Falcons Fan MVP

What's your opinion of D-LED?

59 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I would like to know your guys opinion of D-LED. I personally like him. I know a lot of people don't like him and think he doesn't support the Falcons. What do you guys like and dislike about D-LED? Do you think he is a Falcons supporter or a Falcons hater?

I have a disdain for anyone who pretends to be something they are not.  He pretends to be a journalist and yet he cannot ask appropriate questions, analyze a team situation, and write coherently.  Worse, I am intolerant of people who are incompetent yet are propped up with meaningless awards, certifications, degrees, and personal accolades.  DLED is hitting every point that results in my dislike and disrespect.  I see nothing of value in any of his work.

FuhRealDoh likes this

11 minutes ago, capologist said:

He sounds like a drunk Bill Cosby and asks bone-headed questions/posts bone-headed takes at times.  We can do a lot better...

He once asked Dan Quinn "How important is the first pick in the draft?".  I got the impression that someone has just informed DLED that the best players generally are picked first.

capologist likes this

46 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

We bash D Led in everything he does. The real question is how do you not know our opinions of him

:lol: right?

He is the only person I can think of on these boards that actually likes him.

DLed is trash and should not be in the line of business he is in.  A clown in every sense of the word.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-helmet-swinging-reaction

One NFL Beat Reporter Had The Worst Mason Rudolph-Myles Garrett Take: TRAINA THOUGHTS

"Naturally, fans will try to spin it. Players will try to spin it. People who know Garrett will try to spin it. 

However, you'd expect an NFL beat reporter to be above it all. So it was stunning, to me at least, to see Atlanta Journal-Constitution Falcons beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter die on the hill that Mason Rudolph was just as much to blame for what happened last night as Myles Garrett."

Opinion? It's very hard to understand why he has a job on the basis of journalistic merit. After reading his tweets about the Garrett-Rudolph incident last night, it's hard to understand how his brain functions beyond coordinating his heart and lungs.

1 minute ago, shc said:

I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with D-Led in THIS instance.

I see his point...ish...Rudolph DID initiate the fight but you could also say Myles did when he drug him to the ground after the ball was gone.

Either way, Rudolph was reaching at his helmet and talking crap, but that doesn't deserve a suspension imo.  Sounds like he got fined tho.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I see his point...ish...Rudolph DID initiate the fight but you could also say Myles did when he drug him to the ground after the ball was gone.

Either way, Rudolph was reaching at his helmet and talking crap, but that doesn't deserve a suspension imo.  Sounds like he got fined tho.

In the video I saw, it doesn't show if Garrett's hit was late or not.  But most likely scenario is Rudolph is frustrated because of the game he had, and took it out on Garrett.  And apparently underestimated how far Garrett was going to take it.

Rings and ya_boi_j like this

Dled's just an old school dude, trying to do the best he can (with what he's got to work with) to hold on to his job. 
I actually think he's humorous, with that high-pitched voice, and asking those immaterial/repetitive questions to jocks and coaches who probably make more money in a year, than he'll ever make in his whole life!  It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?....LOL!  
So, to answer your question....I don't like him --- but I don't hate him, either. 
Actually, he fits right in with this crazy team.   :lol: 

*Old Pappy Falcon* likes this

1 hour ago, shc said:

In the video I saw, it doesn't show if Garrett's hit was late or not.  But most likely scenario is Rudolph is frustrated because of the game he had, and took it out on Garrett.  And apparently underestimated how far Garrett was going to take it.

It wasn't "late" per say.  I thought it was way late when I first saw it, but on second viewing it's not late at all.  Garrett just awkwardly wrestles him to the ground.  I'm sure Mason was frustrated after his performance and reacted.  He is not innocent in any way.  Can't do what Garrett did tho.  Goes against every football code ever lol

Rings likes this

25 minutes ago, athell said:

It wasn't "late" per say.  I thought it was way late when I first saw it, but on second viewing it's not late at all.  Garrett just awkwardly wrestles him to the ground.  I'm sure Mason was frustrated after his performance and reacted.  He is not innocent in any way.  Can't do what Garrett did tho.  Goes against every football code ever lol

Agree he shouldn't do it.  But when Antonio Smith did that to Richie Incognite, he only got suspended for the rest of preseason and 1 regular season game

athell likes this

5 hours ago, athell said:

FFS.

It's called an apostrophe, D-Led. We use them to indicate possession in the English language.

Also, we generally only use one exclamation point at this level, son. /Coach Lou Brown Voice

I don't care if some random Joe wants to Tweet like 12-year-old, but you're supposed to be a professional. 

athell and k-train like this

19 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hes a horribly lazy "journalist".

My impression has been that he just states some obvious jock sniffer questions and never attempts the hard questions that require accountability from the organization.  I’m broad brushing bc I admit I don’t here all of his interviews/read his articles but I’ve noticed this on many occasions.  He’s not the only one in our soft media environment though.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

22 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

D-Led is terrible, I cant believe they Falcons organization still lets him in the building. 

Refried Beans, Bubba beans.....who's underwear is worse?