Falconsfan567

Myles Garrett (TNF)

399 posts in this topic

Nahh Freddie Kitchens should have been chewing his *** out on the field idc if he wants to do it in private. Alot of respect has been lost by the head coach here smh.. that could have been a suspension and crime. Assault and intent to do bodily harm 

Edited by caponine

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I'm absolutely shocked by that. I can't wait to see the rematch, although Garret won't be playing.

Someone is going to blind side him or cut him real low. Like knees and ankles 

JDaveG and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

He needs to be gone. He had two roughing the passer calls earlier in the year that were terribly obvious, but that was just insane tonight. He needs to be suspended for awhile.. I wouldn't find it too much to suspend him for the rest of the season... you can't do that.

It's inexcusable, incredibly dangerous, almost criminal assault.

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

He should be released 

This dude named Marty McSorely pulled some messed up crap like this in the NHL about 20 years ago & they acted accordingly. I feel like the same thing should apply to this situation.

Assault conviction[edit]

In a game between the Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks in Vancouver on February 21, 2000, McSorley swung his stick and hit Donald Brashear in the head with 4.6 seconds left in the game. Brashear fell backwards and hit his head hard on the ice, losing consciousness and suffering a Grade III concussion. McSorley was charged with assault and suspended by the NHL for the remainder of the 1999–2000 season (including the playoffs), missing 23 games. On October 6, 2000, Judge William Kitchen of the Provincial Court of British Columbia found him guilty of assault with a weapon for his attack on Brashear. He was sentenced to 18 months probation. The trial was the first for an on-ice attack by an NHL player since Dino Ciccarelli's 1988 trial.[6]

After his assault conviction, his NHL suspension was extended to one full year through February 21, 2001.[7] McSorley would never play in another NHL game.

Just now, socalriseup said:

Idk. I watched the whole thing over and over rudolph was charging after him and started it by yanking on his head. I expect pouncey to be suspended for a while, Garrett was laid out and he kept hitting and kicking his head. 

Yeah Pouncey came.close.to causing a MLB style brawl.

No matter how talented, stuff like this should NEVER be tolerated. A slap on the wrist won't do..in a perfect world, he'd be charged with a crime and suspended at least one full year no pay.

1 minute ago, socalriseup said:

Idk. I watched the whole thing over and over rudolph was charging after him and started it by yanking on his head. I expect pouncey to be suspended for a while, Garrett was laid out and he kept hitting and kicking his head. 

You can't seriously be trying to justify what Garrett did.

Jesus... 

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Myles Garrett should be suspended for that ****!! That is the dirtiest play I've ever seen in an NFL game!! I have no idea what the heIl that is. If Garrett isn't ejected, fined, and suspended there's something severely wrong!!

Myles Garrett should be banned from the NFL for life for that. That is the inexcusable, man. I mean... compare that to Suh's intentionally stepping on the hand a few years ago... this was brandishing a helmet as a weapon and striking a QB in the head with it. That idiot is done. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Myles Garrett should be banned from the NFL for life for that. That is the inexcusable, man. I mean... compare that to Suh's intentionally stepping on the hand a few years ago... this was brandishing a helmet as a weapon and striking a QB in the head with it. That idiot is done. 

He literally could have killed him or paralyzed him. He's still not in the clear on all of that. Dude could still die later from a hit like that. It's happened to alot of people who they thought was fine. Garrett better be praying.

Rudolph tried ripping his helmet off first. Rudolph kicked him in the groin. Just because Myles RESPONDED with higher quality violence doesn't absolve Rudolph. Garrett should DEFINITELY be suspended for the duration of the season and FINED. Rudolph should miss a game or two and be fined as well.

People will try to gloss over these facts and pretend that Garrett is King Kong and Rudolph is a basically a damsel in distress, but the tape doesn't lie.