules of NFL apply.

And, to your point, this insinuation that Garrett gets called out or punished more = people think Mason is absolved of all wrong is a stupid way to imagine the need to defend Garrett to the people that don’t believe or think in such a bipolar manner.

Mason should lose a game or two, and also be a bro & pay for half of Pouncey’s missed game checks as lost income for covering his initial overreaction to Garrett.

The idea of everyone is equally to blame for it happening being synonymous with equal punishment because it’s somehow an equal offense is just dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I mean.. He's not wrong, just because he got hit doesn't mean Mason should of been absolved of all crimes. He should of got 2, pouncy shoulda got 4-6 tho 

Bedwetter was trying to equate the two actions. That’s why he is a complete moron. Mason hit Garrett’s helmet because he put a late hit on Mason. Garrett did something unprecedented by taking a helmet and using it as a weapon.

Those two actions are not the same and do not deserve the same punishment.

Honestly, Bedwetter’s remarks seem racist. It’s not that bad because Mason is white and he started it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Bedwetter was trying to equate the two actions. That’s why he is a complete moron. Mason hit Garrett’s helmet because he put a late hit on Mason. Garrett did something unprecedented by taking a helmet and using it as a weapon.

Those two actions are not the same and do not deserve the same punishment.

Honestly, Bedwetter’s remarks seem racist. It’s not that bad because Mason is white and he started it.

I don’t see his remarks as racist. Please don’t go there.

And, players have used helmets as weapons before, but this one is certainly among the worst.

Equating them as deserving of equal punishment is what he is being called out on by the SI article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t have a problem with D. Led’s take on this one. At least not from the tweets in that article.

Really? You think Rudolph should get the same suspension?

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I don’t see his remarks as racist. Please don’t go there.

And, players have used helmets as weapons before, but this one is certainly among the worst.

Equating them as deserving of equal punishment is what he is being called out on by the SI article.

Well if you don’t see them as racist then everything’s good.

And, no player has ever used a removed helmet as a weapon like this before in the NFL. That is a fact and not just an opinion But feel free to disagree with that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Well if you don’t see them as racist then everything’s good.

And, no player has ever used a removed helmet as a weapon like this before in the NFL. That is a fact and not just an opinion But feel free to disagree with that as well.

People have thrown and swung helmets with intent to injure before is all I was trying to say. And, seems like Mason at least avoided being hurt? Haven’t looked into it further.

There has been bad instances of fighting in the NFL before. Maybe the worst helmet use ok.

Dirtier Bird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No but I agree with the point that Rudolph escalated the situation. 

I can agree with that but d led did say he deserves the same punishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No but I agree with the point that Rudolph escalated the situation. 

How many times have we seen players get upset when they get hit late and shove back a little. It happens every game and no one gets suspended.

I think the “escalation” was ripping a helmet off and then bashing someone in the head. 

If Garrett had caught him with the crown of the helmet, things could have been severely worse.

vitaman and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

People have thrown and swung helmets with intent to injure before is all I was trying to say. And, seems like Mason at least avoided being hurt? Haven’t looked into it further.

There has been bad instances of fighting in the NFL before. Maybe the worst helmet use ok.

Lyle Alzado ripped a guys helmet off and swung it at him. He missed though.

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I can agree with that but d led did say he deserves the same punishment. 

Yeah I don’t agree with that but the writer of the article seems to think Mason Rudolph has no blame in the matter and chastens at any suggestion otherwise.

1 minute ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

How many times have we seen players get upset when they get hit late and shove back a little. It happens every game and no one gets suspended.

I think the “escalation” was ripping a helmet off and then bashing someone in the head. 

If Garrett had caught him with the crown of the helmet, things could have been severely worse.

Escalation is trying to rip someone’s helmet off because you don’t like that way you were tackled, which is what Rudolph did, and then after he got tossed around like a rag doll he further escalates the situation by going at Garrett again.

Thats escalation. If he hadn’t have tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off none of this happens. If he hadn’t have decided to break bad and jump up at Myles Garrett who was clearly backing away then he wouldn’t have gotten bopped on the head.

He had multiple opportunities at a different outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dled got everything right but the punishments being equal.

Rudolph started it, was out of control, and escalated the situation...he needed 2 game suspension in my opinion.

You don't get to try and rip a guy's helmet off, put your foot in his groin and then charge him while he's being held and moved away.  Rudolph was frustrated, he played poorly and took some hits that game. He's an agitator and played his part in that unfortunate event Thursday night.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

One NFL Beat Reporter Had The Worst Mason Rudolph-Myles Garrett Take: TRAINA THOUGHTS

BY JIMMY TRAINA , NOV 15, 2019
  •  
  •  
  •  
OFQAx5aN-720.jpg

1. We now live in a world where it's completely routine for people to tell you that you didn't see something that you actually saw with your own two eyes.

What happened last night was as simple and as straight-forward as it gets. Myles Garrett took a football helmet and tried to slam it on top of Mason Rudolph's head. Nothing else needs to be explained. Nothing else needs to be said. Nothing else matters. 

Naturally, fans will try to spin it. Players will try to spin it. People who know Garrett will try to spin it. 

However, you'd expect an NFL beat reporter to be above it all. So it was stunning, to me at least, to see Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionFalcons beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter die on the hill that Mason Rudolph was just as much to blame for what happened last night as Myles Garret.

Again, as you read these absurd tweets, keep in mind that this take isn't coming from some wack-job fan. This is an actual NFL beat reporter. 
Congrats to Ledbetter. With just six weeks remaining in 2019, he has clearly wrapped up the "Dumbest Sports Take of the Year" award. 

It's actually a tie, but Lebetter is responsible for both winners with "Mason Rudolph should get suspended" and "Mason Rudolph should get the same suspension as Myles Garrett."
 

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-helmet-swinging-reaction

Of course everything ******** dumb and bad has to come from Atlanta jesus christ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Dled got everything right but the punishments being equal.

Rudolph started it, was out of control, and escalated the situation...he needed 2 game suspension in my opinion.

You don't get to try and rip a guy's helmet off, put your foot in his groin and then charge him while he's being held and moved away.  Rudolph was frustrated, he played poorly and took some hits that game. He's an agitator and played his part in that unfortunate event Thursday night.

 

 

This is such a stupid situation. If just one of either guy walked away or didn’t do one more stupid thing in a “hold my beer” fashion it would’ve just been over with fines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now