Takk Lovers, Haters, Vick Lovers and haters: Fact showdown ...

falcons007

I find it amusing that TATF hypes up either of these guys. Bottom line they are one of the worst starting Edge rushers in the NFL. It’s about time Falcons bring in top Edge rushers not average trash we have right now. 

Let’s look at Myth on Takk producing more pass rush than Vic. They are equally bad, Takk has pass rush success (PRP) of 5.9% and Vic is at 6%. Grady and Clayborne are better than both. I want both of these clowns at state line. This is from PFF but you can get similar numbers from Pro football reference. 
6-B3-C577-E-6890-4-AAD-BD56-B33-AF361-E7

Where do the two first round edge rushers stand in the NFL? Backup rotational guys are better than this crap. Vic at 38 and Takk at 41.

F019-DA21-8-AA5-49-FB-A8-DC-3-D81-C51-AB

I know Hind sight is 20/20. But Falcons could have spent that 13 M on Justin Houston and not Vic. I remember the crickets about over hyped Takk and how TJ Watt was not JJ. Here are the top Edge guys in the NFL. TJ Watt is one of the scam leaders and also has twice pass Success rate than Takk. 

CC97-ACB8-961-D-442-D-A753-924619-F2-F19

I don’t want to hear Takk is better than Vic or other way. This team needs good edge rushers and what we have is not the answer. 

I fully believe in Takk. Vic doesn’t even need to be discussed. lord this board in 2017 “Vic’s just being played out of position” when he took SAM snaps in base defense, as if he wasn’t still getting his pass rush snaps in nickel, as if his rushes weren’t garbage right there in plain view 

Takk can rush, he’s part of our future 

this is the first tweet I come across when I open Twitter. Who’s winning? 100% a win for the OT against Beasley. That’s a loss for the OG against Takk. He can be lined up inside just like this. More versatile, still has a ton of potential, let’s revisit next year with a new coach 

2 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I fully believe in Takk. Vic doesn’t even need to be discussed. lord this board in 2017 “Vic’s just being played out of position” when he took SAM snaps in base defense, as if he wasn’t still getting his pass rush snaps in nickel, as if his rushes weren’t garbage right there in plain view 

this is the first tweet I come across when I open Twitter. Who’s winning? 100% a win for the OT against Beasley. That’s a loss for the OG against Takk. He can be lined up inside just like this. More versatile, still has a ton of potential, let’s revisit next year with a new coach 

The downside to that is that it’s only one play. I’m 1000% positive for every 1 play you find like this, you’ll also be able to find 5 more from that same game where he got pushed around. I hate highlights for the simple fact that they don’t show the bad and peeps get caught up in the good and are fooled by it

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

The downside to that is that it’s only one play. I’m 1000% positive for every 1 play you find like this, you’ll also be able to find 5 more from that same game where he got pushed around. I hate highlights for the simple fact that they don’t show the bad and peeps get caught up in the good and are fooled by it

Bump. 

Imagine thinking our coverage woes weeks 1-8 wouldn’t bring down those totals for any number of other rushers...ya know like the entire Falcons DL before last week?!

sbiw.thumb.jpg.caf4b78ff41f59b7737a10fe83a4c6c9.jpg

Want to make another thread about coverage, too?  No, we can’t be positive about anyone because that means we are saying they are these great players Lol

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I find it amusing that TATF hypes up either of these guys. Bottom line they are one of the worst starting Edge rushers in the NFL. It’s about time Falcons bring in top Edge rushers not average trash we have right now. 

Let’s look at Myth on Takk producing more pass rush than Vic. They are equally bad, Takk has pass rush success (PRP) of 5.9% and Vic is at 6%. Grady and Clayborne are better than both. I want both of these clowns at state line. This is from PFF but you can get similar numbers from Pro football reference. 
6-B3-C577-E-6890-4-AAD-BD56-B33-AF361-E7

Where do the two first round edge rushers stand in the NFL? Backup rotational guys are better than this crap. Vic at 38 and Takk at 41.

F019-DA21-8-AA5-49-FB-A8-DC-3-D81-C51-AB

I know Hind sight is 20/20. But Falcons could have spent that 13 M on Justin Houston and not Vic. I remember the crickets about over hyped Takk and how TJ Watt was not JJ. Here are the top Edge guys in the NFL. TJ Watt is one of the scam leaders and also has twice pass Success rate than Takk. 

CC97-ACB8-961-D-442-D-A753-924619-F2-F19

I don’t want to hear Takk is better than Vic or other way. This team needs good edge rushers and what we have is not the answer. 

But but but, Justin Houston is a former UGA Player, and they're not really good. We're just homers (In my Ironhead Heyward Zest Commercial Voice).

5 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

We have to get more creative on defense.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s the thing, there were a handful of plays not just one or two.

Go back to the other thread as I have no idea why this guy made a new one. Selective evidence?

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

That’s the thing, there were a handful of players not just one or two.

Go back to the other thread as I have no idea why this guy made a new one. Selective evidence?

I didn’t say it was one or 2, simply responding to that one directed at Takk. My post goes for a majority of the players on defense. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I didn’t say it was one or 2, simply responding to that one directed at Takk. My post goes for a majority of the players on defense. 

Fair.

I just find it interesting that the pass rush shows up and produces almost the yearly sack total in one game; players in the locker room raving about Morris and the secondary, but we try to ask what Takk did on paper? Dude enabled Vic’s sack by himself.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Fair.

I just find it interesting that the pass rush shows up and produces almost the yearly sack total in one game; players in the locker room raving about Morris and the secondary, but we try to ask what Takk did on paper? Dude enabled Vic’s sack by himself.

I can't speak for 007 or what his motive was for this thread so i'll back out and let you and him chop it up about that. Enjoy

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can't speak for 007 or what his motive was for this thread so i'll back out and let you and him chop it up about that. Enjoy

Not much to say that hasn’t been said.

From this thread & the other, just paints anyone that doesn’t hate on Takk we must be suggesting he is a great player..

I said at minimum he is a good rotational rusher and could replace ACs role.

Again, the coverage improves dramatically and suddenly we get five coverage sacks out of six. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not much to say that hasn’t been said.

From this thread & the other, just paints anyone that doesn’t hate on Takk we must be suggesting he is a great player..

I said at minimum he is a good rotational rusher and could replace ACs role.

Again, the coverage improves dramatically and suddenly we get five coverage sacks out of six. 

I have nothing to do with it my man. Take it out on OP

I'm tired of having to pull some crazy obscure stats to show that our 1st rd Edge rushing DE's even played in the game.

Both are not getting the sacks you would expect from 1st rd draft picks, both I'd consider busts and not worth where we took them in the draft.

Beasely should be gone next year and Takk has one more year to prove he is worth keeping.

Give me Sacks and in legit enough numbers to justify the draft position. If you can't give me those sack numbers STFU, I don't want to hear about anything else.

Been hearing this kind of crap for over a decade how sacks are not important and people pulling out some oddball stat to try and prove it and that is total BS, tired of our DL lacking pressure on the QB.

One game does not make up for the last decade of inept pass rushing.

Vic and Takk are both on REALLY thin ice and neither has lived up to their draft position.

And, just to add Takk is still in the top 10 on ESPN’s pass rush win rate and that basically is he beats his man in the 2.5 second window they grade the percentage on. 

Does anyone really think his sack total won’t go up with improved coverage?

He got a 10 yard holding penalty on a would-be sack and helped Beasley get another in one game. Those don’t show up on the stat sheet but the film shows it.

:munch:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Top 10 DE/OLB Pass Rush Win Rate

1. T.J. Watt, Steelers, 32%
2. Robert Quinn, Cowboys, 31%
3. Takkarist McKinley, Falcons, 31%
4. Myles Garrett, Browns, 28%
5. Preston Smith, Packers, 27%
6. Matthew Judon, Ravens, 27%
7. Jadeveon Clowney, Seahawks, 26%
8. Dante Fowler Jr., Rams, 26%
9. DeMarcus Lawrence, Cowboys, 25%
10. Za'Darius Smith, Packers, 25%

Top 10 DT Pass Rush Win Rate

1. Aaron Donald, Rams, 29%
2. Grady Jarrett, Falcons, 21%
3. Maliek Collins, Cowboys, 20%
4. Calais Campbell, Jaguars, 19%
5. Ed Oliver, Bills, 18%
6. Chris Jones, Chiefs, 17%
7. Vita Vea, Buccaneers, 15%
8. Denico Autry, Colts, 15%
9. Matt Ioannidis, Redskins, 15%
10. Corey Peters, Cardinals, 14%

I’ve never said Takk is great, however we know what Beasley is and he lacks motor, gets washed out of plays easily, his love for the game is in question and it shows in his play.  Takk has high motor, was drafted later, makes less money, and is still young only in his third year and has more than one pass rush move.  What I mean is I haven’t given up on Takk yet, I have on Vic.

17 minutes ago, rings639 said:

I’ve never said Takk is great, however we know what Beasley is and he lacks motor, gets washed out of plays easily, his love for the game is in question and it shows in his play.  Takk has high motor, was drafted later, makes less money, and is still young only in his third year and has more than one pass rush move.  What I mean is I haven’t given up on Takk yet, I have on Vic.

I’m pretty much where you are. I even think Vic has some usage as well even if his price is too high this year on the return...