caponine

This one confuses me a bit

112 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Dukes and Bell on 92.9 at 4:30pm made the not real statement from the NFL 

You gotta stop believing everything you hear on the radio. You and loads of others sheesh.

It’s a PR stunt by the NFL to prove they are not racist or something? Just another example of a major corporation doing whatever they can to appease the radical left protestors. 

Is there going to be a special day to do a tryout for a washed up wide receiver who hasn’t played in 3 years?

I’m sick of the theatrics with this league.

Edited by 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit
FalconJim and roguebeaver like this

1 minute ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

It’s a PR stunt by the NFL to prove they are not racist or something? Just another example of a major corporation doing whatever they can to appease the radical left protestors. 

Is there going to be a special day to do a tryout for a washed up wide receiver who hasn’t played in 3 years?

The timing is weird af , right in the middle of the season smh 

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

The timing is weird af , right in the middle of the season smh 

This is actually really stupid when you think about it. Kap had pretty much faded away from the public eye as in people stopped paying him attention. 

If you are the NFL, why would you want to put the spotlight back on him? His disrespect for the anthem only had negative impacts for the league from both sides.

Makes no sense.

FalconJim and roguebeaver like this

14 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

3 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

This is actually really stupid when you think about it. Kap had pretty much faded away from the public eye as in people stopped paying him attention. 

If you are the NFL, why would you want to put the spotlight back on him? His disrespect for the anthem only had negative impacts for the league from both sides.

Makes no sense.

Watching you argue against your own theory is pretty awesome.

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

Watching you argue against your own theory is pretty awesome.

Just simply stating no matter what the reason, this is a stupid move by the NFL. 

I don't think there's a chance in he!! Klapperdick ever plays a down in a Falcons uniform, or anywhere else, really. 
Apparently, the NFL just asked us to use our facilities to do this, and we obliged. 
And as far as us having scouts present ---- management probably figured they needed some extra practice in recognizing what a football player looks like, whose ship has sailed....after all, we haven't always been very good at doing that!  

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Fans complain that Ryan isn't a mobile QB

Fans complain when team works out mobile QB

A lot of fans never complain about Ryan’s mobility and appreciate what a great QB we have.

So there’s that.

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Just simply stating no matter what the reason, this is a stupid move by the NFL. 

I don't disagree if it was actually an NFL orchestrated move. 

It kinda points to the folks who said they were gonna boycott the NFL a few years ago not really sticking to their guns though. The NFL moves if the money moves. Apparently it didn't.

Ovie_Lover likes this

23 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

then boycott

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

I don't think there's a chance in he!! Klapperdick ever plays a down in a Falcons uniform, or anywhere else, really. 
Apparently, the NFL just asked us to use our facilities to do this, and we obliged. 
And as far as us having scouts present ---- management probably figured they needed some extra practice in recognizing what a football player looks like, whose ship has sailed....after all, we haven't always been very good at doing that!  

Guarantee you the NFL makes a team sign him and he ends up in a ultra liberal city like NY or Miami.

2 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

then boycott

Almost there. Really don’t watch any games besides the Falcons and with this pathetic season I’ve only been half way paying attention to those.

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Almost there. Really don’t watch any games besides the Falcons and with this pathetic season I’ve only been half way paying attention to those.

cool! Do it man

8 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

I don't disagree if it was actually an NFL orchestrated move. 

It kinda points to the folks who said they were gonna boycott the NFL a few years ago not really sticking to their guns though. The NFL moves if the money moves. Apparently it didn't.

8 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

then boycott

6 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

must be losing money?

5 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

4 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

cool! Do it man

It writes itself sometimes.

9 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Guarantee you the NFL makes a team sign him and he ends up in a ultra liberal city like NY or Miami.

Can they do that?  Sounds illegal, or at the least, immoral --- 

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

Can they do that?  Sounds illegal, or at the least, immoral --- 

if so very sad

I wonder how many folks upset by this would be upset by the media circus surrounding Tim Tebow getting a tryout.

Feel like it might be a different reaction.

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Isn't this just a way for the NFL to say, "See, you got a try out in front of several teams" in an attempt to discredit his claims of being blacklisted due to his kneeling during the anthem?

If Kap shows up, and let's be real here, nobody is actually gonna sign him, but then the NFL can say they gave him a workout & he just didn't cut it, so he has no validity to his claim any more.

If Kap decides not to go because he knows it's a sham, they'll say he turned down an opportunity & thus he has no validity to his claim anymore.

Basically, he's d@mned either way.

Good. **** him.

Kaep would be a solid backup QB if he takes a cheap deal to get back in. The political stuff is out of the news and was overblown to begin with. 

9 minutes ago, Jpowors said:

I wonder how many folks upset by this would be upset by the media circus surrounding Tim Tebow getting a tryout.

Feel like it might be a different reaction.

Should be a different reaction. Tebow can’t throw a football (though probably one of the best competitors to ever play. Shame he wouldn’t switch to fullback. Could’ve had a long NFL career)