How should the Falcons attack the Panthers on Sunday?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m stacking the LoS . Run fits that’s all I’m preparing myself for.Take McCaffrey and Olsen away and we are in. Offensively attack there edges they’ll be tough to run inside on but I’m stil

If they can cover like they did last week we’ve in with a very good shot to beat these guys.Theres no surprises to be had from the Panthers nothing unexpected.I’d be bitterly disappointed to see a per

Last week they said Quinn told his coaches to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. I say they continue that trend. 

I’m stacking the LoS .

Run fits that’s all I’m preparing myself for.Take McCaffrey and Olsen away and we are in.

Offensively attack there edges they’ll be tough to run inside on but I’m still running the ball.It maybe tough sledding but DK stay with the run.Don’t get ansy and continue to run the football.

If we can do the above the pass will eventually open itself up.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m stacking the LoS .

Run fits that’s all I’m preparing myself for.Take McCaffrey and Olsen away and we are in.

Offensively attack there edges they’ll be tough to run inside on but I’m still running the ball.It maybe tough sledding but DK stay with the run.Don’t get ansy and continue to run the football.

Everybody is dogging Quinn because the defense looked better once he gave up play calling.  But I think  the change to our offensive philosophy was equally important. 

We ran the ball especially once we got on their side of the field. If I had to guess I'd bet that decision came from Quinn during the bye week. 

I saw yesterday that the Panthers are in the bottom half of the league in run defense. Which shocked me. Not sure if those numbers are skewed by how their games are played. If that's the case I continue running with Hill and OLLISON!!!

Their pass rush is really good so short passes and maybe Graham(sp?) Shows what he can do. 

I think Debo can at least slow down MCC.  He didnt practice yesterday and has a ankle issue so that will help. If we can get pressure again like last week I dont think Allen can beat us

Edited by Flyin' In DC
7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m stacking the LoS .

Kyle Allen doesn't seem to target Olsen as much as Cam Newton does. Even though he's been successful, I think it may hurt them. I think we can contain C-Mac. The problem is that they may have the best secondary in the NFC South. I'm glad that we have bigger backs playing. We need to block Luke. Anyone remember us playing the Ravens, and Michael Turner blocked Ray Lewis, and knocked him out of the game?

I don't think anyone had us winning that game. We dominated.

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I’m stacking the LoS .

Easier said than done, but yes, if you can neutralize those two, it will cut their score total by two or three TD's.

We could fight them with conventional weapons.  That could take years...cost millions of lives. 

In this case, I think we have to go all out.  I think this situation absolutely requires, a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. 

And we're just the guys to do it. 

12 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think we should try to run the ball throw short passes and control the clock like we did against the Saints? Or do you think we should try to attack them in the air and try to get a quick lead? 

On the defense side of the ball how do you think our defense should attack their offense?

Basically, ALL THE ABOVE!!!  And if we win the toss, by all means, take it!  I HATE this deferring junk!!!  If we can do that, and get a quick score, it seems to set the tone for our offense. 
So yes, run the ball, throw short passes, control the clock, sounds like a winning combination to me!!!!!!!  Oh, and you have to get those sacks, too! 
I mean, The Panties aren't near the team The Aints are, so if we can do this, I would fully expect to Win this game...  

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

We could fight them with conventional weapons.  That could take years...cost millions of lives. 

In this case, I think we have to go all out.  I think this situation absolutely requires, a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. 

I thought you were gonna say use Nuclear Weapons on 'em!!!  LOL!

7 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Everybody is dogging Quinn because the defense looked better once he gave up play calling.  But I think  the change to our offensive philosophy was equally important. 

We ran the ball especially once we got on their side of the field. If I had to guess I'd bet that decision came from Quinn during the bye week. 

Agreed the offense being able to sustain long drives helped the defense out immeasurably.Your looking at fresh guys pretty much every defensive series.They also didn’t have to defend short fields either.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Easier said than done, but yes, if you can neutralize those two, it will cut their score total by two or three TD's.

If they can cover like they did last week we’ve in with a very good shot to beat these guys.Theres no surprises to be had from the Panthers nothing unexpected.I’d be bitterly disappointed to see a performance like last week go wasted and then going back to the trash we’ve seen since the Philly game.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Keep doing what you're doing. 

It would be nice to see the passing game open up a little more. The big throw to Julio was great. Maybe there will be more of those opportunities against Carolina.

Yes, it would be great to see Ryan "go off" against Carolina!  They're secondary is suspect, so this could definitely become a reality. 
However, it may be hard to run the ball, since their run defense is pretty good!  Should be a good day to see what Hill, and hopefully Ollison, is really made of ----  :slick:

18 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yes, it would be great to see Ryan "go off" against Carolina!  They're secondary is suspect, so this could definitely become a reality. 
However, it may be hard to run the ball, since their run defense is pretty good!  Should be a good day to see what Hill, and hopefully Ollison, is really made of ----  :slick:

I've heard everything completely opposite of what you're saying. 

Bad run defense,  pretty good secondary. 

Run the ball,  stop McCaffrey,  control the clock. 

1 minute ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was mainly going by what they were saying on NFL.Com, after the Panties losing effort last week....just figured they knew more than I did ---- LOL!  I may investigate their stats a little bit, if I'm not too lazy, and let you know what I find...
And yes, if we can do what you say, we may get a Win this week! 

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

7f551c1e9aa03b16afd6532959d0aad5.png

45 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I stand corrected, sir --- the "talking heads" must not have known what they were "talking" about!  lol.  After Googling Carolina's stats, here's how their Defense stacks up...

Rushing Defense -- 134.4 ypg. allowed (26th). 

Passing Defense -- 227.0 ypg. allowed (9th).