Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falconsfan567

Myles Garrett (TNF)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

Indeed. It's definitely going to be one sided though.

I mean, fights happen in sports. If Garrett doesn’t swing the helmet, it’s simply a brawl with a few fines. He took it to the level of WTF. The NFL honestly shouldn’t react immediately to this. The emotion needs to calm down for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I think Rudolph was upset because it was a way too late hit, and over done by Myles. This is on Myles from start to finish. 

Not a good look for America's favorite pastime!

Yeah, Garrett was a little late and trying to rough him up on the sack. Spinning him around and around then throwing him down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Garrett hit Rudolf in the head after Rudolf kicked him in the nuts. 

2 wrongs don't make a right my guy.

I'm specifically speaking of Pouncey because you brought him up. Nobody forced Myles to swing a helmet. He could have just threw punches and probably would have been out a game. Can't make excuses for his behavior because nobody forced him to react that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I mean, fights happen in sports. If Garrett doesn’t swing the helmet, it’s simply a brawl with a few fines. He took it to the level of WTF. The NFL honestly shouldn’t react immediately to this. The emotion needs to calm down for everyone. 

Cooler heads should DEFINITELY prevail. I'd like to see them wait for a while and if nee md be, maybe even consult a third party for a well rounded plan. Unfortunately we're in a 24hr news cycle where sensationalization is king.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so what happened was Garrett spun Rudolph down, and yes it did seem a bit late. However, Rudolph escalates everything by yanking Garrett’s face mask. Then that’s when **** really hits the fan and Garrett takes Rudolph’s helmet off and hits him with it, and Pouncey comes in with his blows. Ogunjobi also shoves Rudolph and idk who but then he also got into an altercation with an OL-man. There’s going to be TONS of fines and suspensions. In my assessment that doesn’t matter at all lol, Rudolph, Pouncey, and Garrett will all be suspended, or at least should. Rudolph at least a game, Pouncey maybe 2-4, and Garrett likely the rest of the year. Of course Garrett’s offense is the worst, but Rudolph shouldn’t get off the hook like some suggest and seem to ignore when he’s the one that made it blow up in the first place. That’s just my take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I'm specifically speaking of Pouncey because you brought him up. Nobody forced Myles to swing a helmet. He could have just threw punches and probably would have been out a game. Can't make excuses for his behavior because nobody forced him to react that way. 

Yea. It’s sort of like the Malace at the Palace. Ben Wallace might have started the whole thing...but Artest took it to another level...and he could only blame himself for that. It’s going to be the same thing here with Garrett 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngbloodz said:

I'm specifically speaking of Pouncey because you brought him up. Nobody forced Myles to swing a helmet. He could have just threw punches and probably would have been out a game. Can't make excuses for his behavior because nobody forced him to react that way. 

No one forced Pouncy to throw punches or kicks either.

No one forced Rudolf to kick him in the nutts.

And yes you are right no one forced Garrett to do what he did either but he's not the only person who embarrassed the NFL tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Okay, so what happened was Garrett spun Rudolph down, and yes it did seem a bit late. However, Rudolph escalates everything by yanking Garrett’s face mask. Then that’s what **** really hits the fan and Garrett takes Rudolph’s helmet off and hits him with it, and Pouncey comes in with his blows. Ogunjobi also shoves Rudolph and idk who but then he also got into an altercation with an OL-man. There’s going to be TONS of fines and suspensions. In my assessment that doesn’t matter at all lol, Rudolph, Pouncey, and Garrett will all be suspended, or at least should. Rudolph at least a game, Pouncey maybe 2-4, and Garrett likely the rest of the year. Of course Garrett’s offense is the worst, but Rudolph shouldn’t get off the hook like some suggest and seem to ignore when he’s the one that made it blow up in the first place. That’s just my take. 

Totally agreed, but don't forget Rudolph kicked Garrett in the groin as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea. It’s sort of like the Malace at the Palace. Ben Wallace might have started the whole thing...but Artest took it to another level...and he could only blame himself for that. It’s going to be the same thing here with Garrett 

I still remember that to this day. Happened on a Friday. Crazy thing. Myles will be gone for the rest of the season probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

No one forced Pouncy to throw punches or kicks either.

No one forced Rudolf to kick him in the nutts.

And yes you are right no one forced Garrett to do what he did either but he's not the only person who embarrassed the NFL tonight. 

Which is why Pouncey will be suspended and why Rudolph will be fined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I'm specifically speaking of Pouncey because you brought him up. Nobody forced Myles to swing a helmet. He could have just threw punches and probably would have been out a game. Can't make excuses for his behavior because nobody forced him to react that way. 

I can understand the Steeler's reactions of kicking etc..., after the fact. They were reacting to their QB almost getting his head taken off. The OL is supposed to take-up for their QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In real life, you can't EVER anticipate the response of someone when you initiate violence. If you attack someone, you can't expect them to react with what YOU consider reasonable. 

You never know what people are dealing with, if you don't want to be engaged with violence... keep your hands to yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

In real life, you can't EVER anticipate the response of someone when you initiate violence. If you attack someone, you can't expect them to react with what YOU consider reasonable. 

You never know what people are dealing with, if you don't want to be engaged with violence... keep your hands to yourself.

Pouncey brothers about that action. They ran with Aaron Hernandez while all of them were at UF. Them boys bout that life. Myles better be careful lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

I can understand the Steeler's reactions of kicking etc..., after the fact. They were reacting to their QB almost getting his head taken off. The OL is supposed to take-up for their QB.

Exactly but Pouncey should still be suspended. But I'm sure he doesn't mind at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

It's almost like you didn't at all read the post you quoted. I LITERALLY said Garrett responded with greater violence. I also said that he should be suspended for the rest of the season. 

None of that absolves Rudolph for starting it. You can't just "boys will be boys" Rudolph's behavior and then pretend Garrett is the second coming of Satan

Rudolph would disagree with you. He probably feels Garrett started it. He obviously got upset about something. Garrett was trying to rough him up and he didn't like it. Like I said , scrums happens, but none of that matters. Everyone plays next week until the point Garrett swings a helmet like a coward. It was a level 1 scrum up till that point. Then it went to 100. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...